Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Campus Accom move in date

• 23-08-2008 1:28pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know from which date we can move in? I'm sure it's on the forms but that's back at my parents' place. It's postgrad accom I'm in but I'm sure it's all the same.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭Innisfallen

30th of August I think for Postgrad....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 DracusWolf

It says on my forms that i can move in on the 21st of Septmeber. I've got the 9 month post grad residency so dont know if thats different from others. Hope that helps.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Thanks guys. 21st sounds right seeing as we're not starting until the 29 or something. Doubt they'd let us live there for a month if we're not learning anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Defenestrate

My form says the 21st too and I'm an undergraduate. Haha let you stay there extra? They let you in a week before the lectures and kick you out a few days after the exams! Moving out with a post celebratory hangover is no fun! :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I hear if i get a postgrad on the 23rd of september, guess I'm not living on campus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭pink-mist

I applied for 1st year accomodation back in february... I got accepted to my course but DCU hasnt sent out any info to me about when I'm in or if i got my apartment...

Is that normal or has everybody else heard from them?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭jennZ

pink-mist wrote: »
    I applied for 1st year accomodation back in february... I got accepted to my course but DCU hasnt sent out any info to me about when I'm in or if i got my apartment...

Is that normal or has everybody else heard from them?!

did you receive an e-mail confirmation that you've been given a room? I got an e-mail but the letter with all details (like bank account) got lost somewhere on the way and today I found out I have to pay till friday and I still don't have the bank account!!! They told me they'll send it to my e-mail as well but i've got nothing yet :confused:

No... i havn't recieved anything via email or post!

Only the letter from the cao saying that i got the course that i wanted, which i accepted online. But nothing from DCU themselves...

why don't you call them tomorrow and ask them? if you applied in february, it's quite likely you got a place.

Yeah good idea. I just thought I would have heard something by now about it. I mean its fine if i didnt get accom but i would have thought i'd have got a letter or something!

Also do you get any info about when to go in etc or do you just show up on the 22nd!?

• Advertisement

22nd i think. and if you got a room, 21st is the move-in date.
    I don't really think that DCU's service is the best... oh well, we'll have to get used to it I guess :P

Indeed!!

You a first year aswell, or are you a seasoned alcoholic college attender?
    Either way, what course are you taking?

I'm a first year undergraduate as well, coming all the way from Bulgaria lol! I'm going to do Communication Studies, what about you??? I am kind of afraid i am gonna be the only foreigner who's not doing an exchange programme but doing the whole course actually :D

Btw, we have to pay our uni taxes/levys prior to or during registration??

Cool, nah i doubt you'll be the only one. Plus, you're doing what u want thats all that matters ;)
    Im doing the science international programme with a science rather than a language, and i get to study abroad for a year in 3rd year :)

And i have NO idea about anything regarding fees... I really wish they'd send out some info on this stuff, its a bit confusing!

where do you wanna go to study or you still don't know??? Yeah, I am really glad bout my arrival, I've "dreamt" bout Ireland since 8 grade. I really like the country, don't know why... i just knew it was the right thing to do.

Well, i think they are going to send us info on registration in the beginning of Sept which will include our student ID number which is necessary for registration... So let's hope for the best! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Diarmaid07

I got all my info about staying on campus (Fresher in larkfield) last week, it had to be returned by today IIRC. Moving in from the 21st

Diarmaid07 wrote: »
    I got all my info about staying on campus (Fresher in larkfield) last week, it had to be returned by today IIRC. Moving in from the 21st

Lucky you! It takes at least a week for letters from IE to arrive here. That's why i told the secretary she should send me the bank account via e-mail. Oh well, at least they prolonged my date... Hope it all goes okay from now on.. I should be staying at Hampstead I think

Advertisement