Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lissadell estate roe deer

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

Around July 2007, anybody that want to see it? I have it on my phone, I'm at the Game fair in Birr this weekend and I have a stand in the big marquee.
    Yes they like hardwood, pasture and tillage and theres plenty of that on the wicklow/wexford border.
    did you see the big one john ,, hope to introduce him to my .270 this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭John Griffin

jwshooter wrote: »
    did you see the big one john ,, hope to introduce him to my .270 this season

:D:D:Dbest of luck with that:D:D:D never saw him, just females and young.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Isnt there a bunch of escapees up around Roscommon from a farm that was rearing them commerically a few years ago??

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sixpointfive

there were some in keshcarrigan co leitrim , was on tv3 news a couple of years ago but they were "eliminated" as they were wrecking the place, digging up gardens and people thought they could be dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Awwwwwww!!! And they were going on in the Indo and others on how "unique " and "cute" the pigges were!:rolleyes: Tune changed when said cute wild pigges obviously made a hames of some folks spud patches.And YES they can be extremly dangerous in the mating and with their young.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭k_d

hey guys

was looking at the lissadell site and i seen this picture on it

second_deer_second_deer_second_deer_second_deer_second_deer.jpg

now i dont do any deer shooting but is this a roe? if so i can tell you theres a few still about....

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Sika_Stalker

nope its not a roe but it is a fallow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

k_d wrote: »
    hey guys

was looking at the lissadell site and i seen this picture on it

second_deer_second_deer_second_deer_second_deer_second_deer.jpg

now i dont do any deer shooting but is this a roe? if so i can tell you theres a few still about....

not to annoy anyone,but i was out lamping foxes couple of weeks ago and i came across one these without the horns ,i know feck all bout deer ,but had a look at him through my sights and let him off ,went back to mr. fox.seen him in a field in meath

its a fallow buck with a mad head on him brow tines are strong but whats with the rest . id whack him for been ugly buy id love to see next years head on him for that alone id spare him,if in doubt give them a year ,then whack him if no improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭k_d

o well ill stick to whackin foxs for a while! Feck it is hard to tell the difference some times tho, for the untrained eye!!

• Advertisement

very like the black fallow sligo way , i cull there last year and the animals were all black . lovely looking

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ArdeeStalker

Keelan wrote: »
    Their is ment to be a rake of muntjack in wicklow, mate shot 3 last season..they were introduced a while back.
    As for roe, their is a load in meath and in the north..;)

im begining to think that most of the posts on here are complete bullsh*t,
    theres only been one confirmed muntjac kill in wicklow and one muntjac run over by a car in co.down, thats it !
    there was i think 9 muntjac kills reported on the license returns last year, all were investigated by the wildlife dept. and all were found to be false !
    as for roe buck been in co.meath, complete bollocks !
    iv walked through most of the woods in meath and have never heard or seen any roe or know of anyone else seeing them:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

I might suggest that you look at the date of the last post prior to yours today.
    There is also the fact that one of the main posters (JW) is now unfortunately deceased....so I respectfully suggest that you might start a thread afresh if you wish the debate the ''bull**** talk'' or otherwise.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

im begining to think that most of the posts on here are complete bullsh*t

Remember Rule #1

Zombie thread.

Closed.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement