Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CBR250 (MC22)

• 23-08-2008 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy myself an MC22 but can't seem to find one anywhere at all. Does anybody have any suggestions. I'm happy to spend a little over 3 grand.

I was also looking at the 400 as there seems to be more around but as I'm still on a provisional I'd need to get it restricted. Does anybody know what's involved in doing this and the cost.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

If the reason you arent getting the 400 is because you think it has to be restricted, then you should know that the 250 is also above 33bhp so that would also need to be restricted aswell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy myself an MC22 but can't seem to find one anywhere at all. Does anybody have any suggestions. I'm happy to spend a little over 3 grand.

I was also looking at the 400 as there seems to be more around but as I'm still on a provisional I'd need to get it restricted. Does anybody know what's involved in doing this and the cost.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

:D

there are a couple for sale on www.biker.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

as said above both need to be restricted and unless you get one factory done you will be fleased on insurance prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Biketech in Galway have one but its a bit grubby. Its white/red/blue and I don't know anything else about it. Most decent bike shops can restrict a bike and give you a cert for it. Hold off buying a 400 unless you are certain you are ready for it.

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 27 thebandito600

Motorcycle shops can restrict a bike for you and give you the necessary paperwork for insurance company,could cost round 250ish upwards though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Spanish Guitar

Cheers lads.

I've since found out that it's 280eur to get either restricted and Quinn will accept the shop's cert without a price hike.

Still can't seem to find a decent 250 though, they all seem a bit knackered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Cheers lads.

I've since found out that it's 280eur to get either restricted and Quinn will accept the shop's cert without a price hike.

They havent been made since '96 so at this stage a lot of them are very rough.....but there are still some mint one's out there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭anonymousjunkie

Cheers lads.

Had the same problem when looking for my one. They'd be advertised as mint but when you get there you find the thing was in bits. Still, worth it, love mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

You'll never find a good condition CBR250 as all the racer boys who dont bother to get insured or taxed tend to get their hands on them at one point or other. So they pretty much have all been dropped or damaged in some way. If you get a cheep one with body kit damage, a stie called tyga-performance do a really good kit mod that bings its looks to the newer 600-1000 range of bikes.

Got one for the misses as a christmas pressy, you can see the writeup I done on it over at Irishbikerforum.com You may need to be signed on as a member to see the pics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Sutty did a good job to the Wifes CBR250. Personally as a first bike I'd try to find something a bit newer as most of them are getting on in years and people selling decent ones ask for far too much. For the same money you could get a curvey SV650 and restrict it or an older fireblade etc which once restricted will be fine. The weight difference won't matter too much after a week or so and if the inssurance companies recognise the certs the premium won't be any worse than the 250.

• Advertisement
Advertisement