Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spurs v sunderland mactch thread

Options
  • 22-08-2008 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Just hope we can turn things around tomorrow. think it will be 2-0 to the spurs. hope the team to be
    Gomes
    Gunter Woodgate King Bale
    Huddlestone
    Bently Jenas Modric Gio
    Bent

Is there any place in cork city showing the game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Agree mostly with your team selection, the thing is we look weak upfront but thats all we have to choose from at the moment presuming berbs doesn't start again.if we had that team with keane and berbs upfront we would mean serious biz. we can only hope that the two that are picked can get the goals. 2-1 for the spurs. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I honestly don't care about the formation as long as it wins. We simply cannot afford to slip up in this game - 3 points and a solid performance, otherwise it's last season all over again. I don't think it's going to be easy either.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭One-Day-Juande

Is there anywhere thats showing the game? Or am I just stuck with BBC livescore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭opeldave

Is there anywhere thats showing the game? Or am I just stuck with BBC livescore?

Or is it available online somewhere?
    I hope we stuff Sunderland big time:D

Berbatov dropped of the panel, ramos said his head isin't right for this game,mmm i wonder is there more to this.

• Advertisement

:mad: I'm speechless.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I'm fcuking raging :mad:

Two games in and Nil Points against the mighty Boro and Sunderland.

Challenging for top four my arse. At this rate we'll be lucky to stay out of the bottom four come next May.

Next up is an easy one though. It's only Chelski away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Blue 84

What a load of ****ing cock. :mad: Even the most ardent supporters of Jenas will have to admit he was absolutely appalling today, goal aside. As with last season that's the league campaign bolloxed 2 games in. A big week coming up, need Commolli and Levy to work a minor miracle before the transfer window shuts.

Oh look, I see we're away to Chelsea next.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Huddlestone was very poor today too.

We had absolutely no attacking edge, relying on Modric and Jenas to go forward.

It's just sh1t...very disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

What can I say, another crap performance.
    Another questionable team selection. Why do we sign players like Gunter, when we quite simply refuse every chance we have to blood him and give him his chance. Gunter is a right full, and back up to Hutton, but once again we play a central midfielder at right full, must make gunter feel great !!
    How many times was there a gaping gap when Sunderland broke, the space which should be filled by a defensive midfielder, who should be zokora.

As I have said ,Jenas and Modric will not work, zokora is the only defensive midfielder we have, so he needs to be used there.

We have failed to strengthen in the relevant areas, ie Centre Half, Defensive Midfielder, and a striker following the departure of Defoe, Keane and the shambles of a situation we have with Berbatov.

Some of you may say it is to early for this rant, but Im far from happy. Nil points from 2 games against mediocre teams is crap.

There is serious pressure on our management team as far as im concerned after an abysmal start to the season. Worrying times.

• Advertisement

We spent loads of dosh and somehow managed to weaken the team, unbelievable,fcuk it's going to be another long hard season for us.ffs get some strikers quick.:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

Echo the previous sentiments.

For a team blessed with such healthy investment we really have spent poorly AND in the wrong areas.

Who could possibly look at our team last season and say "We need Modric" "We need Dos Santos"??

The mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

IanCurtis wrote: »
    Huddlestone was very poor today too.

His passing was very poor BUT...

Him being introduced did allow Jenas and Modric to push up and support Bent, which helped produce the only period where we looked dangerous during the game.

Worst I have seen from Spurs in the flesh (80+ competitive fixtures), completely disjointed. BAE was poor again, Jenas was absolutely no where, Bent was given sh1t service (particularly in the 1st half)

I'm baffled by some of Ramos' decisions today, leaving Gio on the bench with Lennon on the park and the full back selection started me off. Worse was the introduction of Gio on the right with Bentley on the left, head was scratched a lot after that.

There were a whole lot of pissed off Spurs on the last flight out of Stansted this evening.

Now I have to go to fcuking work...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

oh dear.

who is going to win the premiership this year?
    i now supposrt them.

i cant go through another year of so much promise only to have my heart broken yet again.
    if spurs were a woman, id be serving divorce papers at this point.

If Spurs were a woman...

I think that has the makings of a classic thread.

I think she'd be a stunner and you'd get on really well with her. But... she'd never put out and just leave you constantly sexually frustrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭j.griff

HI THERE GUYS
    I'M A SPURS FAN MYSELF AND GUTTED.......

I DO THINK GOMEZ SEEMS TO BE OUT TOO FAR OFF HIS LINE
    ALOT I NOTICE THIS LAST WEEK AND FOR THE SECOND GOAL
    YESTERDAY, ANYBODY SHARE THE SAME VIEWS?
    BTW DON'T GET WRONG GOMEZ IS NOT THE REASON WE LOST
    WE ARE LACKING FIREPOWER UP FRONT .......
    AND I JUST READ IN THE PAPER THIS MORNING MAN UTD OFFERED
    SPURS 25 MIL FOR BERBA TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT. I THINK WE SHOULD TAKE
    IT, MAYBE LEVY WAS HOLDING OUT TOO LONG...

Proves conclusively that football > birds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

to be honest all this "promise" we showed i dont think ever really existed. We sold one of our better players and didnt strengthen where we needed.

get rid of berbatov, id take 10m at this stage. want him gone if he's going.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Pre-season = courtship
    Season 08-09 = marriage

What you see during courtship isn't always what you get in marriage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

having had 24hrs to dwell on the result...
    Bent has never and will never be good enough. Levy and Comolli are an embaressment to be in the situation with 7 days left in the transfer window and we have 1 stiker, who was 4th choice last season. Berbatov is gone no doubt, but we still havent replaced Defoe, nevermind keane and berbatov... its shocking its got to this stage...
    We are becoming a joke.. freaked. Huntelaar should be brought in, with arshavin and corluka (man city?) But this isnt even addressing the winner in the middle of the park situation :( I trust Ramos andwill give him the time his record deserves but comolli and levy are the ones selling the players without replacing them.... oh yeah and the ones paying 16m for a player like bent?!?!

Role on chelsea... we'll beat them 2-1:)
    COYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Bent is quality (not 16mil quality...) but he's hardly suited for the role, especially when he's constantly fed the wrong type of ball... badly. Just a shocking display, awful football. There was I thinking that Sunderland would be a great fixture for my first time at the lane in years. F*cking depressing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

sorry mate cant agree with that, bent is not quality imho. if he doesnt suit the way we play he's at the wrong club, with the players we have we shouldnt adapt our style to suit a player of his 'quality'?
    Huntelaar, Veloso, arshavin and corluka would do nicely ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

When you pay 16mil for one of the prems top scorers from a club like Charlton, you should at least try to give him the right service... Well, any service at all would be a start. I don't think lobbing the ball in his general direction while he has 2 man markers is really going to produce much from the lad. He's a proven goalscorer. We're playing him wrong. Of course he hasn't shone when for a season we kept him on the bench.
    Coming to us was probably the worst move of his career. Us spunking 16 mil on him is another matter altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'm absolutely sickened with this result, and sickened with the way our pre-season optimism has been utterly dismantled in two weeks by the club and the players. I cannot believe that Sunderland, a team who will be very happy to finish around 10th this season, beat us at home, with a gutless performance by us.

We've scored 14 points in 14 games, including the end of last season. That's most definitely relegation form. Something needs to happen, and just throwing players here and there isn't it - we need the right players.

I cannot understand how a player like Kompany, who got a man of the match award yesterday for City, wasn't even considered by Spurs. He would have been perfect. At the moment we are the laughing stock of the PL, and I'm gutted by it.

And for the record, Berbatov is a grade A twat, and I can't wait to see the back of him.

SuprSi wrote: »
    I cannot understand how a player like Kompany, who got a man of the match award yesterday for City, wasn't even considered by Spurs. He would have been perfect.

He was looked at, but apparently his fitness is suspect (funny how King gets to play on, but then that's only as long as he gets to stay inside the M25...:rolleyes:)

Advertisement