Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC supplies

Options
  • 23-08-2008 9:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

any decent places in sligo to find parts for a PC, im building a new one atm and pc world has a lack of decent parts im looking for so any of u know where i can find a place to buy them around the town

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

There is absolutely nowhere in Sligo to buy parts. We had the same problem and had to resort to the internet. There was a link somewhere on the boards about which internet sites accept laser cards and there is a whole list of computer parts websites on there.
    Mr.T was chatting to our neighbour who also builds computers and he gets all his parts from the UK - lots cheaper he says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

Mrs.T wrote: »
    There is absolutely nowhere in Sligo to buy parts. We had the same problem and had to resort to the internet. There was a link somewhere on the boards about which internet sites accept laser cards and there is a whole list of computer parts websites on there.
    Mr.T was chatting to our neighbour who also builds computers and he gets all his parts from the UK - lots cheaper he says.

ya thats what i thought, have to wait untill monday untill i can pay some cash on my CC, only thing i dont like is having to wait for it to arrive lol so i wanted to be able to just go to a shop and buy it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

gino85 wrote: »
    ya thats what i thought, have to wait untill monday untill i can pay some cash on my CC, only thing i dont like is having to wait for it to arrive lol so i wanted to be able to just go to a shop and buy it

Yeh, Mr T isn't very good on the patience side of things either!

I tried to look for the thread about laser cards but couldn't find it yet, maybe you can do a search?
    Mr.T suggests you taking a trip to Galway to maplin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

Mrs.T wrote: »
    Yeh, Mr T isn't very good on the patience side of things either!

I tried to look for the thread about laser cards but couldn't find it yet, maybe you can do a search?
    Mr.T suggests you taking a trip to Galway to maplin

i think ill wait till monday and order the part online

thanks for the help and give Mr.T my thanks aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Both our laptop adapters died within 3 days.

We went to PC world to get new ones. 155 euro each. wtf - that's nearly half the price of a new laptop (albeit not an especially great one, but still!)

Mr Xiney went to Enniskillen and got them for 20 sterling each or something like that. PC World are useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

PC World make their money on those "bits and accessories" - they're selling network cables (Ethernet) for €30. You can typically buy them for about €5 most places online.

If you're building a computer and you're searching for parts, Komplett is your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

basquille wrote: »
    PC World make their money on those "bits and accessories" - they're selling network cables (Ethernet) for €30. You can typically buy them for about €5 most places online.

If you're building a computer and you're searching for parts, Komplett is your best bet.

or you can make a standard (or cross-over) cable for pennies.

Yeah.. don't see many people who aren't computer inclined wanting to do it though.

Ask John if he still remembers the colour sequence..

crossover-cable.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

I'd rather pay for it. It's like pushing string with a toothpick. Tedious, finnicky and time consuming.:rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

Cafe online on Stephen St supplies components etc. Any item ordered before 5 is available for collection the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Sulukie

Compupac are much cheaper than PC world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Sulukie wrote: »
    Compupac are much cheaper than PC world.

Sorry but No they are not !!!

Try computerbits in tubbercurry if thats not too far for you.

Agree with bennyc.

Compupac are fecking desperate in my opinion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Sulukie

I must get a different price in Compupac always at least 15% less that PC World. I have heard other complaints about them though, I think they may have had the market to themselves for too long. :pac:

I agree about Computerbits though, very helpful and really appreciate any business that comes their way.

Sulukie

Advertisement