Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting an Art Society

Options
  • 21-08-2008 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi,
    I'm not sure if this is really the correct place for this question but how does one go about starting a society? And as a follow question does anyone think there would be interest in an Art society? As in a weekly art class and maybe some competitions with an end of year exhibit and maybe some collaberation with photosoc? I think it could be successful but I really have no idea on how to go about setting it up. Any advise would be appreciated, thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

RIP-sanity wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm not sure if this is really the correct place for this question but how does one go about starting a society? And as a follow question does anyone think there would be interest in an Art society? As in a weekly art class and maybe some competitions with an end of year exhibit and maybe some collaberation with photosoc? I think it could be successful but I really have no idea on how to go about setting it up. Any advise would be appreciated, thanks,

There was an art soc, it would have to be revised. I remember there being a discussion on this a while back on this board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Split from Pimp My Soc

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Shantih

Hi,

There was, and still is i think, the visual arts society. They tried to get it off the ground again last year but it never really happened. They used to arrange drawing classes and were hoping to do exhibitions. It probably just needs people to take the reigns and get stuff organised. I think a few people would be interested, the art history students especially (I would know, I used to be one)

I wouldn't have time this year to help run it, but I would definitely be interested in joining.

Best of luck!

Advertisement