Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tickets - Six nations and Guinness Series Bundled

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 RoxysMom

I got one confirmation from Sec Pay saying all ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

zAbbo wrote: »
    Is there anyone who ordered successfully?

(apart from me ;))

well I was the first one to get tickets here so yep I have the 2 mails and a copy of the comfirmation page as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

jsb wrote: »
    well I was the first one to get tickets here so yep I have the 2 mails and a copy of the comfirmation page as well

My order went through - 2 mails and confirmation page...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Oh and for the record Opera browser FTW. It was the first browser of the 4 that I was using to get through both at 9 when I nearly had them fully ordered and at 11 when I did get them ordered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Latest News

Supporters Club Ticket Sale Suspended
    28 August 2008
    12:24 pm
    28 August 2008, 12:24 pm
    By Editor
    Due to technical issues beyond our control we have been forced to suspend the sale of tickets on IrishRugby.ie to Supporters Club members.

We have received a number of queries in regard to purchases that have already been made and we will be answering all of those queries over the next 24 hours. All competed orders will be confirmed by e-mail and any overpayments that may have occurred will be refunded prior to any further sale. We ask for your patience and we will reply directly to all members as soon as we can.
    All completed purchases will be confirmed via email to members.

If an overpayment has occurred the member will be refunded direct to their card.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

A new date for the rest of the sale will be announced once the process above is complete and the system is restored.

We would like to apologise to all of our members for the problems on the site this morning. The technical issues were beyond the control of the Irish Rugby Football Union and we feel it is in the best interest of our members and rugby fans to ensure that all of these issues are fully resolved before we resume the sale.

I received all the confirmation mails and booking numbers this morning- I presume that the latest update means I am to receive another confirmation mail confirming the sale went through??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Why can't they just do like most clubs (and Leinster) and let anyone who wants tickets submit their order during a 1/2 week window and then hold a ballot. Why go to hassle and expense of setting up this sh!te and paying external vendors who quite obviously cannot deal with these kind of numbers.

Its not fooking rocket science....

Did anyone hear from joewicklow - he was heading up to Lansdowne during his lunch break:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭AlisonB

All,

I spoke to the IRFU on the phone there. Any transactions that have gone through are valid. Any additional money that was paid will be refunded.

They are going through each case individually.

The way i look at it. If you have paid money you're in luck. If you haven't, you may wait until they release the tickets at a later date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

AlisonB wrote: »
    All,

I spoke to the IRFU on the phone there. Any transactions that have gone through are valid. Any additional money that was paid will be refunded.

The way i look at it. If you have paid money you're in luck. If you haven't, you may wait until they release the tickets at a later date.

:mad: All I needed was another 2 mins! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭waster81

hi any word on what packages are still for sale?

AlisonB wrote: »
    All,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Pshan

jackbhoy wrote: »
    Why can't they just do like most clubs (and Leinster) and let anyone who wants tickets submit their order during a 1/2 week window and then hold a ballot. Why go to hassle and expense of setting up this sh!te and paying external vendors who quite obviously cannot deal with these kind of numbers.

Its not fooking rocket science....

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Pshan wrote: »
    +1

+2

I have been suggesting a change to a ballot for the last couple of years

not only does it avoid stressful hours like today but it alsoi solves the problem for those who just cannot be at a PC with broadband at a particular time and place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

D.S. wrote: »
    My order went through - 2 mails and confirmation page...
    myself and my mate both got the 2 emails, a confirmation page and order number for our tickets. so i hope that means were sorted.

total shambles tbh, god knows how long itll take to sort out all those who were overcharged etc.

incidentally, no sign of the 340 euro payment on my online banking yet

I didnt receive any deduction on my online banking either. They may not have processed their side of the payment sequence yet!!! I hate this waiting game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭FredBloggs

I got an email from the payments crowd but not from the IRFU. I assume that means I'm successful.
    BTW last years went very smoothly and everyone was praising them - tho' a ballot would imho be better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I'm just after getting the confirmation email from the IRFU for my tickets. Still a complete joke the way the whole thing was handled. Ah well, best of luck to everyone else who is waiting on confirmation. I'm looking forward to seeing us play (and beat......) the All Blacks now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭FredBloggs

Just got a confirmation email from the IRFU. Happy days - but 5 hours after I placed the order :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

So after 7 secpay confirmations I got my email from the IRFU - for Arg/Eng despite what the description said.

As much grief as this will get I can't agree with people wanting a ballot for the broadband reason. I mean, tickets for pretty much any major event are now sold online, on a first come, first served basis.

The server/broadband/third party issue though, complete w@nk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

No confirmation e-mail but BC from Irish Rugby e-mailed me to say If i had the payment confirmation I would likely get it eventually. Colm did you click the very first box is that the line that was wrong for FRANCE/NZ ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

Jackz wrote: »
    No confirmation e-mail but BC from Irish Rugby e-mailed me to say If i had the payment confirmation I would likely get it eventually. Colm did you click the very first box is that the line that was wrong for FRANCE/NZ ?

Jackz,

The heading read something like "Package Stand Argenina & England" but the description said "New Zealand & France" just funny because someone had made such an obvious copy and paste error. I want the Arg/Eng games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Anybody that hit refresh on the error page after handing over your details your screwed if you paid by your laser card like me. 12 secpay emails so well do the math on the single tickets. My rent is due tomorrow. the irfu own my money at the moment. Glad i only went with 2, 1 day match tickets. Still to be minus €2136 hurts a wee bit.

Today has being a bad day. When the f*ck do i get this money back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Got two tickets in Hogan for NZ eventually, am happy. A friend got 2 for France which he can't use which he'll sell me too :)

Stressful morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

cabrwab wrote: »
    Anybody that hit refresh on the error page after handing over your details your screwed if you paid by your laser card like me. 12 secpay emails so well do the math on the single tickets. My rent is due tomorrow. the irfu own my money at the moment. Glad i only went with 2, 1 day match tickets. Still to be minus €2136 hurts a wee bit.

Today has being a bad day. When the f*ck do i get this money back!
    An IRFU credit note for €2136 will be winging it's way to you ;)

If not ive 22 irl v all blacks tickets for sale! Ill be the guy nobody is sitting around i dont smell honestly! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Halleluia! Got my 2 packages for NZ France in the end. :) WTF though, heads should roll.
    Luckily I paid by credit card.

Got two tickets for the All blacks and France. Charged twice obviously. Kinda gutted I didnt get all the games but something is better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Gautama

Anybody listening to The Last Word around six or half-past this evening?
    Between this and ohter information, I read into it as follows:

The problem was with PayPoint, not the IRFU.

You can disregard any PayPoint e-mails. Some people have received many of these and they don't actually contain any ticket information whatsoever:
    Please view this with a fixed-width font.

Date Name Amount Curr Type Status

----

xxxxx

Order : xxxxx

Addresses
    Shipping Billing

xxxxxx

Given the difficulties, these e-mails mean nothing.

If you were successful you will receive an e-mail from the IRFU.

If you did not receive an e-mail from the IRFU by tomorrow evening, then you were not successful.

The IRFU e-mail reads:
    Thank you for your order.

Your order reference is xxxxx.

Your card details have been successfully processed and your order is now confirmed.

Your order information appears below. If you have any questions about your order, please contact us using the relevant email address as listed below quoting your reference number.

ORDER DETAILS

1x Stand Package New Zealand and France – 170 euros - Hogan Upper
    1x Stand Package Argentina and England – 170 euros - Hogan Upper

TOTAL: 348.00

Please Note
    Tickets for New Zealand and Argentina games in the Guinness Series will be posted on October 27th, 2008.

Tickets for France and England in the RBS 6 Nations will be posted on January 19th, 2009

Tickets will be revoked and membership cancelled if tickets appear on auction websites or there are any reports of touting tickets or if any of the IRFU ticket terms and conditions are breached; which are available to view on www.irishrugby.ie

We do not post tickets to any address outside Europe, please contact the ticket office on the below email address to make alternative arrangements.

If you have any questions about your order, please contact us at ticketqueries@irishrugby.ie quoting your reference number.

That's my reading of it all. It's pretty definitive. But I may be wrong.

PS, in term of timing, I bought my tickets around 11:30, got first PayPoint e-mail around 11:45, got IRFU confirmation around 15:15.
    Used Credit Card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Gautama

Tickets (NZ, England) are available on ebay already, €500 per pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

Not sure if anyone tried this one but I was just in NZ and was able to pick up Ireland V AB's tickets by just walking into a Rebel Sports store...

Surely it's possible to buy them from an NZ outlet as all tickets over there go through the ticket master equivelant

Well still everyone that didn't get tickets or got confirmation email off secpay needs to check because you are being charged at the moment!

And when i was on giving out to the IRFU earlier they didn't say anything along these lines, but said tickets are not near a sell out yet. And the IRFU have a great reputation for catching the ticket touts so i hope they get the 500euro ticket selling prick!

If i didn't get tickets i will be piss*d as my bank account has pretty much Sweet FA money in it at the moment due to an error which told me to refresh a page.

Im confident i will get money back but i still have not received a confirmation email that i have gotten tickets. but they are going through each order individually so hence the reason the gaps between some people getting ticket confirmation 4/5hrs apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Managed to get 2 Premium Packages for Eng\Arg and 2 Stand Packages for NZ\France.

Wicked rigmarole...was charged 4 times for the NZ\France packages...disaster :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sl05

Hi

Im still waiting for a confirmation from the IRFU (have the secpay confirmation only, x2) are people still getting confirmations this late in the night? or will I have to wait till morning (if i get one at all) God the ticket system is a complete shambles, very amateur!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Wow 1:48 AM:

Your card details have been successfully processed and your order is now confirmed.

1x Premium Package New Zealand and France – 220 euros - Cusack Premium
    1x Terrace England Ticket – 40 euros - Hill 16

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

They must have been busy at that time...I got mine at 1.50am!! :)

Got my ticket confirmation at 1.50am. Still being charged 11more times though!

Must have being a late night in IRFU headquarters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

I got mine at 1:49, looks like a lot of money has been allocated but not taken of of my credit card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Just got another confirmation email from the irfu along with 3 refunds...so looks like we're out of the woods lads!

Pity there is no jumping around like a lunatic smiley! Got my emails telling me ive a refund so phew! however my dads heart is broke, he was hoping for a ticket.

Just wondering can members who bought tickets yesterday buy tickets again? Keep the pops happy!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭JWAD

The successful/completed purchases are done and those tickets are now taken.

Regarding the rest of the tickets, those duplicate purchases will be put back into stock (along with any unsold tickets) and re-sold again on tuesday morning at 10am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Any idea, how many tickets are left.

Any idea why the supporters forum is not accessible??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Probably easier that way, considering the rabble rabble, you only have to look at some of the posts here - to see how irate folk were getting.

Database was corrupted. Being worked on over weekend and is hopefully up again tomorrow or monday. Other Sotic forums were also down during outage too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Shelflife

i joined 2 years ago for the initial croker games and they made a balls of that as well, told us we would have to answer security questions and then didnt have any security questions on the day total farce.

as regards the forum ---- thats a joke all the posts are vetted and censored which is crazy. on a hot topic it can be 2 days to get a simple reply to a question and the moderators hate any critics.

didnt bother renewing membership.

Shelflife wrote: »
    i joined 2 years ago for the initial croker games and they made a balls of that as well, told us we would have to answer security questions and then didnt have any security questions on the day total farce
    That sale went through Ticketmaster. Last year's went very smoothly.
    as regards the forum ---- thats a joke all the posts are vetted and censored which is crazy. on a hot topic it can be 2 days to get a simple reply to a question and the moderators hate any critics.
    didnt bother renewing membership.
    The last time a forum was up on the website, it descended to the worst type of sectarian dross you can imagine and had to be scrapped. We don't want this to happen again. See any thread here that involves certain inter-provincial rivalries, for example. The posts aren't censored. Just filtered so the rubbish that I described doesn't resurface.
    I'm one of those people/mods (Justind) who run that forum and it is checked regularly through the day and by at least one of us during the evenings and weekends.
    There's plenty of criticism up on it actually (the RWC or Eddie O's resignation were very busy times indeed!). We do tend to channel a singular subject into one thread rather than have loads of repeated though. This is purely to make it possible for other threads to stay on front page so all can read them.
    The ticket section of the forum is left open so that urgent ticket comms can get posted right away. We have been talking about opening up the others and I will bring this subject up shortly with my colleagues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Filtered / Censored are the same thing,

if someone crosses the line then ban them for a period of time or altogether like they do here. the differerence here is that this is a public forum and the irfu one is private so in theory it should be easier to moderate.

justin this isnt a personal attack on the moderators but i just dont like the forum format.

the sales team let down the fans 2 years ago and again this year thats a lot of let down when youre paying for the privilage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭decies

Thought the whole process was a complete shambles,even the way the packages were divided out,after many messages you cant order those packages ,then when finally i had a legal combination and premium seats ,press confirm then error message!!At 11.50am i finally got this

Package: Stand Package New Zealand and France - 170 euros
    Stand: Davin Upper
    Quantity: 1
    Price: 170 euros

Package: Premium New Zealand Ticket - 115 euros
    Stand: Cusack Premium
    Quantity: 1
    Price: 115 euros

Grand i got tickets i will be in cusack for nz and mate will be in upper davin :rolleyes:

Could not a ballot have taken place for simple packages,you take two tickets in same stand nz or 2 tickets same stand france,etc.
    I mean how complicated can it be:(

Filtered / Censored are the same thing

I can honestly say I've deleted two posts because of their tone (they were abusive posts to another poster) and both posters were contacted with the reason why.
    Points-of-view are not censored by myself or Barry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement