Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Cheap Microphone for Sound recording

Options
  • 22-08-2008 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I posted before about the video I'm going to be making about my tour d'Usa next month.

Can anyone recommend a decent cheap microphone? Basically we just need it for when we are speaking to people and narrating bits ourselves. I got quite excited about getting a clip on one, but my mum isn't a fan of the quality and said to go for a pen sized directional one instead (though she couldn't recommend any because she's only familiar with professional ones)

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

hmm

Do you think you'll need a rifle mic or a interview mic (they're called gondelier or something?)

I'd think a rifle mic would be a safe all rounder, you can do both atmosphere and people talking etc.

In that case a good cheap one that I picked up a few years back is the audio technika shotgun microphone cant for the life of me remember the model number but if I remember i'll post it up when I am at home.

Decent mic, but it eats batteries unless your camera has phantom power.

more importantly what sort of inputs does your camera have?

Advertisement