Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the "who am I" sticky...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Calaido

Thank you Mr. Grieves. I have great news:

I am happy to announce that few of my best landscape photographs (includes Panoramas as well) of Iveragh Peninsula, County Kerry are published in the recent issue of "Ireland of the Welcomes", by Harmonia. I can't wait to see it. Many thanks and blessings to Sean Carberry's enthusiasm ( :

3188527955_ffeaf672cf.jpg

or www.calaido.blogspot.com (my blog)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Calaido

I am a Photographer
    I am an Artist
    I am a Graphic Designer
    I am a Apple and Canon Freak

3294447053_d5574bd537_o.jpg

I've got my first canon 5N 10 years ago
    I've taken my first good image 5 years ago
    I've published my first calendar 4 years ago.
    I've bought my Canon 1DsMark III 0.5 years ago. :rolleyes:

I use Photoshop / Photomatix / Lightroom (just for archive) for processing
    I use my intitution for for the "click-decision"
    I use tons of enthusiasm about light and nature.

I offer licensed Landscape images of Iveragh Peninsula / Ring of Kerry
    I offer Pet Photography of gorgeous creatures
    I offer Artist Portfolio Photography
    I offer Interior and Exterior Photography
    I offer Event and Musician Photography
    I offer VR 360° Panoramas and virtual tours

I adore Nature and Ireland
    I adore creative people
    I adore light

I LOVE BEAUTY
    :rolleyes:

That's it
    cheers Madeleine

3188527955_ffeaf672cf.jpg
    or www.calaido.blogspot.com (my blog)

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

You have some really beautiful images and your website is lovely! Welcome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

I am Alison
    I unfortunately don't have a professional camera, I have a panasonic Lumix. I am not serious enough into photography to buy a really good camera.

I like to take pictures of my horse, sunsets, trees, eyes, gigs, nature, landmarks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30489859@N05/

and more on

http://alison182.deviantart.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Hats_Off

Evening =)

I've been floating around for a while but before I become a full on lurker I better introduce myself.
    I'm Elaine, I've recently started working as a photographers assistant in Dublin and am loooving it.
    I've noticed a kind of gap in information on-line for aspiring photo assistants so I'm creating a blogspace on my personal experience including advice and tips for hitting the ground running when you first enter the studio.

I really hope it helps and would appreciate any kind of feedback.

www.elainemariablog.blogspot.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Hats_Off

I've updated my blog for anyone that is interested. There's not a lot of substance to this one but you'll understand why.

Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

Hi, I'm new to the forums. I'm 23 and am in 2nd year at college. I study media production but am looking at maybe trying to get into DIT to do photography..

Here's a couple of my shots and a link to my flickr

3291126212_614f749d93.jpg

3233805053_c6a361dace.jpg

3245862668_731b67b506.jpg?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mickflanagan/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Hi, I'm new to the forums. I'm 23 and am in 2nd year at college. I study media production but am looking at maybe trying to get into DIT to do photography..

Here's a couple of my shots and a link to my flickr

3291126212_614f749d93.jpg

3233805053_c6a361dace.jpg

3245862668_731b67b506.jpg?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mickflanagan/

Welcome, but lose the blue writing it makes my head hurt : )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Hi

My name is Mrs Crilly I have recently bought an Olympus E520, have always wanted to get into photography so I decided to bite the bullet and make 2009 the year of the camera! Have not got a clue what I am doing but sure love being in at the deep end, forces me to learn!!

Fi Crilly

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Brndn

Hi,
    I'm Brendan, I'm a relative newcomer to photography proper, having got my Canon 450d at christmas after many happy years of point and shoot.
    I like landscapes and the occasional nature photo. I've learned a lot as a lurker here and decided its time to contribute hence joining! Have a nose around my Flickr if you like here!

3373293095_daa13da19f.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭nattyguest

Hi guys,

My name is Neil and I've just moved back to Ireland after five years abroad, four of them in France. I initially started reading boards simply for information here, and then I came across the photography section and in this thread spotted some shots and people I've seen in the flickr Irish group. This seems like a very friendly place to post and discuss and importantly for me, learn; contrasting to many forums where an elitist attitude seems to be the order of the day. And the photos I've seen so far are wonderful :)

Anyway, so I'm an amateur, I started out with an Olympus E400 and switched to Canon 400D after problems. I like the Canon, it's a very solid camera, and despite craving a better body in the form of a 40D last year I restrained myself and invested in better glass instead. I'm looking forward to getting a lot more landscapes done. I've seen Valentia's flickr stuff for the last few years and it's been a big inspiriation.

I haven't taken many shots in the last few months as I've been prepping for the move, but I'll be getting back into the swing of things. A lot of what I have is Paris by night, so I'm hoping to get more landscapes and abandoned buildings now that I'm back. I'm in Cork so I'm hoping to take a few spins down to Kerry and around Cork, as well as Cork city itself.

2683434969_76976987fc.jpg

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Cheers,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 maineshome

I'm Maineshome, you can find me blogging about Maine at http://maineshome.com

Thanks to anyone who checks it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sightaridis

I'm Simon, 19. Currently studying for a Degree in Photography.

I've only recently decided that I want to pursue the area of Sports Photography. I've enjoyed taking pictures all my life but only really got into it after the leaving cert when it was either do Photography or repeat the leaving and try get the points for a computer course I wanted. I'm glad the way things turned out though.

I have a Deviantart page located at: http://sightaridis.deviantart.com/ Though it's nothing special.

Interesting to see a large amount of the old guard in here. A great place for whippersnappers like myself to learn. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

I'm Pete. I'm 28 and live in Dublin. I've been shooting photos the past 10 years or so. I got into photography through riding BMX bikes and wanted to document that aspect of my life. I work as a staff photographer for DIG BMX magazine but living in Ireland I don't have work published as much as I'd like to. Shooting BMX nowadays would probably be something I'd shoot the least compared to when I got my first camera.

I shoot anything that catches my eye and don't consciously have a subject I'm attracted to. I've never studied photography formally as such, apart from a 1 year PLC course years ago which more cemented the idea that photography was what I wanted to do.

2909702329_854fe757e7.jpg

I'm Simon, 19. Currently studying for a Degree in Photography.

I've only recently decided that I want to pursue the area of Sports Photography. I've enjoyed taking pictures all my life but only really got into it after the leaving cert when it was either do Photography or repeat the leaving and try get the points for a computer course I wanted. I'm glad the way things turned out though.

I have a Deviantart page located at: http://sightaridis.deviantart.com/ Though it's nothing special.

Interesting to see a large amount of the old guard in here. A great place for whippersnappers like myself to learn. :D

Hi Simon

Where are you doing your degree, I am out of school 10 years and I wish I had of done something like this when I was choosing my career path back then!

Fi

mrs crilly wrote: »
    Hi Simon

Where are you doing your degree, I am out of school 10 years and I wish I had of done something like this when I was choosing my career path back then!

Fi
    Hi there.

I am studying in Griffith College. It's never too late to get a degree, there's plenty of people in your age group in my course. Though you'll need lots of money. >_>

Yeah well I have money now but only cos I have a job so no way I could give it up to do it full time, can it be done via a night course?

Yeah well I have money now but only cos I have a job so no way I could give it up to do it full time, can it be done via a night course?
    There is a part time course which I believe is held at night, though I' not sure that's for a Degree or just a Diploma. Look into it if you're really interested. :)

Yeah would defo be interested but I think I need to do a beginners course first!!!!!

Yeah would defo be interested but I think I need to do a beginners course first!!!!!
    Not at all. I went in there in my first year not knowing anything about aperture and shutter speeds, believe it or not. :o

• Advertisement

Really?? Ah well then there is hope for us all, just need to work on finding the college fees so!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

joined the ol pix.ie malarky

http://pix.ie/melekalikimaka

add me up mofos

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Hi all,

This is my favourite browsing page :)

I am Eoin!

Much of my earlier research involved visual archival work. I have most recently attempted to use images, along with other documentary (statistical, climate, medical) data to gain some insight into Rundale subsistence farming in 19th century Ireland.

My other research interests are broadly visual based, and I am currently working (with another author) on cityscapes and the use of images as a supplementary source in qualitative research (we are focussing on the lived experience of the recession throughout a number of sites in Dublin).

I am interested in bridging theory and practice, and am curious as to what that might look like in the context of a larger research project - which will probably never be funded :)

I teach at DCU and NUIM, and try to bring visual methods in as often as I can

I have my D80 with its permanant 50mm (and a 17-35 in the post soon, I hope!). I shot film for a number of years before, and I am still frustrated that I cant use photoshop well enough, as I love black and white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

joined the ol pix.ie malarky

http://pix.ie/melekalikimaka

add me up mofos

I would, but you just added me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Hi All,

Conor here, I'm 26 and from Wexford. I've been in Dublin since 2001 since I first came here for college in DCU and I am still here working as a Software Engineer.

I have been lurking around these forums with the odd post over the past few months since I decided to take photography seriously (incidently seeing some of the amazing photos on the random photo thread is what really spurred me into taking up photography) so It's just about the right time to post on this thread.

Thanks to the great help and advice around here, I purchased a Canon 450D and the book "Understanding Exposure" and I must say I'm really happy with my decision, I find myself looking for possible shooting opportunities everywhere I go now and have a great hunger to learn. Even by simply looking at peoples different shots around here I feel I'm learning a lot. I don't have a particular subject focus yet, that will develop in time but for the moment I would like to concentrate on marine photography and see how I get on. From what I read around here, Skerries and Howth would be good place to start.

I took my camera and tripod out for the first time to the Wicklow mountains last Friday and have put what I think is the best of a bad bunch up on flikr here, I had a great time exploring the mountains and I think it was really worth it all even if I did fall into a stream in Glendalough and had to rush home then with a soggy foot, I'm sure there's worse ahead...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

jebuz, I am out around Skerries and Howth quite a bit. If you want to catch up let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

name: J or JD online: slidinginfinity (No idea where I came up with that) or JD
    live: Umm..well..Dublin, of course

random personal info: I try to collect crappy plastic snow globes from places I go.

CD45894E51514D6CA7B2183BA953EC03-500.jpg

been into photography on and off since 12 or 13

currently shooting anywhere I can with:

ADCA1A21A0B94158884644BBBAABCAFC-800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm Novella, except my real name is Sarah! I study Photography in DIT :) Have a fetac level 7 in Photography aswell. I use a Canon 400D with various lenses and a Pentax film camera when forced to use film (which is a lot in college)! I like portraits and candid stuff mainly but also into fine art.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

Hey - Adam here, very new to photography! Living in Killaloe, about 20 miles outside of Limerick. I have always had a camera of sorts and an interest but its only in the last few weeks I bought a 50D which I am loving! Its like feeding an addiction every-time I feel that camera in my hands :pac:

My other main interest other than photography is kitesurfing - it has to be one of the best sports on the planet and I wont hear otherwise :P So combining kitesurfing and photography is my number 1 aim! I took a few shots down in Lahinch a couple of weeks ago that I am fairly happy with, but now I have a tripod they should be sharper.

For what its worth I am on Pix.ie but I have no friends so anyone who wants to feel sorry for me and add me then that would be great :o

Oh - and if anyone is around the Limerick area and wants to meet up and to go out and about taking pics, let me know...

I have learned so much from this forum already and I hope one day I will know enough to give something back.

Adam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 cleeek

Hi there,

I thought I should introduce myself after lurking for a while.

My name is Bernard, and live in Dublin. I did elec. engineering in college and work in telecoms.

I had always been interested in photography, but like most people, never had the money to buy any good kit.

The subject I most like taking shots of is a bullrunning festival in Spain. The problem is, its only on once a year :(

Since theres not a year-round Sanfermin, I have started trying out other forms too, macros, and understanding different techniques and concepts.

For the last few years I have tried taking better photographs with our new Nikon D60 (bought in BH Photo in NYC).

I don't have much kit, the D60, with the 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G kit lense, and a Sigma APO DG 70-300mm/1:4-5.6 lense.

I'd really like to get some formal photography training.

My photographs are here, on flickr, and I try to do a photoblog here. Be kind :)

That's it.
    thanks,
    bernard

Advertisement