Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the "who am I" sticky...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭fluffyVW

So well I suppose I'll post too!!!

I'm Aishling, I'm 18 and about 2 years ago I was doing a Multimedia course in Athlone that included the introduction to Photography which got me so interested in it!!!
    I was never really any good in school so Photography is now something that I really love and hope to do more with than just a hobby.

I have been taking pictures since about 2006 of everything and anything with an Olympus and then a Canon Powershot.

I have now upgraded to my first DSLR a Nikon D80!!! And love it so much!!!

At the moment I'm doing a Photography Course in Longford which is brilliant and can't wait to start taking more photos and upload them here!!!

I'm more active on my DeviantArt page here
    And you can find over 300 photos on my gallery there.

But I also have a flickr page here and my photostream here

I'm always happy to have new contacts or watchers so feel free to add me!!! ;)

So yeah!!! Think thats it!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Right, I'm Karen, 22, just finished a masters in Art History and so am pretty interested in the visual arts.

Been taking photos since I was 15 or 16, bought a Canon 400D last year, not to shabby to start off with digital considering I'm a poor student. Looking forward to getting some new lenses this year.

Used to love gig photography and I've gone off it a bit now, like taking pics of people and cities, oh and night shots too.

Here's me in cheesy mirror shot:

2641596129_b99b400da2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Right, I'm Karen, 22, just finished a masters in Art History and so am pretty interested in the visual arts.

Been taking photos since I was 15 or 16, bought a Canon 400D last year, not to shabby to start off with digital considering I'm a poor student. Looking forward to getting some new lenses this year.

Used to love gig photography and I've gone off it a bit now, like taking pics of people and cities, oh and night shots too.

Here's me in cheesy mirror shot:

2641596129_b99b400da2.jpg

Cheesily brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Typical wimmins, have all mirrors pointing so they can check how they look :pac: :D

400D aint too shabby indeed! :) I find it fairly handy alright. Got a flickr, snickerpuss?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Got a flickr, snickerpuss?

The photo's a link

• Advertisement

John wrote: »
    The photo's a link

So it is, Doh. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

I'm in bed sick and my wireless is working again so i suppose I have no excuse anymore :rolleyes:

I'm Sinéad, 35, two kids, full time student (2nd year multimedia HND as and from tomorrow :) ). I started taking 'proper' photos about 3 years ago after finding an ancient 35mm Cosina camera in my mate's attic. Within a week I was hooked. Realised I was too poor to learn with film so I took the plunge April 2007 and got a 350D. Various lenses followed, and a penchant for gig photgraphy amongst other things.

I decided to go for the hons degree in multimedia and photography next year and have been asked to do a few weddings so have been trying to up my game a bit recently. Been working on portraits and promo shots (and getting paid! YAY!) for my portfolio and am sitting on the FEDEX tracking site as we speak watching the status of my lovely new 5D on its merry way (due before 12 tomorrow apparently :D:D). I also want to get back to my beloved film camera, planing to do some IR and B&W darkroom stuff for the first time in the next few months.

So dere.

Edit: cue cheesy mirrorshot..

2277564558_bcb8cfa9f8.jpg

All you kids with your fancy arty degrees! *Jealous*

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭labbad

TelePaul wrote: »
    All you kids with your fancy arty degrees! *Jealous*
    :confused:Hold on now TelePaul I'm starting as well on Tuesday and I'm no kid (God be with the days) I'm starting Psychology to see if I can better understand Photographers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Douglasbray

Saw some of the Boards.ie people's pics at the Peoples Photography exhhibition on the Green last weekend and was impressed.

Me: I've been interested in photography since 2006 and joined Bray Camera Club at that stage. Having seen the black & white work of some of the club members, fell in love with film and have amassed a number of film cameras - 35 mm & 120 - since then. Have set up a darkroom in the house so that I can do my own processing and printing, but also use a D200 for digital. Also turned a room in the house into a camera obscura which is easier to do than I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Also turned a room in the house into a camera obscura which is easier to do than I thought.

Ooo! You have to post about that! I had an accidental one in my bedroom when I was a kid...

labbad wrote: »
    :confused:Hold on now TelePaul I'm starting as well on Tuesday and I'm no kid (God be with the days) I'm starting Psychology to see if I can better understand Photographers :D

Best of luck with it man!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

zippy84 wrote: »
    Could anyone confirm this: As is my newbiness, to embed a photo on a post (rather than attaching as I have done), I first have to create an album within the CP. And I can't create an album until I have 25 posts? Is this right?

If you host the image somewhere like imageshack and copy the url into tags like this[noparse]url_here[/noparse] the image will then be displayed in the post, more details in my signature. You can't create an album or a signature until you hit the 25 post mark it's an anti-spammer thing, it won't take long :)

I'm contemplating buying one of those 450's myself now :)

C'est moi.. couldn't have been bothered posting a pic when i posted about myself :D

2831230045_c9318cf81a.jpg

Note; This is a result of extreme boredom as of about 10 mins ago.

C'est moi.. couldn't have been bothered posting a pic when i posted about myself :D

2831230045_c9318cf81a.jpg

Note; This is a result of extreme boredom as of about 10 mins ago.

Lookin sharp dude!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 OVP

My name is Oksana. I am 33. I've been living in Dublin for 8 years, originally from Ukraine. I am a web designer...
    My dad tought me to take photos when I was around 8 years old, I think. Also, to do all processing and printing.
    I got interested in photography a lot a couple of years ago.
    At the moment i have only Canon G9. Happy with it, but thinking about a new "proper" camera.
    2501669504_ef1d41cef3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Self_Potrait_1_by_superflyninja.jpg

This is me ins a faux arty pose! ( I got sick of looking at all these emo kids pics on deviantart...if ya cant beat em then take the piss out of em)

I like pretty much any type of photography...I wind up mostly doing landscapes,urban shots etc...Id love to try a shoot with a willing model though.bloody impossible to find...ideally id love to do conceptual shots but finding the time....

• Subscribers Posts: 688 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

I'm contemplating buying one of those 450's myself now :)

You should! I only have mine a week and we're gettin on like a house on fire, here's where I got mine:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110279861005&ssPageName=STRK:MERFB:IID

Good kit deal, the seller had mixed reviews but I had no probs.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭emul

My name is Eoin Mulligan, 39 living in East Cork. Just taken up photography after a 20 year break. My Flickr is here http://www.flickr.com/irishmul. I am starting a course in October in Shannagary Studios so may see a boardsie there. I have an Olympus E-510, 14-42 and 40-150mm lenses. An ebay flash, ebay release cable and an aldi tripod :)

emul wrote: »
    My name is Eoin Mulligan, 39 living in East Cork. Just taken up photography after a 20 year break. My Flickr is here http://www.flickr.com/irishmul. I am starting a course in October in Shannagary Studios so may see a boardsie there. I have an Olympus E-510, 14-42 and 40-150mm lenses. An ebay flash, ebay release cable and an aldi tripod :)
    ah....I have an e410. where di dyou get the 40-150mm? and more importantly was it expensive. Ive seen a very large telephoto that would fit in dublin for 200 smackers.cant remember the mm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭cooligPhoto

Name is Nigel. Originally from Bristol but moved here 3 years ago (after working here for a few years - I know Dublin and Bristol airports inside out). Living in (very) rural Kildare.

Started photography about 30 years ago with a Zenit. Fully manual (auto? what's that?). Progressed onto Prakticas. Set up a darkroom as processing/printing was far too expensive. Got a Minolta 7xi in the 90s and then stopped taking photos when I started working over here.

Finally went digital last year with a D80. Actually started earning money this year which paid for the D80 and my D2X which I acquired from ebay recently.

My daughter had a studio set done in Bristol for her 18th birthday and the photos were crap so I went out and bought some studio lights and backgrounds and have done a couple of shoots for her (and printed calendars of them).

My main interest is in wildlife - garden birds mostly. Living near Donadea forest park gives me great opportunities. Also out in the middle of nowhere means a lot of birds visit my feeders so even more opportunity.

Just venturing into sports photography - went to Croke Park for Kerry v Cork replay and plan to go to RDS for Leinster Rugby tomorrow. Used to go to Brands Hatch at least once a year with camera.

Will take camera everywhere - much to the wife's dislike. She goes to choir, I take photos: equal trade-off me thinks.

Also travel a lot in Ireland (and a fair bit overseas) so lots of different locations in my portfolio.

Am full time in IT: reminds me, I'm at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I'm morrisseeee, see my sig.
    I've just gotten into D-SLR photography, its becomming quite a habbit, almost taking over from TV & Golf ! I have an Olympus E510, Centon 50mm f1.4, Zuiko 14-42mm, Zuiko 40-150mm, Pentax 100-300mm, tripod & bag.
    I like taking all sorts of photos. I'm currently testing the E510 to see what can be achieved...or what I can achieve, doh !
    My ambition: take as many good/interesting photos between now and the Pearly gates :)
    where di dyou get the 40-150mm? and more importantly was it expensive
    I actually have the older 40-150mm lens, ie. the faster model. I think the newer one isn't too expensive if you shop around.
    Conns in Dublin have it for €150 : http://www.connscameras.com/flat_areaEQLproductsAMPCategoryIDEQL9447_entry.html

I'm morrisseeee, see my sig.
    I've just gotten into D-SLR photography, its becomming quite a habbit, almost taking over from TV & Golf ! I have an Olympus E510, Centon 50mm f1.4, Zuiko 14-42mm, Zuiko 40-150mm, Pentax 100-300mm, tripod & bag.
    I like taking all sorts of photos. I'm currently testing the E510 to see what can be achieved...or what I can achieve, doh !
    My ambition: take as many good/interesting photos between now and the Pearly gates :)

I actually have the older 40-150mm lens, ie. the faster model. I think the newer one isn't too expensive if you shop around.
    Conns in Dublin have it for €150 : http://www.connscameras.com/flat_areaEQLproductsAMPCategoryIDEQL9447_entry.html
    excellent thanks. what kind of zoom do you get though? Im not that offay with the mm side of things....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

what kind of zoom do you get though?

See review of my older lens here @ http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/43/zd-040-150.html

The newer one is similar.

See review of my older lens here @ http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/43/zd-040-150.html

The newer one is similar.

excellent thanks a mill!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Rojo

Don't you know who I am?!

Well, if you don't... haha... I'm Ronan Johns - just out of my teens, which was a frightening prospect at the time. Study photography in DIT, Temple Bar and I'm going into second year very soon. I'm looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭dakar

I'm Darren from Sligo.

Got my first camera (not counting 'borrowing' my Dad's) aged about 12, progressed to Practica SLR aged about 16. I was into B/w and manual processing for a while and then gradually lost interest.

Got back into film SLR with a Nikon F65 about 8-9 years ago, but really fell back in the groove with photography with my D50. I have since upgraded to a D300 which I am still learning to drive, but enjoying the challenge.

Strictly a hobby photographer, I'm a fairly active member of Sligo Camera Club, and I like assignments and photo challenges as it forces me to go out and think with my camera otherwise it can be hard to find time/motivation to get out there.

I can't be trusted to take a self portrait, so here's a cheesy mirror shot taken by my (then) 3 1/2 year old (I believe in starting them early:)).

BBBD4F35AE524CD7876D617540E4A010.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Amesy

Hello,

I'm Ames from Hertfordshire, England. Real name is James but I've been called Ames since College over 7 years ago, and actually prefer it now. I'm 22 years young and I work as a PC support Analyst for a company called Phoenix at T-mobile's HQ.

I got my first bridge camera at the age of 16 in the form of a Konica Minolta Z1. Not so long ago I took a trip to Galway to stay with your very own PopeBuckfastXVI. There he taught me the ways of the camera and what the odd little Dial on the top of the camera did and how to use Appeture and the shutter speed (hats off to you again good buddy). For my birthday in June i was able to get enough money to buy a Canon 450D with 18-55mm IS lens. and i've never been happier.

I'll update this post with a piccy as soon as i find a nice one of me.... which may take a while. ;)

This is my fist post, so I'll look forward to getting to know you all and i look forward to the advise I know you'll be able to offer.

Much love
    Amesy.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭tnkrbell

The name's Michelle, 21 and from the north side of Dublin (the posh part though!:)) In my final year of college doing a course (nursing) which is completely unrelated to photography.
    Got my first camera when i was 16 and upgraded to a sony bridge about 2-3 years ago.Last Christmas decided to buy me a Canon EOS 400d (see my flickr profile for a list of my kit)
    Mainly take nature pictures but have slowly been getting into natural people shots (can't upload any onto flickr as they're of kids who i work with in a charity)
    Haven't been to any of the meets yet :(
    Currently admin a group called #photographers on flickr which is made up of nerds who are part of networking societies in colleges around Dublin and Limerick mainly.
    Software mainly used is what ever came with my camera.Don't really like photoshopping my pictures too much so what you see is what I got.Have just invested in a MacBookPro so hopefully going to try use Aperture
    That's me taken by my other half who is also a photographer (shots in film)
    2278808167_ae393a259e_m.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Hello!

Marcin, 27 from Naas. Moved in to Ireland 4 months ago, and already love this country.
    My first camera was Zenit, then upgraded it to Practica, Canon A1(one of best I ever had), and my last analog was Pentax. After school had less and less time to take pictures, and just stopped - for about 6 years. About two months ago bought Nikon D40x, kit lens, later I found SB-24 flash (15 years old), Tamron 55-200, tripod... and it looks like I really enjoy it again.

Hard to say which is my favourite subject, let's say I shoot a lot!

And here is me:2887363232_655a8f6d50.jpg

Advertisement