Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part-Time Student work

Options
  • 23-08-2008 2:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

ok, it's nearly that time to go back to college.

I'd like to find a part-time job(perhaps weekend work) but I'm not sure in what field or where to look.

I've worked in the hospitality industry (barista, barwork, waiting) and I do NOT want to do that again. Anyway, with the efficient eastern europeans and chinese as dependable staff, I doubt they want or need part-time students.

I tried jobs.ie and similar sites but these either have professional jobs (with experience needed) or mostly full-time work.

So does anyone have any suggestions on jobs?
    Where do you currently work part-time as a student?

Gracias amigos :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Last semester I worked as a host in a TGI Fridays in Blackrock, which was decent weekend work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'm working in a dvd rental store at the moment... pretty good for college. Most shifts are 6-10pm, and they'll give you as many or few shifts as you like. They have open days every so often, so you'll probably have to wait for them.

Working in a cinema is a laugh too... it's mainly students so they'll be your own age.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Working in an offo since i started college.
    All the part timers are students

Advertisement