Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any decent, real kebabs in town?

• 23-08-2008 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

I'm a bit of a kebab lover, but since moving to Dublin from a place that takes kebabs and shawarma very seriously, I've been nothing but disappointed. I mean raw cabbage piled on a kebab? Get real! Also the sauces used are crap. Traditional kebab uses a garlic-mayo creamy sauce, and choices of toppings include onions, tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber etc.

Had a kebab at Abrakebabra on Lower Baggot St last night that made my stomach turn.

Can anyone help in my quest for a proper kebab?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Zaytoon on Parliament St, or Camden st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Iskanders on dame street fore sure!!!They have chilli sauce to die for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

lafortezza wrote: »
    Zaytoon on Parliament St, or Camden st.

Tried Zaytoon in Parliament St a few weeks back after reading a recommendation here and was completely dissapointed - "chilli" sauce that was the closest thing to ketchup, bread that you couldn't cut and cold kebab meat.

It'll be Iskanders on Dame St for me (as it was before) from here on in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

tonc76 wrote: »
    Tried Zaytoon in Parliament St a few weeks back after reading a recommendation here and was completely dissapointed - "chilli" sauce that was the closest thing to ketchup, bread that you couldn't cut and cold kebab meat.

It'll be Iskanders on Dame St for me (as it was before) from here on in

The one on Camden st is much much MUCH nicer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

fatal wrote: »
    Iskanders on dame street fore sure!!!They have chilli sauce to die for

+1 for me. Iskanders have the best kebabs in dublin that I have tasted so far. Not too big on Sultans around the corner on Georges st. And steer clear of the tiny little hut on Lower Baggot St, tastless crap with too much shredded cabbage. I thought it had an 'Authentic' look to the place though, thats why I tried it :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Had a kebab at Abrakebabra on Lower Baggot St last night that made my stomach turn.

Can anyone help in my quest for a proper kebab?

They may not be authentic, but they're the tastiest kebabs in Dublin. The Zaytoon/Iskanders ones have too much meat to veg and are hard to digest at the best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

IanCurtis wrote: »
    They may not be authentic, but they're the tastiest kebabs in Dublin. The Zaytoon/Iskanders ones have too much meat to veg and are hard to digest at the best of times.

:eek:

Taesteist kebabs in Dublin?? The red cabbage that is included is a joke

Kebabs are all about the meat and the rabbit food is just a filler:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i love the kebabs from istanbul in the epicurian food hall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

They are yum!!!Portions are huge aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

They use the same factory processed doner kebab spam meat like abrakedabra and that place in baggot st. Zaytoons or Iskanders for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 theno8eight

Hey, I'm pretty sure if you try Mirch Masala on North King Street you will be more than happy that you read this reply, call me an insider:cool:

Advertisement