Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Flag at KK Castle

• 22-08-2008 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

Any truth in the story that a Waterford flag went up at the top of Kilkenny Castle today?
    Heard it earlier this evening - fantastic if it's true :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

if so, somebody get a pic of it pronto !!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

deise-lady wrote: »
    fantastic if it's true :D

Why If you don't mind me asking? I really don't get this friendly rivalry/animosity towards Kilkenny in Waterford. Kilkenny people really couldn't care less about it. Waterford is just another county to them like Galway or Donegal or Clare. Yet Waterford people have this whole "thing" like Kilkenny is out to get them. Whereas Kilkenny people are thinking... meh

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Adyx wrote: »
    Why If you don't mind me asking? I really don't get this friendly rivalry/animosity towards Kilkenny in Waterford. Kilkenny people really couldn't care less about it. Waterford is just another county to them like Galway or Donegal or Clare. Yet Waterford people have this whole "thing" like Kilkenny is out to get them. Whereas Kilkenny people are thinking... meh

They'd think differently if the flow of traffic went the opposite way over Rice Bridge every morning!

Heyoooooooooo!!

Cheer up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Adyx - I have to agree with you. I'm originally from Kilkenny. I don't follow GAA religiously but hand on heart I would love to see Waterford win the All-Ireland. People may slate or call me a traitor but I really would love to see a different team take the honours.

The riverly thing happends everywhere. It's much much worse in Wexford than Waterford.

In relation to crossing over rise bridge every morning... when the new ring road is in that solve your problem. And did you ever think to how many people cross from Waterford to go to Kilkenny, Carlow or Wexford. Plus, think of your enconomy!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭irish fighter

KingLoser wrote: »
    They'd think differently if the flow of traffic went the opposite way over Rice Bridge every morning!

Heyoooooooooo!!

Cheer up.

I am a kilkenny man working in waterford yes i would like the cats to win
    i dont care who we beat waterford cork its all the same
    its good to see a new team in it this year i do hope they make a game of it
    we will see :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Sallypark - Check

Kilkenny Castle - Check

Where next eh! ,

Im form the kilkenny side of waterford , so both flags are up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Had to laugh at the yellow spraypaint on the Wfd/KK road this morning "Up The Cats" at either side of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

??? Must just be the people you hang aroung with. I went to school in the Abbey up in Ferrybank, which is right on the border ( they still have their address as killkenny even though I don't think its in Killkenny :confused: )

People from both sides partake in the rivalry equally, if not the KK people taking it to further extreames ( that being said there were probably more KK people in the school ) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Christ Church

eh..cos it's funny...:P

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

emo!! wrote: »
    Sallypark - Check

Kilkenny Castle - Check

Where next eh! ,

Im form the kilkenny side of waterford , so both flags are up!

I believe Sally Park is actually part of Waterford City

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I was in KK Castle last night and I didnt see a Deise flag. I'll be back down there later today and I'll verify!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

You're wrong there. Most people in South Kilkenny view Waterford the same way as say Manchester United supporters in Manchester view City supporters.

The whole fact that they (KK people) often work or go to school in Waterford makes the way they view Waterford different than Donegal or Clare etc. They love the fact they win everything and we win little...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

We don't give a toss about Kilkenny. I certainly don't. I have no time for any "town" that doesn't put up name signs for streets.

I presume the attiude in South KK is different but here in the city, we dont take the hurling rivalry with Waterford half as seriously as we would with the likes of Tipp and Cork. Nothing to do with the hurling abilities of Waterford mind you, its just that a good few of the Tipp hurlers went to school here and of course because everyone likes to see Cork lose :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The KK vs Waterford threads have been done to death over the years so lets not start one again.. lets just put that aside and enjoy the general laugh and of course - the game :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Can't say I noticed a waterford flag on the Castle. Maybe there was though, somebody from Waterford havin a laugh ;)
    Or could have been the EU flag confused from a distance

I drove past the castle last night. There's an EU flag, and Ireland flag and the Black and Amber. So no Waterford flag I'm afraid.

Advertisement