Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the "who am I" sticky...

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Hi and welcome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jjoconnor

hello i'm jj, i'm a parttime photographer, just got into digital a few years ago with a nice nikon, which actually pushed me into doing more film & medium format stuff. favourite camera is the sx-70, unfortunatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

jjoconnor wrote: »
    favourite camera is the sx-70, unfortunatly.
    There's one or two of those around here too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Pacha

Hi all
    Just discovered this site by chance and am happy to see there's a photography corner.
    Like many others here I started taking pictures when I was young, about 9 years old and have been hooked ever since.
    I've spent a few years 'working' as a photographer on government schemes but I never sold any pictures until last year.
    I started working with models a few years ago and have helped to launch some succesful careers since then.
    I also won a newspaper competition with a landscape shot last year, which gave me me some space in a gallery.
    A fellow photographer asked me recently what my favourite thing was to photograph and after a pause I said 'everything'
    I'll start posting some pics as soon when I get settled as I'm travelling at the moment.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 devongarde

Hi, I'm dylan, just saying hello. I'm strictly amateur, getting back into photography having stayed away for a few years.

I recently bought a Nikon D300, which I'm still exploring. I previously used (and have long since sold) Pentax Me Supers. I use Aperture and the Gimp.

You can get a feel for my work at http://dylanharris.org/foto/index.html .

picture-3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

hi im adrian ,based in laois, purely hobbiest at present but the more i get into this the more i want to better myself,currently own a canon 30d and 1d mk11,lenses 18-55 kit lens and 70-200 2.8 hsm mk11 sigma,like taking sports and waiting to find a reasonable 300 2.8,which i got the loan from pcphoto recently,love glendalough and wicklow in general..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭beng128

Hello everybody,
    I have just inherited Minolta X-700 from a friend of my mums who heard i was thinking of going to some sort of art college.

So i haven't had time to mess around and figure out the camera and i have loads of questions but i'll post a thread for those.

I am 16 and hoping to go to DIT to do their 4 year photography course. I'm going to start a portfolio soon because i'm in fifth year and don't do art for the leaving.

And the Minolta is not completly new ground for me, my mum loves photography and gave me a broken (it let light in) manual SLR when i was about 10. I also got this really nice 70-35mm lens with a Macro 1:4 and 1:7 setting.

PS: I'm not a luddite, I have an iPod, a decent computer and decent phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭michellemuncher

Hey, I am a hobby photographer. I have been doing it for about 10 years now but since getting my Nikon D70 in 2006 I have really improved but not nearly as much as I'd like. I like taking shots of landscapes, city nights, long exposures and nature. I live in Dublin and love capturing the city. I trained as an artist and graphic designer but am mostly self taught photographer. Here is a link to my Flickr stream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/7270471@N07/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Welcome Michelle, have a look around, jump in and get posting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭katiemaloe

Hi Im Kate, 30 and live in Dublin. I love the random photo thread and seeing what photos other people take.
    I'm a big fan of using film and have an EOS 30 with a couple of nice lenses. I always have a little digital ixus with me too.
    I like relaxed photos of people, animals, food and little quirky close ups. I hate using flash and I like to take the photos as best I can without touching things up in photoshop.
    Also i work in the Camera Centre so if anyone needs cheap processing done by my good self, or camera advice feel free to PM me! :)

3354BE5156AA4B58A561945365A2B551-500.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

Good evening from Co Kildare. Love taking photos as a hobby.

Link to my flickr page:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/32428096@N05/

I welcome all comments both complimentary & critical. Will always try out any advice given. I do not possess a D-SLR, I have a Sony DSC-H7 (Bridge? camera) which I am still learning to get the best out of.

I have already met one of my Flickr contacts here (Hi Xia!), if anyone else knows me from Flickr, please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

The internet is a small world...and in Ireland especially it seems:)

So welcome again on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mcgoo2007

Hi,

My name in Ciaran, I am from Sligo and currently live in Galway.

Have been interested in photography since I was a teenager but really got the bug when I bought my first digital camera, a Canon Rebel XT (350D).

Now shooting with a Canon 50D and am interested in landscape photography, esp panaramas and infrared shots.

My latest shots can be seen at www.ciaranmchugh.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Hi, I am John, I live in Cork. 90% of my photos are soccer or sailing, but I will shoot pretty much anything that moves...

I Have a 40D plus a few lenses, and a decent tripod.Also a small pentax optio waterproof cam that I take sailing. My current favourite lens is the 85mm f/1.8 which I use a lot for night-time soccer games.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Hello, John here and I am interested in photography purely as a hobby and a means to while away my leisure time in an enjoyable way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I'm Áine and I've recently taken up photography. I've had a long held interest in it but was a bit apprehensive of taking it on, but I eventually took the plunge earlier this year and bought a Canon 450D. I've not yet bought a specific lens, other than the standard fit one, but I've got my eye on a specific one. Now just to save for it. I quite like landscape and cityscape photography but my main interest is in concert photography. Its quite difficult to do here in Ireland as so many venues are not camera friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Block G Raptor

I'm Paul
    I'm the CEO Of the ITB PhotoSociety

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Hi all, been on here for a good while now so i guess its about time i put a face to the name. I'm Dean have been always taking photos wiht P&S camera recently bought a 1000d still learning and i'm pretty sure you'll all be sick of my mindless picture posting before long:p:p:p

P.S. im on the right with the farmers tan:D:D:D
    3982565454a8210681831l.jpg

Advertisement