Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

data only 3 sim

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

So, I'm thinking of getting a nokia n78. If I get a 3pay sim and get it set up for internet access, can I use the phone as a modem for my laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

none wrote: »
    Thanks, Walkman :) Didn't activate the Internet access or bought credit yet but finally got the modem. Any ideas how do I set it up in my account if it's not listed there? It's Novatel MC950D but 3 only has Huaweis and one ZTE.

Dont worry about that set it up with either. Thats nothing to do with the way the sim will work with the modem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

Cool, cheers, guys :) Got it working now. I chose the ZTE one even though mine is different. Didn't top up yet but after activation with 99c charge by phone I got it working anyway ;) Will buy a proper top up and test it later during the week but for now the proof of the concept deemed successful.

Hi,
    Anybody knows if this (Internet on your mobile Add On €9.99 per month) can be used from the modem (as opposed from the handset)?
    Cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

yes it works

Yes, I can confirm it now :) Seems the best option for me now. The speed is reasonably good. Didn't run speedtest but for using email with Outlook Express and occasional browsing it's grand. The allowance is also OK as using it only at work so not expecting to reach even half of the 1GB quota. For EUR 9.99 a month it is exactly what I needed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

none wrote: »
    Hi,
    Anybody knows if this (Internet on your mobile Add On €9.99 per month) can be used from the modem (as opposed from the handset)?
    Cheers :)

Been using this for a while on my Huawei and is much more satisfactory than the 10GB offering ( at least for a low bandwidth user such as myself ).
    The 9.99 add on also allows for 'free unlimited Skype'. Has anyone tried to use this with a laptop ?
    Does it matter what client you use?
    How does it decide that its Skype and therefore free ?
    If it can be got to work then can Skypeout be used ?

Advertisement