Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

d2 nightcub-runners?

Options
  • 22-08-2008 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭

Does anyone know if it's ok to wear runners into d2? They seem pretty pretentious with their after work parties etc, not sure if they'd appreciate the runners

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Put runners on and run as far away from D2 as you can

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

if your not sure dont chance it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Kelso

Put runners on and run as far away from D2 as you can

lol, I do kind of agree, I'm not a fan of the place but going out with a group of people I haven't seen in a while so not much I can do.
    Would prefer not wear shoes but looks like I better just to be safe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Wear shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

You can get in there with runners on, but it all depends on what mood the bouncers are in so you are better not to chance it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I never wear shoes out no matter where Im going. DC's all the way.
    Converse if I feel like being classy.
    Most bouncers dont seem to mind unless you've got a tracksuit to match... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

A real bouncer may correct me, but I assume that are trainers and trainers in bouncer-land.

I'm sure a certain type of trainer on a studenty or indie type are fine.... It's the air-max types (in conjunction with a overall look) that probably set the alarm bell ringing. I've always got into places with the former on.

I doubt it's a anti-trainer rule per se, more like a door policy against a certain type of person that wears a certain type of trainer.

If you get turned away for wearing the former, it's probably just an excuse and it's not your night...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

stovelid wrote: »
    If you get turned away for wearing the former, it's probably just an excuse and it's not your night...

You hit the nail on the head there.

(real bouncer here with over 15yrs experience)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Cheers Mairt, just something I always assumed.

Good to hear that it actually happens....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

stovelid wrote: »
    Cheers Mairt, just something I always assumed.

Good to hear that it actually happens....

Sometimes you get know someone isn't right for the pub/club your working and with no other excuse to turn them away I've often said "Sorry no trainers", knowing full well I was bullsh*tting.

But a lot of guys make bad calls too and turn good people away for wearing trainers, that call comes down to common sense and experience.

• Advertisement
Advertisement