Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back garden safari

Options
  • 22-08-2008 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've been trying out a macro lens in the back garden,these are taken handheld with the inbuilt flash.

Tips, tricks and C&C welcome.

Niall

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Well done. Would you like to soften the light from built-in flash by some of famous tools like paper tissue? The shadows are a little hard.
    However all pictures are nicely composed and exposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Hi Thonda,
    Yep, some of the shadows make the daddy long legs appear to have more limbs than they actually have, it was the intricate mouth parts that I was trying to capture.

I'll try making up a origami diffuser for the inbuilt speedlight and see what the results are like, the inbuilt speedlight seems to have more than enough intensity to illuminate such a small subject area, but its too direct.

The biggest issue with the camera is that the TTL metering doesn't work with a manual lens attached, so a few trial shots are necessary to get the exposure.
    Niall

Advertisement