Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Moving into the yellow box when lighs ahead are red

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I remember an instructor who had previously been a fireman telling me about the kinds of horrific injuries he had seen people receiving from crashes. One particular storey involved a man being in several different places at once following a collision.

Great stuff to tell a L driver about while driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

It's just painted marks on a fukking road...who cares??

Why stress about this gick? Concern youself with bigger problems than this garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

IanCurtis wrote: »

Why stress about this gick? Concern youself with bigger problems than this garbage.

People stress because you can fail your test for not paying attention to those "painted marks on the road" They are there for a reason you know. You might see this as garbage but this is a serious issue for some people esp if, like in the OP"s case, they are been given the wrong information that could lead to them failing the test. They are paying for the lessons and for the tests itself so why shouldn't they make sure they aren't wasting their money?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Jesus christ almighty why do people spend so much time disussing this ****e....a yellow painted box on the road???

Surely you've better things to worry about :rolleyes:

If you have nothing constructive to add to the discussion, please feel free to go elsewhere. Infraction given.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

bigkev49 wrote: »
    I hope I never encounter any of the people "instructed" by these scam artists out on the road.

Situations like this are proof that the new laws regarding learners being accompanied by experienced full license drivers should be enforced.
    I disagree, I think that situations like this are proof that we need quaified driving instructors...i.e the instructor needs to pass a test to become an instructor not the current free for all. Also what if the accompanying driver was also thought by an incompetent instructor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Stark

adrian522 wrote:
    Also what if the accompanying driver was also thought by an incompetent instructor.

Presumably the accompanying driver would never pass a driving test if he/she drove according to the instructions given to the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

The instruction given to the OP are indeed crazy if they have been reported accurately. Sound like some of the worse advice I have heard.

Advertisement