Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any way of editing you in game name?

Options
  • 23-08-2008 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭

I have a guy wanting to join my clan but his tags are part of his name.
    I know this is a long shot but is there a way of editng his tags out without name hacks?
    Imo there is no way off doing this but i told him i'd check though.

Cheers,
    Game4it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Which game? BF2? BFBC?

I've heard in bf2 there is a way to alter your display name, your log in stays the same but there is a certain file in your profile which you edit to display your name in whatever way you want, although your friend could just add the clan tag prefix in front of the old prefix I wouldn't see any harm in that.

If its BFBC on the 360 then afaik its linked to your profile name, you can change it by paying for the name change with Microsoft credits. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

R0ot wrote: »
    Which game? BF2? BFBC?

I've heard in bf2 there is a way to alter your display name, your log in stays the same but there is a certain file in your profile which you edit to display your name in whatever way you want, although your friend could just add the clan tag prefix in front of the old prefix I wouldn't see any harm in that.

If its BFBC on the 360 then afaik its linked to your profile name, you can change it by paying for the name change with Microsoft credits. :D

Sorry its BF2.
    Yeah i let him just put our tags in front of his name as i could not find a way to change and didnt want to cause PB problems.
    Thanks for the reply R0ot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

game4it70 wrote: »
    Sorry its BF2.
    Yeah i let him just put our tags in front of his name as i could not find a way to change and didnt want to cause PB problems.
    Thanks for the reply R0ot.

I'm pretty sure if you check the EA forum you'll find something about that file where you can change your display name (but not login) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

R0ot wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure if you check the EA forum you'll find something about that file where you can change your display name (but not login) :pac:
    Cool thanks,i'll have a look.:)

Advertisement