Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SURF CONDITIONS G-TOWN INCHIDONNEY

Options
  • 22-08-2008 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Anyone know what conditions are like today and tomorrow for surfing is it worth goin?:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 GiuseppeConlon

judging by the forecase I think it's going to be fairly small.

I'm going to chance it anyway this evenigng, will go for a paddle either way, wake me up after week in the office.

have texted a mate who lives nearby hopefully she's been past the beach so I'll keep you posted if i get a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭elainee

cool nice one;)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 GiuseppeConlon

Elainne,
    sorry no text back, am leaving the office now. Am going to head out anyway, if there's no waves i'lll be practicing my paddling just to strengthen the arms.

Hopefully there will be something to surf.

:D
    Have a good weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Was down there before 6pm this evening,tide was fully out,little or no wind waves were very small 2 foot at most.Garrylucas was no better,stayed out of water.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

wideangle wrote: »
    Was down there before 6pm this evening,tide was fully out,little or no wind waves were very small 2 foot at most.Garrylucas was no better,stayed out of water.

Thanks for the info, its v handy to get an idea of what the waves are like on days when you consider going down but decide against it.
    It gives you a better idea of how accurate the charts are.

I was going to go today cos it was 3 star on msw and cos the swell was coming from w.
    I have been told (and read here) that gtown needs sw swell.
    ive been ther on days with 1 star and sw swell and had decent waves, so more and more the direction of the swell is becoming the deciding factor in whether or not i go out.

elainee, you asked in a diff thread about reading swell charts, ur obv from cork so my tip is to check the direction....
    meet your new best friend: 225.png:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭elainee

haha thanks!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

TheTubes wrote: »
    Thanks for the info

I was going to go today cos it was 3 star on msw and cos the swell was coming from w.
    I have been told (and read here) that gtown needs sw swell.
    ive been ther on days with 1 star and sw swell and had decent waves, so more and more the direction of the swell is becoming the deciding factor in whether or not i go out.
    :D

Not abother Tube's glad to help,went down myself expecting better conditions.
    I recently found out Garretstown and Inchadonny work best on growing tide,low tide at Garretstown can be good,but high tide hazardous due to the groyne 's and waves bouncing off wall and clashing with incomming wave!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

yeah, also trying to get out of the water without looking like a complete ass is impossible when you're hobbling across stones and the shore break's trying to batter you at the same time!

Advertisement