Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

623 Network Error

Options
  • 22-08-2008 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Can anyone explain the following error that keeps popping up when I use firefox?

networkerror.jpg

It seems to be something to do with the fact that I have the laptop using wifi in my home and the software for my mobile o2 broadband is installed also.

Its annoying! I have to click 4 or 5 times for it to go away.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Just off the top of my head I seem to remember this can be something to do with a permissions issue?

You need to work out whats causing the error - check event log - then if its as an example huawei modem software (known to cause that error) try rienstalling it as but make sure you install it as the administrator. Even though you are an adminsitrator on a system you don't always have full rights to everything and you need to right click the installer program and choose "run as" and use the administators account credentials.

Another wild guess is that it could be that Firefox is trying to lunch the O2 app and failing? Does it happen if you use IE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

ttm wrote: »

Another wild guess is that it could be that Firefox is trying to lunch the O2 app and failing? Does it happen if you use IE?

It happens with IE too.. Although.. since I set the internet options to never dial, it hasnt popped up. Saying that, I haven't used the o2 broadband since I clicked that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

OK my take on this one. I recently had a PM converstion with another boards member who had the same error msg with a 3 Broadband Huewai E220 modem. Their issue was that the 3 modem software seemed to install OK but everytime they tried to use the 3 modem software they would get that 623 error msg OS was Vista, but I read some reports that its also happens on XP

Fix was as I already said to install as administrator using the run as command. I can't say for sure how to use the run as command and when you need it as it was another member who found the fix when trying reinstalling the software for the umpteenth time. If you can't do that then log in with the admin account and try reinstalling the modem software, guess you will have to unistall it first.

Advertisement