Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodies Parquet Hardwood flooring

Options
  • 23-08-2008 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi,

I was in woodies the other day looking at hardwood flooring. I saw that they had Parquet hardwood flooring for 20 euro a sq. metre, 25 euro a sq. yard. This seems like a very reasonable price and I might go for it. Does anyone have any experience of this flooring? Is it good quality? Why does it seem so cheap in comparison to other flooring I have priced?

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 djml1980

Have seen this flooring before and to be honest its ok but not great quality. I was shopping around for about 4 months and found a company called quality carpentry solutions who had a great selection and not too far off woodies prices. I think I ended up paying 26 euro per square yard for a solid rustic oak which im delighted with. the company's email was info@carpentry.ie They might be able to help you out. If not the woodies stuff is ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 harry4141

I think the original poster, gimpotronitus , means €25 M2 and €20 Y2! The old style parquet flooring is very outdated now and anyway the small low quality "fingers" of wood often come loose. Go to Noyeks or one of the other well known sellers of wood flooring and get modern semi solid or solid floors at very reasonable prices. I bought in Noyeks recently and they always seem to have a sale!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

the cheaper stuff wont take a second sanding that well, but the more expensive ply semi solids will take 2 or 3 sandings. Depends on you budget.

Advertisement