Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping in Aldi - Suggestions

Options
  • 22-08-2008 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place for this. I've decided I'm going to do my shopping in Aldi from now as I can't afford the other places. Would anyone recommend what to buy from there for example is their washing powder good, what's their meat like... Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭síofra

they do a lovely carbonara sauce!! and great fruit and juices too, not to mention a huge back of cashew nuts for half the price you'd pay elsewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Hit and miss really... they don't offer a wide selection of similar products like supervalue/tesco so sometimes you just have to make do.

Their peanut butter is really nice... compared to Lidl which is like adhesive when you swallow it.

My advice to you would be to buy what you normally buy and then tick of the duds for the next shop. It's a lot to do with personal taste as well, someone might think its mingin and you might think its delicious...

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

I tend to buy my fruit there, salad and bread. no problems so far with it. same with shampoo.

have had their pizza before and lived through it and last year a buddy had a BBQ and he bought quarter pounders from it and everyone thought they tasted great. just as well he hid the packaging :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

I usually buy my washing powder there and get some nice fabric softner to make it smell nice:P saves a fortune!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pampers1

I usually buy my washing powder there and get some nice fabric softner to make it smell nice:P saves a fortune!

Thanks for that. That's one of the main things i'd be buying, along with cleaning products etc.

Has anyone ever used their nappies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Xterminator

shopping powder ... very poor
    fabric softner ... no fragrance
    finger scourers ... brillian and v cheap

fresh food very nice, better than my local tesco

own brand cereals noticable difference, still, if your kids are not fussy okay

razors poor but very cheap

beans, pasta spagetti etc all fine. Brattwurst in a jar, good quality
    Milk youghurts, cheese etc all nice
    cold meats and salads excellent selection
    beers very good

frozen foods okay to good, eg pizza's are nice and well topped , frozen chicken etc grand, and have a a range of chips, croquettes etc.

ready frozen meals not very good eg full dinners and ready pasta meals etc.

Hope my opinion above helps

x

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pampers1

That really helps. thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Good
    Fresh Vegetables and Meat
    Chocolate
    Cheese
    Cold Meats
    Yoghurt
    Beer

Meh
    Anything in a soup packet/can/bottle type food
    Cereal

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

• Peanut butter
    • Columbian Freeze Dried coffe
    • Bakewell tarts
    • All their sweets really
    • Wife swears by their benefit breakfast (like special k with fruit)
    • Frozen Pizza (black box, only two flavours - can't remember brand)
    • Dilute orange
    • All fruits, nuts, vegetables
    • Milk, yoghurt, cheese
    • Cold meat is nice, prefer Lidl ham
    • The bacon is lovely (for bacon and cabbage
    • My dog loves the dog foord (dry and foil pack)
    • Sugar, eggs, flour - all what you'd expect
    • Little mini tins of tuna
    • Cantina beer (like corona). Some kind of baileys clone there too.
    • Frozen chicken breast (definitely get these)
    • Cooked chicken strips for sandwiches
    • Tortilla wrap things for making wraps.
    • Toothpaste / mouthwash / floss all fine.
    • Scouring sponge.
    As you can guess I just retraced my shopping through my head. Most of their stuff is fine. Washing up liquid isn't. Oh, I've used both Lidl and Aldi nappies on my 16 month old. Both good at different times (depending on how big he was), but am currently using Lidl ones. No problem with them/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Dfens

Fish is good, frozen haddock is v. tasty & whole sea bass.
    Have some nice spicy tomato pasta sauces. For tea/coffee give the really cheap stuff a miss but the more expensive ones are good.
    Sliced cold meats are good value & they have great icecream! Tried a Tiramisu cake recently, a bit dry but really tasty - would be really nice with some soft vanilla icecream.
    Have good cereal bars - cranberry/yoghurt and to-die-for apricot ones.
    DD is wearing their pull-up pants at night at the moment & no problems there, I always buy their sensitive baby wipes, haven't tried their smaller nappies yet but they have won some Mother & Baby awards. I used Lidl Midi/Maxi nappies when DD was smaller & found them grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭trout

If you like cheese, they have quite a good selection ... some of it is really tasty.

I was snobby at first, but the cheese, beer and cold meats won me over.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Frozen ready meals are good, as are cereals. Their brown sauce is awful. :) Washing powder is poor, your whites seem to go grey.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Fruit and veg are fine, rashers are lovely and great value and it turns out made locally to me :)
    Honestly can't fault Aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I recently saw a manager in my local Dunnes stroll out of Aldi (not a million miles away from his own work) with a trolly almost overflowing with a weekly shop.

That says it all for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

Baby wipes and nappies fine.
    Cheese especially brie fantastic.
    Fruit and veg ditto.
    Cleaning products excellent value.
    Fresh orange juice lovely also.
    I think as someone else has said that it's a question of trial and error with much of their produce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

new one opened over the road from us so I am in a similar situation to the OP
    might help if people could post prices on the more common things, as this is usually the most annoying part of shopping around , go to tesco check over to aldi and back to tesco. Not too bad for me though as they are opposite each other. :D

So far i have tried (cant remember brand names of most things)
    -huge slices of ham (green and red packet) = excellent value 1 slice made 4 sambos!!
    - a yop type drink only cheeper and bigger = very nice!!!!
    - jam = cant be faulted
    - low fat milk = just as good as tesco brand i was buying
    - apples , bananas, carrots where all cheaper than tesco.
    - canned tuna in brine - 59c a can, same size can in tesco is 64c aldi one tastes better to me also :-)
    some nice sized soft brown bread baps - will definately buy those again !!!

Ill look for my receipt and add prices later
    On the topic of cleaning stuff / toiletries etc generally as a rule if it costs more than €2 ill have a look in the €2 shop 1st before getting it in tesco , again though easy for me as they are next to each other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

caramel bars(twix) 8 pack €1.95
    low fat sunflower spread 55cent/500grms
    luxury toilet roll 4 pack €2.29
    1kg oven chips 99cent
    plums 750grms €1.95
    6 fruit scones €1.29
    sausages 454grms €1.40
    white bread 60cent (available all day) tesco cheap bread only available in the mornings.
    new season Kerrs pinks 2.5kg €2.29
    quiche €2.19
    250grms mushrooms €1.19
    pasta snack 99cent
    750g potato wedges 85cent
    large tin pink salmon €1.35
    500g stem cherry tomatoes €1.45
    2.5kg oranges €1.99
    cod fillets 600g €3.49
    dale farm ice-cream 1ltr €2.15
    coleslaw 500g €1.29
    2 garlic or herb bagguettes €1.49
    etc etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

For most stuff about 10% is good 30% is so so and 60% is crap

bad stuff for me is nearly all the fresh fruits
    I found them tastesless and prone to be going off uickly same as all the crappy testcos Dunnes as well all due o frozen for too long between huge warehouses

Some vegies are similar to fruit above and some is OK

Cabbage tends to develop creepys quickly so ok if you eat it quickly with large family

Carrots and tomatoes often tasteless

Turnip is OK
    Spuds can vary alot from very good to awful or even gone off when you buy it from damp in the plastic bags

They do refund if stuff is bad but got fed up doing that so for most fruit and vegies I got to local fruit and vegie shop

Cheese is OK and cheaper than others but the prices hiked like 30% afew months ago with all shops including the lidl and Aldi so i stopped buying cheese period and get my friends to send it to me from France or Spain in the post or friends on holidays to bring it back for less cost than buying it in shops here

Example is the cheapest Cheese in march 2008 was Cheddar cheese Supervalue 2.50 Euros for 500grams makes 5 euros a Kilo

Lidl and Aldi were 3.29 for the same Cheddar cheese

Then supervalue wetn up to match them so that was it for me

I refuse to pay more than 5 euros a KILO

I can get the same Cambert cheese for 1 euro a 250 gram type from Lidl Aldi in Spain

Here it is now 1. 60 euro (Ok cheaper than Tesco or Dunnes but too much for me over my 5 euro per kilo max price )

I get it sent to me here and it costs about 5 euro a kilo

Here it is possible to get some sort of sliced cheese for 5 euros a Kilo in LIDL ALDI but its like eating corn flakes box tasteless rubber quality

I get the tinns of Tuna in oil at 70 cent s a tin
    a few months back that was only like 55 cents a tin
    Ok lot cheaper than Dunnes or Tesco but the continuios price hikes from the Aldi and Lidl leads me to ring thier special complaint number

Sometimes the price of something will drop if I bitch at them
    They dropped the Camembert from 1.40 to 1.30 after I biched and it stayed there for a year or so
    Then it jumped to 1.65 and when I bitched they said some bull crap about levy or something

So now i have to buy it from Lidl or Aldi in France or Spain to get it cheaper

Forget the chickens they are like all the big supermarkets chains awful crap
    Those hapless things in cages stuffed and fattened with no good nutrition full for fat and bad oils and no omega 3 vital for kids as brain food

For chickens it needs to be free range types

For fish some excelnt choises exist for a few fish and then the rest is to pricy

The big bags with the pollok or bass are OK value
    the big bags of shrimps are OK too

The problem is a lot of the rest is mixed with extra crap like stuffing of bread or similar preperations that often kill the fish as often done in contental way that isn't a winner in Irish taste buds

cereals are OK
    They do big corn flakes and wheatbix stuff
    they do several musilie types including a sugar free

I dont do the rest as too sugary for me lie coco pops etc

Tea is OK
    The Coffee is Ok but now I only get the fair trade stuff and that isn't as cheap as the LIDL stuff

I don't drink but my friends do and prices can be good for that product

Now a days I don't buy so much food stuffs there
    I get fruit and veggies friom fruit and veggie shops

I get my fish mostly there

Sometimes Tesco have kipper at like 5 or 6 euros a kilo so then it is Tesco

I get Turkey meat bulk direct from a Turkey farmer my friend knows where the Turkeys are mostly free range and I freeze it

I mostly buy the special offer stuff like lawn mowers , tools,wet suits whatever from Aldi or LiDl

The best is shop once every two weeks or once a week for the big stuff like cereals washing liquid ( washing powder is dodgy causes itching to some people ) tinned food like corn and fish and some cheeses and milk and maybe eggs

After see what suits you and hit and miss it will be reduced to what is suitable for you

what they dont have go to other shops preferably northern ireand where stuff is 30% less

I always look the Aldi and Lidl prices online and compare the prices north and south Ireland and the rest of EU and then ring them to bitch why is there a difference of so much like maybe 24 euros here and 18 euros in the north of Ireland

Still the diferences are nothing like Tesco or Dunnes

Sometimes it can be 50% cheaper to get the stuff in the north from the other operators

I drive north of the border once every two months for a big shop for cloths and things and save a fortune often

Derry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

derry wrote: »
    For most stuff about 10% is good 30% is so so and 60% is crap

bad stuff for me is nearly all the fresh fruits
    I found them tastesless and prone to be going off uickly same as all the crappy testcos Dunnes as well all due o frozen for too long between huge warehouses

Some vegies are similar to fruit above and some is OK

Cabbage tends to develop creepys quickly so ok if you eat it quickly with large family

Carrots and tomatoes often tasteless

Turnip is OK
    Spuds can vary alot from very good to awful or even gone off when you buy it from damp in the plastic bags

They do refund if stuff is bad but got fed up doing that so for most fruit and vegies I got to local fruit and vegie shop

Cheese is OK and cheaper than others but the prices hiked like 30% afew months ago with all shops including the lidl and Aldi so i stopped buying cheese period and get my friends to send it to me from France or Spain in the post or friends on holidays to bring it back for less cost than buying it in shops here

Example is the cheapest Cheese in march 2008 was Cheddar cheese Supervalue 2.50 Euros for 500grams makes 5 euros a Kilo

Lidl and Aldi were 3.29 for the same Cheddar cheese

Then supervalue wetn up to match them so that was it for me

I refuse to pay more than 5 euros a KILO

I can get the same Cambert cheese for 1 euro a 250 gram type from Lidl Aldi in Spain

Here it is now 1. 60 euro (Ok cheaper than Tesco or Dunnes but too much for me over my 5 euro per kilo max price )

I get it sent to me here and it costs about 5 euro a kilo

Here it is possible to get some sort of sliced cheese for 5 euros a Kilo in LIDL ALDI but its like eating corn flakes box tasteless rubber quality

I get the tinns of Tuna in oil at 70 cent s a tin
    a few months back that was only like 55 cents a tin
    Ok lot cheaper than Dunnes or Tesco but the continuios price hikes from the Aldi and Lidl leads me to ring thier special complaint number

Sometimes the price of something will drop if I bitch at them
    They dropped the Camembert from 1.40 to 1.30 after I biched and it stayed there for a year or so
    Then it jumped to 1.65 and when I bitched they said some bull crap about levy or something

So now i have to buy it from Lidl or Aldi in France or Spain to get it cheaper

Forget the chickens they are like all the big supermarkets chains awful crap
    Those hapless things in cages stuffed and fattened with no good nutrition full for fat and bad oils and no omega 3 vital for kids as brain food

For chickens it needs to be free range types

For fish some excelnt choises exist for a few fish and then the rest is to pricy

The big bags with the pollok or bass are OK value
    the big bags of shrimps are OK too

The problem is a lot of the rest is mixed with extra crap like stuffing of bread or similar preperations that often kill the fish as often done in contental way that isn't a winner in Irish taste buds

cereals are OK
    They do big corn flakes and wheatbix stuff
    they do several musilie types including a sugar free

I dont do the rest as too sugary for me lie coco pops etc

Tea is OK
    The Coffee is Ok but now I only get the fair trade stuff and that isn't as cheap as the LIDL stuff

I don't drink but my friends do and prices can be good for that product

Now a days I don't buy so much food stuffs there
    I get fruit and veggies friom fruit and veggie shops

I get my fish mostly there

Sometimes Tesco have kipper at like 5 or 6 euros a kilo so then it is Tesco

I get Turkey meat bulk direct from a Turkey farmer my friend knows where the Turkeys are mostly free range and I freeze it

I mostly buy the special offer stuff like lawn mowers , tools,wet suits whatever from Aldi or LiDl

The best is shop once every two weeks or once a week for the big stuff like cereals washing liquid ( washing powder is dodgy causes itching to some people ) tinned food like corn and fish and some cheeses and milk and maybe eggs

After see what suits you and hit and miss it will be reduced to what is suitable for you

what they dont have go to other shops preferably northern ireand where stuff is 30% less

I always look the Aldi and Lidl prices online and compare the prices north and south Ireland and the rest of EU and then ring them to bitch why is there a difference of so much like maybe 24 euros here and 18 euros in the north of Ireland

Still the diferences are nothing like Tesco or Dunnes

Sometimes it can be 50% cheaper to get the stuff in the north from the other operators

I drive north of the border once every two months for a big shop for cloths and things and save a fortune often

Derry
    afaik it is illegal to import fresh fruit and vegetables and any dairy produce, meat fish etc through the post and also without a proper license. and you would need to add the postage costs onto the cost in spain/france.

it seems you are looking for completely organic/gourmet produce from discount supermarkets but you will never get that except for some of their cheeses and selected products

foggy_lad wrote: »
    afaik it is illegal to import fresh fruit and vegetables and any dairy produce, meat fish etc through the post and also without a proper license. and you would need to add the postage costs onto the cost in spain/france.

it seems you are looking for completely organic/gourmet produce from discount supermarkets but you will never get that except for some of their cheeses and selected products

Find me if you can :pac::pac::pac:

If the supermarkets are trying to rip my face don't be suprised if I fight back with every method I can find

You want to see the case loads of foods on air travel or car loads if its the ferries I have brought with me from various locations mostly EU but sometimes further afield

You want to see how much food stuffs My friends from china and Poland and other countries bring with them as the word is out this is rip off republic Ireland

A French friend of mine always goes to France once a month to do his shopping with Ryan air or Air France fills all his cases to exactly the limits so as not to be overweight and saves a fortune compared to Ireland
    He also posts stuff to himself as french post is cheap compared to rip off Ireland

After a few years living in France when I went to come back to Ireland the post was so cheap I posted most all my household stuff to me in Ireland as it was the cheapest way to move

French and Spanish post are way cheaper than Rip off Ireland

My Chinese friends get tons of food sent in the post as China post is dirt cheap good quality and lots of stuff travels well in the post like expensive herbs or spices which are rip off prices here

It only us dip stick Irish who accept these rip of prices

I lived aboard many years and am not going to accept the hike often 25% for no reason

I bought a trailer recently and a roof box to attach to my car and the next French holiday will pay for itself with the just the food I will bring back

I don't drink so I don't bother with drink products

I will pay for the holiday ship and all and bring back several months supply of food and still save about 30% of the prices with all the extra cost added

Ask also the with it truckers who come back laden with gormet stuff for prices less than bottom prices in Ireland

yesterday went to Aldi to buy the 4GB ram memory stick for 11 euros

God dam it in Aldi in Naas they were all sold out in two hours and queues were outside the door before they opened

So feeling peckish I bought a pack of maybe 10 plums for 1.99
    two of the plums were rotten
    most were tasteless

Later I went to china shop in Rathmines

I bought two frozen fish stripped whole clean tuna about 1 kg each
    the price was dirt cheap compared to everybody else Germans or Irish

0.922kg cost@4.50 a kgs ~=4.15 euros

you wont smell a fish in Irish shops for less than 6 euro a kgs

mostly 10 or 20 euros a kilos

I cooked and ate half a tuna last night cost me about ~2.50 and will eat the other half today cost ~2.50

With the help of the Chinese shops in Ireland when you get used to the products they have that are cheaper it is possible to sometimes not need to bring stuff in from Europe

Chow of to eat that yummy tuna :pac::pac::pac::pac:

If you want to bitch at me the cost of driving my car there well I filled my non flex fuel car with e85 a suziki swift 98 I bought for 2000 euros in 2006 with 35K on the milometer insurance 400 euros a year road tax 165 euros a year makes about 4 euros a day standing charges

Cost 60 miles @ 50mph average return journey when I refilled 4 euro for 4 liters of E85 about ~70 mpg

So I need the car for various reasons and the car runs well on 50% E5 and 50% E85 and gets 70mpg on the highway 55 MPG in town so fuel isn't a big factor for me and with the use of E85 the costs are ~10% maybe even 20% less than other swift cars as the E85 seems to give better milage

Total cost round trip to Naas was ~8 euros

But if foggy_lad want to let his face be always ripped go for it there are lots of shops out there ready to rip your face

Derry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

How come I always sit next to people like you on the planne!!!!

wmpdd3 wrote: »

Why did my fivety packs of France Aldi one euro camembert cheese pack fall out of the overhead locker and hit you on the head :p

Derry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Don't buy the mince FULL of fat:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

wmpdd3 wrote: »

Some People know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

I would rather drive 15 mins to Aldi and do my weekly shop than have to fly all over Europe.

Maybe next time I fancy a meal out I will go to Poland as it only cost us €20 for a 3 course meal.

Go Roosters !!!

Musha wrote: »
    Some People know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

I would rather drive 15 mins to Aldi and do my weekly shop than have to fly all over Europe.

Maybe next time I fancy a meal out I will go to Poland as it only cost us €20 for a 3 course meal.

Go Roosters !!!

Fine
    lots of guys shop in local supervalue 5 minutes drive rather than go 15 minutes to Aldi or Dunnes whatever

For those guys its their money to waste go for it

If your on more than E100 an hour like private Dentists or GP doctor spending 1/2 hour to save money on shopping instead to work an extra half hour means they would lose money to be in long Queues like Dunnes stores or Aldi so quick shop queue otlets like small spar or similar make more sence for those types

However the rest of us earn a whole lot lot less and have had up to now two choices

Swallow these prices as trapped audience and listen to banks and government , take out more loans and government propaganda you so so rich because you owe so so much and have so so much credit rating ,keep spending and borrowing like crazy .......until we hit this credit crunch and that plan looks now a crap plan
    Now we see the government is really a alley cat in a smelly tiger suit and the economy was a maxed out credit balloon

Or do what others from rest of Europe do have shopping excursion away or from friends returning to Ireland or internet postage solutions whatever

Sometimes you can get a small interesting low cost break and return with high value goods at much much cheaper prices and incurr saving and goods without borrowing money at expensive credit rates

The majority of non nationals and the many ex Irish who have lived away will opt not to buy when products get to pricey and will shop else where if the product is to be had cheaper elsewhere and will only borrow funds for as little as possible preferably no loans

Tesco sample shopping the other day was 30% cheaper in the north of Ireland

You don't have to go to Europe mainland to make HUGE savings just trek to northern Ireland

Yes but for the rich or the lazy pretend rich on maxed out credit cards its toooooooo much trouble to go outside the state or even to the next county

I regularly ring the Aldi and Lidl customer complaints line to bitch about price hikes and crap tasteless plums or apples whatever

Even German cost cutting outfits like Aldi Lidl are starting to take us for a ride when you go online and see the prices charged all over Europe for the same thing or even the north of Ireland that the south Irish are price insentive as they just max the credit cards even more

For those who don't want to save money shopping in low cost shops go make a thread why you love give away your money like water to rip your face shopping outlets and let cost cutters get on with devising proven methods that most Europe uses to get costs reduced

When the credit card is finally maxed and wont work and funds are low just remember often the cheapest outfits so far to be found are still Chinese shops spread around Dublin and possibly other big towns

Derry

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I wonder if these "rip your face" shopping centers are more expensive because they are paying the tax and duty and commercial licences that you are bypassing?

Why dont you just starting stealing food and then it will be free?

I buy all my Toilet Rolls in Lidl, much cheaper and good quality.
    Not mad about their cereal imitations.

GreeBo wrote: »
    I wonder if these "rip your face" shopping centers are more expensive because they are paying the tax and duty and commercial licences that you are bypassing?

Why dont you just starting stealing food and then it will be free?

I buy all my Toilet Rolls in Lidl, much cheaper and good quality.
    Not mad about their cereal imitations.

I don't invent the system
    If I drive to the north of Ireland and buy stuff there and save 30 % even with fuel costs factored in the running of the car there , what crime did I do ???
    I payed the north of Ireland tax and duties eeekk i that queen bitch taxes
    Traitor to Ireland

oh yeah I am big time border smuggler

If I take back from France with a case full of food stuffs like tinned foods , Cheeses , smoked bacon leg ,sausages, dried fish , goose and duck liver pates and all sorts of stuff at half the price in the Carrefour or Aldi or Lidl Then I pay the local french tax and there is no crime commited in France

oh yeah I am big time border smuggler mostly of plastic bags as they are still often free there and I use one bag tone item

If I ask my friend who travels to France or Spain pick up a case of 50 cans of a tinned food product which costs ~0.50 cents a tin there in those Aldi shops and is closer to 1 euro a tin here thats a saving of ~25 euros

I buy him a free bottle of wine de plonk for ~5 euros what costs ~20 euros here and I am still ahead to ~15 euros

man its a no brainer if the system allows legaly me to get stuff any where in the EU products then for me and thousands like me we will avail of the opertunity

Best I can tell EU is no issues to bring food back

I have been to regions that are beside the EU but there it mostly the goat and Cheeses I bring back from there in vacum packed packaging

Suitcase full of cheese blocks at the other end cuases security from x ray machine to really search my bags

Having never seen so much cheese in one place or in one suit case and visions of midnight express are the theme they call all the security out to see this event

Man it hairy being a cheese smugler

why don't I come back laden with drink like the rest of the gang but I don't drink

Even more fun eating lots of cheese for weeks after:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Simple really one week holiday pack 7 T shirts and 7 nickers two pairs of shorts and then there is tons of room to fill a case with 20KG of cheese at average price of 5 euros a kg
    cheaper than Ireland

So far this year since may when cheese went to 6.50 a Kilo in all the shops I have eaten a whack load of cheese from outside Ireland

So up yours to Aldi LiDL Dunnes Tesco Super value the lot

I will resist law or no laws

I feel another cheese run breaking out need a fix as i eat 200 grams a day

Derry

PS

here is a link to LIDL in spain

on special offer for kids car toy set ireland cost 7.99

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20080908.p.CarandTrailerSet

In spain exact sane set cost 6.99

http://www.lidl.es/es/home.nsf/page/c.o.20080915.p.Coche_de_juguete.ar10
    For this one I include a short cut with a scren grab jpg at the end to save you the hard work

What to do to see the full link
    Spanish link brings you to home page chose offers on left and then demands postal code eter 29014 ( which is part of malga) and then check the offers ffor the next few weeks

Both Aldi and Lidl but more often Lidl when I check are taking the piss out of the Irish

Tesco completly takes the Irish for a ride for m30% across the board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Derry, Is your dog called Gromit?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Cheeseaholicsanonamous. There must be some kind of help available for this condition.

• Advertisement

Musha wrote: »
    Derry, Is your dog called Gromit?

no its nascha the beast one of those pretend types cheap to run never soils the place no kennel costs
    I recommend one to everybody at half the price

Cheeseaholicsanonamous. There must be some kind of help available for this condition.

No cure known once you lived in France for a few years you need your daily intake of half a camambert cake cheese a day minium preferably a full cake 200 grams a day

Aldi and Lidl and other outlets in Ireland cost too much so have to shop outside the state

Derry

Advertisement