Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosting a flash website

Options
  • 22-08-2008 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a website designed, hosting paid for, domain is live, etc.

I can't figure out how to host it tho.

I've got a flash movie called main_flash8.fla ...I've also created a main_flash8.swf file.

Could someone point me in the right direction? eg. an example of the html file I should be using :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

The .fla file is the source file, so you shouldn't upload that

The .swf file is the one you need

If you use Adobe Flash (or whatever it's called these days) to produce the Flash it should have some kind of html wizard ... though it's years since I last looked at it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

in Macromedia / Adobe Flash export as index.html and upload that together with the exported flash movie and pauls yer aunty :)

edit: just checked there in Macromedia / Adobe Flash. From the menu and the top of the screen you go

File ---> Publish Settings --> Uncheck the use default names at the bottom of the pop up window and rename the files to index.html and index.swf in the boxes and then hit publish.

Outta curiosity how do you learn to build a flash site but not export it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

miju wrote: »
    in Macromedia / Adobe Flash export as index.html and upload that together with the exported flash movie and pauls yer aunty :)

edit: just checked there in Macromedia / Adobe Flash. From the menu and the top of the screen you go

File ---> Publish Settings --> Uncheck the use default names at the bottom of the pop up window and rename the files to index.html and index.swf in the boxes and then hit publish.

Outta curiosity how do you learn to build a flash site but not export it ?

That's great lads....thanks a mill for ye'er help. It's up and running now.

Truth be told, I bought the site as a template and then just customised it...so I didn't build it from scratch or anything!!

Sorry this is off topic...but could ye tell me how to import a jpeg photo into a flash movie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭philtaylor

also put it inside a html file using dreamweaver or similar. this will at least allow you to ad some meta tags, otherwise no one will find your flash size.

glad to help :) whats the site linky by the way

also in answer to your other question theres a couple of ways. most straight forward is on the top menu File --> Import and simply select the jpeg , gif or png file you wanna import

• Advertisement

miju wrote: »
    glad to help :) whats the site linky by the way

also in answer to your other question theres a couple of ways. most straight forward is on the top menu File --> Import and simply select the jpeg , gif or png file you wanna import

Thanks again!

Linky is www.emmacoleman.ie

The only thing thats bugging me is the white to the left and right. I was hoping to have it the same color as the beige background but didn't work out according to plan :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

You've no closing "head" or opening "body" tag! :(

Edit the HTML and just before the first <table tag, put the following:

</head>
    <body style="background-color:#AC8446">

That should sort you out.

L

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    You've no closing "head" or opening "body" tag! :(

Edit the HTML and just before the first <table tag, put the following:

</head>
    <body style="background-color:#AC8446">

That should sort you out.

L

Cheers Liam...worked a treat!

No prob.

That b/g colour is the main loading page....ideally, on the "internal" Flash "pages", you'd put the graduated background as the page background, but as long as the above is close enough for you, glad to help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭philtaylor

Just a word to the caution your about the sixth person I have seen in Ireland who has used this Template for their Spa/message business. So there is six companies now at least in Ireland with the exact same logo and website as you. Mad really. Hope you didnt pay too much money.

• Advertisement

those templates never usually cost more than $60 (about €40 ) so thats well to be expected at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

it also takes an age to load on a slower (vodafone 3g) connection....

One other point; if you want to be found on the web if someone searches for spa/massage/whatever, that site will not work for you.

Advertisement