Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a Side Entrance Gate

• 22-08-2008 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Just received a quote of €300 for a side entrance gate for my new house. I'm thinkin this is waaay too much. Was guesstimating around €200.

Anyone know where I can get some more quotes from?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

No ideas myself. My suggestion is, if you found a house with nice gates - ask the owner where they got them from and try them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Diver79

Yeah tried that, its jobs for the boys in the estate. The builder is reccomending the same guy to everyone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 paddy1mac

Depends on what type i.e. timber/metal and size of gate you got - but €300 euro sounds good value - did that included the fitting of it as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

"Die" David the welsh biker lad does side gates.. he is down in O'Briens Yard in Johnstown his company is called Merlin Fabricators his number is 086 3387468

sound head and good work too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

"Die" David the welsh biker lad does side gates.. he is down in O'Briens Yard in Johnstown his company is called Merlin Fabricators his number is 086 3387468

sound head and good work too

Was about to say the same , Sound bloke (if you can understand him):D
    No only kidding, dead sound and very fair

In fairness must declare he is a mate of mind . but I will stand by his work top notch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Was about to say the same , Sound bloke (if you can understand him):D

best welsh accent in the world...

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭floyd333

I got mine a few years back from Deise Metal. Think it cost about €150. It's a good solid gate and they were sound to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

B & Q have a small range of such gates which would probably be cheaper than having them made if you are happy with their styles. Possibly other DIY places have them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Diver79

Cheers everyone.

Went down to Deise Metals and got it for €250. Spent the €50 I saved on beer last night :confused:

Advertisement