Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with itunes & iphone with FW2.0

• 22-08-2008 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

ok so i have a 1st gen unlocked / jailbroken iphone on o2 PAYG using FW2.0, and when i try to connect to itunes i get this message:

''itunes cannot read the contents of the iphone "^1". go to the summary tab in iphone preferences and click restore to restore this iphone to factory settings''

i have downloaded some apps from cydia & app store so if i do this restore will i lose all my apps??? and cydia??

what about contacts, notes, sms history etc...will they all go too..?

i normally use mediamonkey to snyc my ipod but it dosent have support for iphones with 2.0FW.

any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Well, that restore functionality is built into every iphone (even legit) so it should not delete your contacts, sms, appstore apps etc, that would just be bad design if it did.

But as for your cydia apps i dont know

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sandt

animaX wrote: »
    Well, that restore functionality is built into every iphone (even legit) so it should not delete your contacts, sms, appstore apps etc, that would just be bad design if it did.

But as for your cydia apps i dont know

thanks, but does anyone know for sure??

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

sandt wrote: »
    thanks, but does anyone know for sure??

Restore will remove everything not installed at the factory. That means contacts, music, calendar and apps.

andrewh5 wrote: »
    Restore will remove everything not installed at the factory. That means contacts, music, calendar and apps.

ok thanks, so what is the best way to back up all my contacts, apps, photos etc.....so i can just put them all back on after the restore?

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

sandt wrote: »
    ok thanks, so what is the best way to back up all my contacts, apps, photos etc.....so i can just put them all back on after the restore?

If the iphone is syncing correctly with itunes it will backup automatically. if you click Edit>Preferences>syncing you can check if it has backed up correctly.

• Advertisement

ok i dont know what happened there but i downloaded this:

http://www.digidna.net/diskaid/

ran it and suddenly itunes reconised my iphone....stange but whatever its working now...:)

thanks............

ok so this same problem is happening again, have tried reinstalling itunes but no go........any ideas??

Advertisement