Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tickets - Six nations and Guinness Series Bundled

• 22-08-2008 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭

The sale is open to members of the Irish Rugby Supporters Club. Please ensure that your membership details are up to date and that you know your login and password to access the members' website ? please contact our helpdesk on 0818 717 117 or +353 1 4092713 (outside ROI) if you need to check or change your membership details.

Guinness Series 2008The tickets will be on sale only through the members' website. To participate in the sale please login on the day and follow the ticket purchase link which will be clearly displayed.

Your attention is drawn to the terms and conditions of the ticket purchase. In particular we would draw attention to the fact that re-selling of tickets on auction sites or for above face value is a breach of the Terms & Conditions and will result in the tickets being cancelled and the offending party being expelled from the club.

Tickets will be available for members to purchase for the following games:

Ireland V New Zealand 15th November, 2008 Croke Park
    Ireland v Argentina 22nd November, 2008 Croke Park
    Ireland v France 7th February, 2009 Croke Park
    Ireland v England 28th February, 2009 Croke Park

Members who get to purchase may purchase any combination of two packages or single tickets e.g. A member may purchase 1 Premium package for New Zealand/France and 1 Stand Ticket for Argentina or any similar combination.
    Package Tickets

Premium Package New Zealand and France e220.00*

Stand Package New Zealand and France e170.00 *

Terrace Package New Zealand and France e70.00 *

*This package contains 1 ticket for New Zealand and 1 ticket for France (members may purchase a combination of any two packages or tickets from any of those on sale)

Premium Package Argentina and England e220.00**

Stand Package Argentina and England e170.00**

Terrace Package Argentina and England e70.00**

**This package contains 1 ticket for Argentina and 1 ticket for England (members may purchase a combination of any two packages or tickets from any of those on sale)
    Single Tickets

Premium New Zealand Ticket e115.00

Stand New Zealand Ticket e85.00

Stand Argentina Ticket e85.00

Premium France Ticket e125.00

Terrace France Ticket e40.00 (Limited)

Terrace England Ticket e40.00 (Limited)

Pricey but to be expected for NZ, ENG . . . . .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Tnx a mil for the heads up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Yea I felt, most people who havn't another avenue to get tickets are already part of the supporters club, not letting any great cat out of the bag I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

Im a member of the supporters club, but haven't bought tickets from them before. Can someone clarify the above for me?

It says "Members who get to purchase may purchase any combination of two packages or single tickets"

Does that mean i can buy 2 packages of the same type? i.e. 2 NZ & FRA packages.
    Or are you only allowed 1 NZ+FRA & 1 ARG+ENG together (or 1 package + 1 other ticket)?

Clarified today:
    Tickets will go on sale at 9 a.m. on Thursday, August 28th.

The ticket link will appear on screen at that time in two places:

1) A link in the left side menu of the Supporters Club Homepage e.g. when you login!

2) A Picture/Icon Link on the right side of the news articles where you currently see the FANS FORUm button

If you do not see the TICKET links at 9 a.m. DON'T PANIC - you may need to do one of the following:

1) Refresh your page - generally using CTRL/F5 will refresh the page

2) Clear your internet cache - a page will often be cached on your computer to allow it to load quicker and therefore changes to the page may not appear unless you clear the old links. This can normally be done in your Internet Options section - Clear History or Clear Cache or similar.

Our site is tested in as many browsers and operating systems as possible including Mozilla, Firefox, Internet Explorer (in all releases) but if you have an obscure and brand new version of some of the less widely used packages please be aware.

The tickets will be displayed as follows:

Combination Ticket Packages

Premium NZ/FRA
    Stand NZ/FRA
    Terrace NZ/FRA

Premium ARG/Eng
    Stand ARG/ENG
    Terrace ARG/ENG

Single Match Ticket Packages

Premium NZ
    Stand NZ

Stand ARG

Premium France
    Terrace France

Terrace England

Please note that each package will be subdivided by Cusack (upper & lower), Hogan (upper & lower) and Davin (upper & lower) with the exception of the terrace tickets. For a Croke Park seating plan click here.

Members are limited to purchasing any two items e.g. two combination packages, two single match packages or a combination package and single match package. You may purchase two for the same game or different games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

08.57 and the site seems to be down :(

An error has occured. We apologise for any inconvenience caused - a technician has been notified of this fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

yep down at the moment, this is going to be a long day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

jamieh wrote: »
    08.57 and the site seems to be down :(

An error has occured. We apologise for any inconvenience caused - a technician has been notified of this fault.

Same for me. I'd say they didn't allocate enough bandwidth for the traffic. Idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭FredBloggs

Yup - and I got up early. Thanks for posting tho - at least i know its not my pc.
    Keep on trying......

think its back

I had the ticket selection page but it died again.

• Advertisement

got to confirm payment and it dies again

It's laid out with tick boxes you select the games/ ticket type agree to some terms.

same here

Just got into the main page and then when I try to go to the supporters club it throws up the error again :mad:

it's delayed till 10

Delayed until 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

Aaarrrgggh !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

Site says they are now delaying ticket sales until 10AM due to technical fault

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

What a racket, why dont this crowd get someone to sort out their site once and for all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Site collapsed

• Advertisement

Just got in:

"Due to a temporary technical fault, we have made the decision to delay this morning's ticket sales until 10am. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience."

Thanx for that - slowly going mad here trying to get in

Well I suppose the delay is better than keeping this jazz up. I would have spent the hour hitting refresh!!!

zAbbo wrote: »
    Site collapsed

A bit like the lotto website the other nite for the raffle results for feck sake it's 2008.

maybe me hitting F5 on IE, firefox, safari and opera is helping (hey one of them has to work)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

If they're too mean to get TicketMaster or someone to do the tickets, you'd imagine the least they could do is make sure their own systems are up to scratch.

Not alone could I not get into the lotto page for the Millionaire results the other night but for a while it was down last night too.
    To be fair the last ticket sale from the IRFU was very smooth - lets hope we get tickets after all this!

jsb wrote: »
    maybe me hitting F5 on IE, firefox, safari and opera is helping (hey one of them has to work)

Must have been alt-tabbin like a mofo.
    FredBloggs wrote: »
    Not alone could I not get into the lotto page for the Millionaire results the other night but for a while it was down last night too.
    To be fair the last ticket sale from the IRFU was very smooth - lets hope we get tickets after all this!

The last ticket sale was via ticket master as far as I remember, this seems to use a new IRFU system or this php form passes info to somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Pshan

I cant see why they didn't allow members to make an expression of interest (take cc details) check demand against supply and them do a raffle if necessary. It would rule out site crashes and panic.

Yeah - The provinces use Ticketmaster...well Munster do anyway and its obviously alot more stable.

• Advertisement

Nearly half past and the site is still down!! Wonder will they have it sorted by 10 :rolleyes:

Jackz wrote: »
    Must have been alt-tabbin like a mofo.

nah 2 wide screen monitors off my comp in work so I can see them all open :D

jsb wrote: »
    nah 2 wide screen monitors off my comp in work so I can see them all open :D

*gets out of bed and goes to the office*

Well I'm in (finally) and sitting patiently.

All I'm getting is a blank screen.....not even the error message :(

hmmmm think it is time to go to the toliet now before this all kicks off again

• Advertisement

They could get rid of the poxy hotels.com adds that have to load, we are paying for a supporters membership.

And now: An error has occured. We apologise for any inconvenience caused - a technician has been notified of this fault.

ye can't see this being ready at 10 either

Lads, just get back to work, I'll give you the heads up once it's back working ;)

If you loged in earlier the sessions are not expiring, refresh http://www.irishrugby.ie/447_12789.php for the ticket page.

Lads, just get back to work, I'll give you the heads up once it's back working ;)

It would be unpossible for any of us to get back to work. :p

• Advertisement

Anybody get on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

anyone else expecting the next message to be:
    "due to a 'temporary' technical fault, the sale is being postponed until tomorrow/next week" :rolleyes:

Can't see this being ready any time soon, interest must be huge

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭fugee

back to 11 now

It seems to be just a pants server that can't handle the performance requirement of serving so many requests.

Due to a temporary technical fault, we have made the decision to delay this morning's ticket sales until 11am. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience.

Due to a temporary technical fault, we have made the decision to delay this morning's ticket sales until 11am. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience.

Stand-by for a bunch of questions on the unix forum.

Nearly half past and the site is still down!! Doubt they'll have they have it sorted by 10 :rolleyes:

Delayed till 11....Surprise Surprise :rolleyes:

Tickets will be mysteriously sold out by 11! :D

Basically I was getting response timeouts, so they probably can't handle a huge amount of concurrent sessions, not sure if they can fix that now, more bandwidth won't help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement