Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Link to Bike on ebay, is it any good?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

I'll leave the racing experts to get stuck in but the short answer is don't go near it.

The crank (aka Racing Style pedal arm) looks like it cost 50c to make and the rear derailleur looks god awful and the branding on the derailleur looks seriously counterfeit.

Get a 10ft barge pole and make sure you can't touch this bike with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

Haha.. thanks for that stuf.

I haven't got a clue about bikes at all.

Other than Little Sport in fairview, is there any advice on where to buy a secondhand lightweight road bike?

all advice is welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

What Stuf said, don't go near it.

What is your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

LBS (Local Bike Shop) I would think should be your first port of call and don't buy for a few weeks till you've done the research and you know what you want. That way its much more satisfying when you get something you enjoy instead of being stuck with a POS (Piece of ....) for ages till you can justify upgrading.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Bad idea to buy any of these bikes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

Raam wrote: »
    What Stuf said, don't go near it.

What is your budget?

Well I'd like to spend about 300euro, not much more. I'm hoping to find an ok secondhand light one.

Think it's possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Yeh, I was in the exact same position as you and bought a similar bike (except with disc brakes :D ).

I kinda regret not going second hand, you'd get much better quality! I do still love mine, but it hasn't been riding in (honestly) about a year due to a taxi cutting me off.. Just need a new cassette and I'll be rolling on it again!

I reckon scout any websites/Buy&Sell's you can find and see if you find a nice deal 2nd hand!

Has to be said tho, who ever won that auction got a steal (until shipping!)..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

£117 sterling is a steal alright.....

Advertisement