Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL availability in sutton

Options
  • 22-08-2008 7:00pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm planning on getting rid of Eircom, and hope to switch over to NTL, so I used their online checker, which said everything was available in my area, but I called the helpline, who told me that my area was not broadband enabled.

I'm just wondering if anyone has NTL in the Dublin 13/Bayside area?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Early next year you should have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

CatInABox wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if anyone has NTL in the Dublin 13/Bayside area?
    Thanks

I live in Dublin 13 close to sutton and NLT broadband.

There is a section in Sutton that has BB from UPC but Bayside currently doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

While we're talking about NTL availability, anyone know anything about Dublin 8? Harrington Street aree to be precise?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Thanks for the replies, will have to wait so.

Have just realised I put down both Sutton and Bayside, I'm closer to Bayside than Sutton, but was basing it on the Eircom exchanges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

According to UPC 2 days ago BB will be availble in 3-4 weeks in Bayside!!!!

lol

cramp

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

cramp wrote: »
    According to UPC 2 days ago BB will be availble in 3-4 weeks in Bayside!!!!

lol

cramp

Any chance of a link? Or were you speaking to them?

Thanks

CatInABox wrote: »
    Any chance of a link? Or were you speaking to them?

Thanks

I can tell you it won't be 3-4 weeks more like 6 month for Bayside and then I expect delays during construction.

no link m8 just phoned them!!

What she actually said was
    "the 1st quarter of february"
    Which i took as the 1st quarter of 2009 , when i asked this she said the same again....

well see eh!?

Just an update on this...

NTL re-re cabled(yes twice in about 8 months) our road here again (verbena)
    was talking to the installer and he says BB service is usually available 6 weeks after this cable laying, but there are 2 "stoppers" on the road..
    i.e. someone not giving permission to lay/cross cables on their property

cramp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lambchops

cramp wrote: »
    Just an update on this...

NTL re-re cabled(yes twice in about 8 months) our road here again (verbena)
    was talking to the installer and he says BB service is usually available 6 weeks after this cable laying, but there are 2 "stoppers" on the road..
    i.e. someone not giving permission to lay/cross cables on their property

cramp
    Same thing (people not giving access to their property) held up upgrading my road(in donaghmede) for about 4 months once the new cable was in it was about 6 weeks after we could get broadband.

Advertisement