Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age groups of sailing lessons in Dub?

Options
  • 22-08-2008 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

I'm 18 and would like 2 learn how 2 sail again on dingy or keelboats but it seems 2 me like all the lessons down in dun laoighre etc wud b packed with 15 yr olds n less.
    I'm lookin for a bit of craic as well as getting out on the sea so i'd prefer if there was a crowd from 17-20 ish doin the same course!

Any suggestions? Cheers
    Cliff:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

The Irish National Sailing School and Club, www.inss.ie, www.insc.ie run adult courses. The kids are all off school at the moment, so it seems a bit like a creche :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Are you heading to college in Dublin? Most colleges in dublin have sailing clubs which are full of experienced sailors who are usually instructors as well. They are always glad to bring new people into the sport and the weekends away with the other colleges are always great craic. Even if your college doesnt have a club afaik theres a system in place where you can join a sailing club of another college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Kareir

hey.

If you're a member of any clubs, they generally run courses...
    The RIYC, for instance, runs adult 1720 classes.. those things are good, actually..

You could also get someone to privately coach you, if you had your own boat.

_Kar.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Spinnaker

See www.sailingindublin.ie based in DunLaoighre

All 18+ I'd say

Craft: Dinghies, A Ruffian and a Sigma 33

Advertisement