Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

8 days to end of M50 toll gates!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Hey casey, that time of the week again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

moved from after hours

use the ****ing dublin forums, assholes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,344 ✭✭✭markpb

But they're not leaving even one or two kiosks for tourists or whoever, like every other bridge I've ever crossed around the world which has no-stop pass systems?

Tourists can pay the fee by phone or website or (more likely) have it billed to the car rental company so it will be charged to them later. If they're driving their own (foreign) car, there'll be no toll.
    phasers wrote: »
    I really don't understand this.
    I don't have a credit card and there's about 200000 different tags on offer... WTF? can I just not do anything and pay the €3 in a shop? or do I have to register or something?

If you don't have a credit card (for the website or phone system), find any Payzone outlet by 8pm the following day and pay cash.
    tech77 wrote: »
    I don't understand this either.
    If you don't register for a tag and pay in a shop what details do you need to give when paying in a shop.. is it your car reg?

Yep, just your car reg.
    FreedomJoe wrote: »
    But for the rest of us who only use the M50 to get to the airport or shopping at Blanch on the odd occasion once per year have to A) Pay more, B) Log onto the internet the day before we plan to travel pay by credit card and make sure we have planned ahead for our return travel? And what happens if you dont have a credit or lazer card?

I don't think you can prepay without buying a tag, you either pay for a tag or post-pay. If you don't have a credit card, pay by cash. To be honest, if you have an AIB or BOI account, you already have a lazer card. How many people over 16 don't have lazer cards by now?
    FreedomJoe wrote: »
    And what gripes me is that only the Irish have to pay this!
    Johnny foreigner wont be paying a thing as they will no nothing about the system and clearly wont be chased all over Europe by the M50 people with a fine!

London use an international debt collection agency to enforce the congestion charge for foreign cars, I'd be surprised if the NRA didn't consider it too. It's a joke at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Although I use the m50 every day,I only noticed the two erections just before the toll bridge yesterday. I assume one is to register the toll with the tag and the other to take the picture if you don't pay. I'm sure in the weeks to come we'll see an abundance of speed checks in the area owing to the the amount of people 'testing' the system and just how fast you need to go and not be caught by the camera's. Ironically on that same trip yesterday,going through the easi pass lane,the car in front of stuck me to the tail of the car in front of him and got through without paying. Is this the shape of things to come. We'll see convoys of cars,driving within inches of each other at speed and then stopping further down the m50 to divvy up their share of the 2 quid. It could be economical if there was enough cars in the convoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

micmclo wrote: »
    Does that work?
    If you drive through Easy pass lane and have a car right in front of you and right behind you, then your number plate can't be seen?
    Interesting......
    Jesus Wept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

moved from after hours

use the ****ing dublin forums, assholes.

How you ever became a mod is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Drax wrote: »
    How you ever became a mod is beyond me.

Its funny, for everyone outside of Dublin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement