Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGA 5x06 - The Shrine [SPOILERS]

• 23-08-2008 3:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,644 ✭✭✭✭

Rodney McKay begins suffering from the Pegasus Galaxy equivalent of Alzheimer's disease, and reverts to a child-like state.
    edit: fully intended to add a poll im sure of it...

What did you think of SG:A - 5x06 - The Shrine? 29 votes

Excellent
    0% 0 votes
    Very Good
    41% 12 votes
    Okay
    41% 12 votes
    Bad
    13% 4 votes
    Well if this is the quality, I'm glad it's gone
    3% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

Ok episode

laugh.gif @ panda t-shirt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I liked it a lot, had a lot of elements of previous sg1 storylines. Lol at the malp dropping smoke, nice moves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭token56

Thought it was a really good episode, really showed McKay in a new light which I really enjoyed.

The part at the end has been coming for quiet a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

A pretty solid standalone episode - definitely reminded me of some early SG-1 story lines. I was good to see McKay's sister back though I missed the banter they have had in her previous appearances. Really enjoyed the part with Sheppard on the pier and Keller finally got a bit more to do than usual...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

token56 wrote: »
    Thought it was a really good episode, really showed McKay in a new light which I really enjoyed.

The part at the end has been coming for quiet a while.

I thought it was a really good episode when I read that Rodney would revert to a child like state I thought it would be a funny episode but it was really sad actually and really weird to see how Ronan responded to it in particular....

Yea that Dr.Keller bits been coming since the season 4 finale...he got over the florist quick enough...

That bit on the peer was great aswell...calling him Arthur :D...it was kind of like Tao of Rodney but better and more serious...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

david hewlett will be wasted in atlantis films,

i hope him a keller get together soon, would like to see him take her out for dinner, id say it would be funny, and have him run into katie brown while out:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

When I read the summary for this, I didn't like the sound of it. I liked it alot though.... very good episode, and great acting from Hewlett.

If the stargate forum was in the Television category, I'd add a poll..... *grumble* *grumble*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

was a very good stand alone episode. Mckay gave us a great performance, especially in the video diary parts.

A very touching storyline and well put together. I was a bit apprehensive when they took out the drill and were talking about DIY brain surgery but the managed to pull that off quite well.

Its a pity this is the last season, its starting to get into a decent rhythm.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Add another very good from me. I wasn't sure at first when it started out but it actually worked - Hewlitt put in one of his best performances and he made some touching scenes. When he set on the pier and Sheppard refused to say goodbye then was a classic scene - it recalled the intense friendship that O'Neill and Daniel developed in SG1.
    In fact I got a really vibe of the earlier SG-1 seasons when characters fell prey to diseases, e.g. Season 3's "Legacy". Take a relatively simple premise and use it to create some quality character moments. Damn, already making me more annoyed about the show's upcoming end.
    Mr E wrote:
    If the stargate forum was in the Television category, I'd add a poll..... *grumble* *grumble*
    Poll added :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Yeah its startting to get good again. First 3 eps weren't great.
    Funniest bits were Woolsey planning to go to breakfast and You're a good firend Arthur

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Conor108 wrote: »
    Yeah its startting to get good again. First 3 eps weren't great.
    Funniest bits were Woolsey planning to go to breakfast and You're a good firend Arthur

I thought it has been a very good season so far...true the first episode could have been a bit better but the only not so good episode was number three I thought...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

OK standalone episode. One thing I don't get is why can't they cloak the jumper before going through the gate? And would smoke really be enough to blind the sensors of the Wraith ships? It doesn't seem very likely.

Loved the panda PJs though. Very butch :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Good Episode, I liked it, McKay is one o my favourite characters on d'telly

I like others expected a 'Funnier' episode but was not disapointed with this, the storyline had a level of plausibility about it that made the whole thing move along nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I loved this episode.

When they talked about brain surgery in the damp cave, I just went "WTF"? "That is retarded." I honestly thought it was exploding tumours all over again.

I thought that it was very well done, and I thought Hewlett's acting was superb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

:D David Hewlitt was brilliant in this ep. Ronon got to behave more like his old self. I was gobsmacked to see such a god episode after the disappointment that S5 turned into :mad:

Advertisement