Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

16 gb ddr3 ram chips

• 22-08-2008 9:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/39006/135/

Intel are showing 16 gh ram sticks.

Ten loaded in a server 160 gb at todays prices I make it €160,000
    well they say ddr3 will come down in price.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

i'll take 2 please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Wow, imagine how many programs you could run at once...

This makes my upcoming 4gb feel small. I wonder when it's going to be released or more importantly, when <billionaires will be able to buy it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Or tabs in firefox :)
    C14N wrote: »
    Wow, imagine how many programs you could run at once...

This makes my upcoming 4gb feel small. I wonder when it's going to be released or more importantly, when <billionaires will be able to buy it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

5 years from now we'll all have them and be complaining that at €200 a stick they are way too expensive :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

L31mr0d wrote: »
    5 years from now we'll all have them and be complaining that at €200 a stick they are way too expensive :rolleyes:

5! more like 2-3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

awhir wrote: »
    5! more like 2-3

I dunno, the saturation of 64-bit OS's is still pretty low. I can't see desktop PC's bothering with them until we start seeing DELLs and prebuilt PC's coming bundled with x64 OS's as standard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

L31mr0d wrote: »
    I dunno, the saturation of 64-bit OS's is still pretty low. I can't see desktop PC's bothering with them until we start seeing DELLs and prebuilt PC's coming bundled with x64 OS's as standard

Well the next version of windows will be out in a while.

I'm sure it will require at least 16 gigs of ram just to boot :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Ya, Windows 7 will still have a 32bit version but I honestly doubt you'd run it on less than 4Gb ram

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Ya, Windows 7 will still have a 32bit version but I honestly doubt you'd run it on less than 4Gb ram

Waste of time releasing a 32 bit version: any pc made in the last few years that will have the spec to run it will have a 64 bit CPU.

(if its a 32 bit CPU pc it's prob a bag of sh it that should stick with XP any way....)

Even the bargin bucket PCs for the last while have had 64bit CPUs ffs.

this 32/64 bit split is pointless: they should just go 64bit OS for all with backward compatabilty for 32bit apps.

Advertisement