Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restricted gun dealers

Options
  • 22-08-2008 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭

Folks,
    Whats the exact lowdown on the pre conditions to be a regd restricted gun dealer?And has this become law yet??
    Regds
    Grizz.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

I think its the same as the restricted list - all up in the air at the moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Ned Muldhoon

Not really up the in air (but still a bit hazy). From the 1st of this month the restricted dealer's bit of the act was enacted. What exactly that means (except costing another 405 Euro) I am not sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

You must be a reg'd dealer for 3 years before you can apply for the restricted licence.
    As for the difference between the two I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Not really up the in air (but still a bit hazy). From the 1st of this month the restricted dealer's bit of the act was enacted. What exactly that means (except costing another 405 Euro) I am not sure

405 on top of what can I ask?
    Curious, I know it's off topic, but I don't want to start a new thread just to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,356 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

foxhunter wrote: »
    You must be a reg'd dealer for 3 years before you can apply for the restricted licence.
    As for the difference between the two I don't know.
    Surely the difference is thata restricted dealer can sell restricted firearms and ammo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Ned Muldhoon

405 Euro on top of the 350 (or there abouts - can't remember)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

Mellor is spot on - only a dealer authorised to deal in restricted firearms and ammunition can sell them. This came in on 1 May but three months were allowed for dealers to get rid of what they had if they weren't applying so it's really kicked in from 1 August for all practical intents. It's €340 to be a registered firearms dealer for three years. An additional €405 to deal in restricted, again for three years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

Mellor wrote: »
    Surely the difference is thata restricted dealer can sell restricted firearms and ammo

You picked me up wrong I meant I didn't know the difference between the security arrangements required between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Seems the letters informing dealers they have to have all their restricted kit gone, have been sent out. Which I'm guessing means that the restricted list now has to be in force...

Advertisement