Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STIs and sex education

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

carolmon wrote: »
    Great to see doctor/ patient confidentiality alive and kicking.......

Well, to be fair its a pretty exceptional scenario, the doc didnt tell me the specifics, she just told me what i posted earlier in the thread. I really wouldn't see that as a breach of confidentiality to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

I don't know how it works in Ireland, but in America you can tell about experiences with patients as long as you don't give names or identifying details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

It would be much the same in Ireland also.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

In primary or secondary school we never got any sex ed. bar the chapter in junior cert science :P lol I know in some other local schools they did, and that in some of the mixed schools, the boys were brought somewhere else and the girls were told all about that time of the month (this was in primary school sometime)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Oh from what i remember at least one girl in our year was already knocked up by the time we got the talk in religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭john_aero

trio wrote: »
    But it boggled my mind. I've never in my life met a guy that had that reaction from condoms. To this day I don't know if it was a physiological reaction to the feel of them or if he just hated the things with a passion and wanted to see if I'd give in.

i used have similar problem, putting them on was a turn off and i ended up from then on every time i saw condom that thats it sex is going to work as i cant use them right.

heard of good few people who have problem with them and loose feeling with them on

just need patience and re assurance,

but as for your particular instance he should have asked you help him along with his problem and not bang on about how doesnt want to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭john_aero

as for the STI clinics, you can go in, give any false name etc you want as they say you can go by any name you like to make sure your info is kept confidential. then you get a number, when you call back you tell them the nnumber and they give you your results. no requirement for phne numbers, names and adresses if you prefer not too. but i still gave mine as anted any results to go to my doc as its good to keep record

Advertisement