Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping in Aldi - Suggestions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

derry wrote: »
    here is a link to LIDL in spain

on special offer for kids car toy set ireland cost 7.99

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20080908.p.CarandTrailerSet

In spain exact sane set cost 6.99

http://www.lidl.es/es/home.nsf/page/c.o.20080915.p.Coche_de_juguete.ar10
    For this one I include a short cut with a scren grab jpg at the end to save you the hard work

What to do to see the full link
    Spanish link brings you to home page chose offers on left and then demands postal code eter 29014 ( which is part of malga) and then check the offers ffor the next few weeks

Both Aldi and Lidl but more often Lidl when I check are taking the piss out of the Irish

Tesco completly takes the Irish for a ride for m30% across the board

Yes, and you see the car seats can magically fly from Spain to Ireland for less than €1. Stick it the man you renegade. Power to the people!

Want to organise a march against "the man" on Sunday? Lets meet outside the GPO. I'll bring the posters you being the attitude (and the cheese)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

GreeBo wrote: »
    Yes, and you see the car seats can magically fly from Spain to Ireland for less than €1. Stick it the man you renegade. Power to the people!

Want to organise a march against "the man" on Sunday? Lets meet outside the GPO. I'll bring the posters you being the attitude (and the cheese)

Nice idea but I sleep in on Sundays

No need to meet at GPO

Instaed look up the customer information numbers for Aldi and Lidl during the working week and ring them and say why is product X in Germany 2 euros cheaper than the same product in Ireland and 3 euro more than the same product in northern Ireland

From the net or or from friends who live in the north or trips you do to the north of Ireland you will see a typical 18 euro item in the south of Ireland will cost 22 euros in the south of Ireland

If eneogh people bitch they have a habit to of dropping the price back down to the north of Ireland prices
    But if you lie down and take it all they will screw you same as Tescos and the other already screw you

if while your in the Aldi or Lidl shop you spot some price difference you can see the number to ring a low tarrif phone number over the doors as you exit the shop

So if your planning to buy those kiddies cars for 7 euros you can ring up and bitch why are they ripping your face for 1 extra euro compared to Spanish shops
    its called taking the piss out of the Irish what Tescos does to the tune of 30% every day compared to UK market

Its not the one euro thats important it the extra they add to everything that makes yous shopping instead to be say 100 euro to be 110 euro and I prefer the 10 euro is my pocket than theirs

I can promise you they wouldn't add on extra to Germans so easily as they would get hundreds of phone calls about one euro as the Germans know let give these big outlets an inch they will take a mile

I saw in the county counsil notice board in Blancherstown a bus that goes to newry just inside the north of irealnd every Saterday for shopping trips

The price return was something like 20 euros

The time to go from Blancherstown to Newry is nearly the same as to go into town on the CIE bus with the traffic

I don't need the service as my car uses less than 20 euros in petrol return to Newry
    Hiowever for those with big families and no car the possibility to save several hundreds pounds with a big shopping spree exists compared to the south of Ireland where they think they got you buy the crotch

A friend of mine has got a van from his work and bought a cheap second hand electric power generator and got a present of a large old deep freezer which he loads into van for his shopping trips to the Newry or similar

He then goes to the north buy a bucket load of frozen stuff mostly meat and comes back home keeping the stuff frozen until he gets home
    He recons with a trip every 6 weeks and having to feed several kids he saves 1000 euros a year on frozen food alone never mind the kids cloths which are much cheaper there

Me i just buy the frozen stuff last and then put them in the boot wraped in a silver foil blanket what marathon runners use and tthen a ordinary wool blanket to keep the heat out and to keep mthe heat in

Then I drive pretty pronto like back to north side Dublin and pop them into the freezer and so far it works a treat for me about the same amount of time as driving back from center Dublin

Derry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

derry wrote: »
    Nice idea but I sleep in on Sundays

No need to meet at GPO

Instaed look up the customer information numbers for Aldi and Lidl during the working week and ring them and say why is product X in Germany 2 euros cheaper than the same product in Ireland and 3 euro more than the same product in northern Ireland

From the net or or from friends who live in the north or trips you do to the north of Ireland you will see a typical 18 euro item in the south of Ireland will cost 22 euros in the south of Ireland

If eneogh people bitch they have a habit to of dropping the price back down to the north of Ireland prices
    But if you lie down and take it all they will screw you same as Tescos and the other already screw you

if while your in the Aldi or Lidl shop you spot some price difference you can see the number to ring a low tarrif phone number over the doors as you exit the shop

So if your planning to buy those kiddies cars for 7 euros you can ring up and bitch why are they ripping your face for 1 extra euro compared to Spanish shops
    its called taking the piss out of the Irish what Tescos does to the tune of 30% every day compared to UK market

Its not the one euro thats important it the extra they add to everything that makes yous shopping instead to be say 100 euro to be 110 euro and I prefer the 10 euro is my pocket than theirs

I can promise you they wouldn't add on extra to Germans so easily as they would get hundreds of phone calls about one euro as the Germans know let give these big outlets an inch they will take a mile

I saw in the county counsil notice board in Blancherstown a bus that goes to newry just inside the north of irealnd every Saterday for shopping trips

The price return was something like 20 euros

The time to go from Blancherstown to Newry is nearly the same as to go into town on the CIE bus with the traffic

I don't need the service as my car uses less than 20 euros in petrol return to Newry
    Hiowever for those with big families and no car the possibility to save several hundreds pounds with a big shopping spree exists compared to the south of Ireland where they think they got you buy the crotch

A friend of mine has got a van from his work and bought a cheap second hand electric power generator and got a present of a large old deep freezer which he loads into van for his shopping trips to the Newry or similar

He then goes to the north buy a bucket load of frozen stuff mostly meat and comes back home keeping the stuff frozen until he gets home
    He recons with a trip every 6 weeks and having to feed several kids he saves 1000 euros a year on frozen food alone never mind the kids cloths which are much cheaper there

Me i just buy the frozen stuff last and then put them in the boot wraped in a silver foil blanket what marathon runners use and tthen a ordinary wool blanket to keep the heat out and to keep mthe heat in

Then I drive pretty pronto like back to north side Dublin and pop them into the freezer and so far it works a treat for me about the same amount of time as driving back from center Dublin

Derry
    well realistically people want to be able to do their weekly shopping without having to leave the counrry or even the county so going to newry is a waste of time unless you are shopping for a ton of washing powder and gallons of spirits wine etc.

as far as supermarkets in this country go aldi and lidl are by far the cheapest regardless of prices of dairy produce in spain or france.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    well realistically people want to be able to do their weekly shopping without having to leave the counrry or even the county so going to newry is a waste of time unless you are shopping for a ton of washing powder and gallons of spirits wine etc.

as far as supermarkets in this country go aldi and lidl are by far the cheapest regardless of prices of dairy produce in spain or france.

no first try out your local chinese shop

Then look to Aldi lidl for some items but not all

Derrry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

I find the Aldi Kitchen Towels are superb and recently saw that a new range of Ginger Shower Gel / Bath foam / Shampoo that they are doing got top of a poll in a magazine survey - on price and quality!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

1966 wrote: »
    I find the Aldi Kitchen Towels are superb and recently saw that a new range of Ginger Shower Gel / Bath foam / Shampoo that they are doing got top of a poll in a magazine survey - on price and quality!! :rolleyes:

I will check that today when I pas the shop

dont forget try all the shops first sometimes there are bargains to be had

Dunnes is doing specials now

yesterday I bought several turkey legs from Dunnes stores great price E2.50 euros each weight 750 grams which is about E4.50 euros a kilo when you factor in bone weight of about 200 grams

So for E2.50 I get ~550 grams of turkey per meal

I bought 10 legs of turkey ate one last night and froze the rest for another day

Others might get two days out of one leg but me I like my 500 grams of meat or fish or Turkey whatever

Thats cheaper than super value who normally charge me ~3.30 for the same thing
    :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Derry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Aldi - Good for biscuits, toothpaste,cheese oats (porridge) and razors.

I would use their shower gels - don't know about shampoo.

Advertisement