Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

k/d on cod4

• 22-08-2008 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Mines 1.14 on the xbox and 2.49 on the ps3... whats everybody elses????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Why are you playing it on two different consoles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

dont have it on xbox but on the pc it was like 12k deaths and 8k kills lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭mickyt

my death ratio is 1.17 or something like that.

I have 53000 k kills and 44000 k deaths.

I average in HQ about 30-40 kills and 10-20 deaths.

obvouisly have good and bad games. but average wise. and lately been average more along the 50-60 lines.

getting good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

As long as my team wins, I don't care about k/d ratio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

My k/d ratio is about 1.7 or so, haven't played in a good while though.
    ~30k kills so its not off 1 game either ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭mickyt

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    As long as my team wins, I don't care about k/d ratio.

Well if your K/D is better in a game, then your going to get more points and rank up quicker. so it would make sense to care more

mickyt wrote: »
    Well if your K/D is better in a game, then your going to get more points and rank up quicker. so it would make sense to care more

What has my rank got to do with winning??? :confused: If I get a k/d ratio of 4:1 and my team loses then I'd be pissed off. If I get a 1:1 and we win then I'd be happy. You don't actually get anything for having a higher rank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

mine is .98.
    I would be better but i only got an Xbox when this game came out, it took me while to get the hang of it. Now my k/d would be much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

mickyt wrote: »

This isn't true. If you get 20 kills/20 deaths you still get the same points as 20 kills/10 deaths. One thing which is wrong on COD4 is that you don't lose points for deaths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

In games like Team Deathmatch you should lose points for dying but in the likes of Headquarters does it really matter how many times you die as long as you take and hold the base?

• Advertisement

There is no way the game would have been as popular if you lost points for getting killed. The game is bad enough with camping, imagine it if you lost points for getting killed? It would be unbearable.

Advertisement