Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

December 21st 2012 are you ready?

• 23-08-2008 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

December 21st 2012.

If you havent heard about this date you must be living under a rock or just to wrapped up in the London Olympics to think that 2012 is only connected to them!

Type 2012 into google, you tube and any other web search and you will find a whole vast amount of information about 2012.

Fo those of you who havent got a clue as to what Im talking about I will enlighten you!

December 21st 2012 is considered by a lot of people to be the date of something massive to happen to the earth. What happens is any ones guess but the most supported claims are,

The Galaxy aligns itself and creates a black whole that we are all sucked in!

Or

A planet (planet X) on a different orbit around our galaxy that Nasa and world governments know of but are keeping secret comes close to the earth causing a polar shift and creates world disaster. Denver Airport is supposed to have built recently a massive US base underneath it in preparation for US Government officials.

Many claim that the 2012 olympics are just a cover up for UK government bases to be built underground.

Others also claim that the large amount of wind turbines proping up all over Ireland and other countries are not to combat global warming but are in fact power sources for the "NEW WORLD ORDER" government that will rise from the ashes whilst the rest of us are dead or struggiling to survive!

What gives the whole 2012 debate some fuel is the fact the Myan Calender ends on Dcember 21st 2012 with the prediction of the end of the world. Also many other civilaziations have predicted 2012 to be the end of days.

So now you know the facts my question is does anyone beleive in the 2012 story and are building their own Bunker in their back garden, or just think it to be the latest scare story and end of the world theory!:D

As to myself, I certainly find it hard to beleive but when you dig around a little you do find a lot of evidence that tends to support the idea!

First of all you have the Myan Calendar.

Nasa in the 80`s reported a large object they had discovered in a strange orbit in our galaxy, but then the story dissapeared.

A new Aiport was built in Denver that had no technical advantages against the old airport however It does have a large area of land for no reason, It has many murials around the airport showing the end of the world, It has laser coded key panels that appear to open no doors, the Airport is built in the shape of a Nazi symbol! And strange of all the Airport was built by "The New World Commision"However no such organization exists!

As I have said it does take a massive leap of faith to beleive this, but whats the harm of stocking up on some extra water supplies (God knows the tap water is always contaminated anyhow!), And its never any harm to purchase a few extra cans of food!:D

I just wonder if I get a gun licence in time, :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Already posted a few times.
    We'll just wait and see, not long to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Thats my 25th birthday, Maybe im some sort of Messiah or angel of doom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Was this why 'I am Legend' was based in 2012?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

hmm im skeptical about it. but hey, it would be fun if something really bad happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Skeptic_Desu

FreedomJoe wrote: »
    December 21st 2012.

The Galaxy aligns itself and creates a black whole that we are all sucked in!
    No, it won't.
    A planet (planet X) on a different orbit around our galaxy that Nasa and world governments know of but are keeping secret comes close to the earth causing a polar shift and creates world disaster. Denver Airport is supposed to have built recently a massive US base underneath it in preparation for US Government officials.
    There is no Planet X.
    There are hundreds of smaller planetoids as yet undiscovered but none that would cause the end of the world.
    Many claim that the 2012 olympics are just a cover up for UK government bases to be built underground.
    Isn't this part of the plot of Akira?
    What gives the whole 2012 debate some fuel is the fact the Myan Calender ends on Dcember 21st 2012 with the prediction of the end of the world. Also many other civilaziations have predicted 2012 to be the end of days.
    Actually no the Mayans never predicted the world would end on that date, it's just that their Long Count Calender would reach it's end, a bit like when we past 2000 on ours. What other civilizations predicted the end in 2012?
    Nasa in the 80`s reported a large object they had discovered in a strange orbit in our galaxy, but then the story dissapeared.
    Can you link any information on this at all?
    Also are you confusing Galaxy with solar system?
    A new Aiport was built in Denver that had no technical advantages against the old airport however It does have a large area of land for no reason, It has many murials around the airport showing the end of the world, It has laser coded key panels that appear to open no doors, the Airport is built in the shape of a Nazi symbol! And strange of all the Airport was built by "The New World Commision"However no such organization exists!
    How exactly has this any bearing on whether the world will end?

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4093

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭FreedomJoe

No, it won't.

There is no Planet X.
    There are hundreds of smaller planetoids as yet undiscovered but none that would cause the end of the world.

Isn't this part of the plot of Akira?

Actually no the Mayans never predicted the world would end on that date, it's just that their Long Count Calender would reach it's end, a bit like when we past 2000 on ours. What other civilizations predicted the end in 2012?

Can you link any information on this at all?
    Also are you confusing Galaxy with solar system?

How exactly has this any bearing on whether the world will end?

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4093

The Denver airport theory is supposed to that the US government know about the coming end of days and have built a large complex at Denver Airport to accomodate all the people they want to save including themselves. Denver is special because of Colarado and the location of the state.

In reference to the opjects discovered Nasa I found the details on the following link on you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S0bj76389U

The Denver airport theory is supposed to th
    at the US government know about the coming end of days and have built a large complex at Denver Airport to accomodate all the people they want to save including themselves. Denver is special because of Colarado and the location of the state.

In reference to the opjects discovered Nasa I found the details on the following link on you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S0bj76389U
    Gasp, the US building a huge secret bunker they've never done that before.
    There are hundreds of trans neptunian objects recently found. Why exactly would they be a danger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

dancor wrote: »
    Thats my 25th birthday, Maybe im some sort of Messiah or angel of doom.

I turn 25 the day before that. So near yet so far:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=543

Pretty obvious Swaztika there. Proof that the world will end on 21/12/12!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,605 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

The Hadron Collider (based in Europe) and the Haughey Collider (based in India) could all be a part of something. If anyone has an atlas, what is directly at the back of the france/switzerland countries? Interesting if it was India...

antodeco wrote: »
    The Hadron Collider (based in Europe) and the Haughey Collider (based in India) could all be a part of something. If anyone has an atlas, what is directly at the back of the france/switzerland countries? Interesting if it was India...
    You are joking right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 John Titor 2036

I am John Titor, the real John Titor from 2036. I am sending you this message, there will be a great disaster in 2012, rest assured, my predictions will come true, the reason they haven't yet is due to the divergence effect caused by my original presence in your timeline. The divergence unexpectedly expanded at a geometric rate, basically what will happen is going to, but in a different sequence of events in the near future.

An alien of immense power and subterfuge, who you shall know by the name of Legion, is responsible for the ensuing world war, for the effects that have ravaged my world in and which will destroy yours soon. It is not like anything you know, it seeks to expand itself into all timelines, all conceivable corners of reality. This is its raison d'etre. It is not merely interested in growing, it IS growth, it is a sentient virus, an intelligence which increases at a phenomenal rate as it continues to develop.

This is what the Mayans alluded to in their limited understanding of what is happening within the multiverse. They were contacted by an alien species aware of Legions existence and its objectives. They have since become corrupted by Legion and have maintained contact with the prime administration of earth, The United States government, who are also actively colluding against the human race. This is happening on many worlds throughout the cosmos and the multiverse itself. The nature of its mind is incomprehensible. It plans its mega complex multifaceted strategies over myas. It fears humans the most though as the nature of our technological progress will, over the aeons, represent a serious threat to its growth. So exposing it is the first step towards its defeat. This is the truth, take it or leave it. The tools to fight back will become apparent when our understanding of reality is expanded into many dimensions, this is already happening with the CERN tests in progress. Good luck my friends.

I am John Titor, the real John Titor from 2036. I am sending you this message, there will be a great disaster in 2012, rest assured, my predictions will come true, the reason they haven't yet is due to the divergence effect caused by my original presence in your timeline. The divergence unexpectedly expanded at a geometric rate, basically what will happen is going to, but in a different sequence of events in the near future.

An alien of immense power and subterfuge, who you shall know by the name of Legion, is responsible for the ensuing world war, for the effects that have ravaged my world in and which will destroy yours soon. It is not like anything you know, it seeks to expand itself into all timelines, all conceivable corners of reality. This is its raison d'etre. It is not merely interested in growing, it IS growth, it is a sentient virus, an intelligence which increases at a phenomenal rate as it continues to develop.

This is what the Mayans alluded to in their limited understanding of what is happening within the multiverse. They were contacted by an alien species aware of Legions existence and its objectives. They have since become corrupted by Legion and have maintained contact with the prime administration of earth, The United States government, who are also actively colluding against the human race. This is happening on many worlds throughout the cosmos and the multiverse itself. The nature of its mind is incomprehensible. It plans its mega complex multifaceted strategies over myas. It fears humans the most though as the nature of our technological progress will, over the aeons, represent a serious threat to its growth. So exposing it is the first step towards its defeat. This is the truth, take it or leave it. The tools to fight back will become apparent when our understanding of reality is expanded into many dimensions, this is already happening with the CERN tests in progress. Good luck my friends.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor#Examination_of_the_claims :rolleyes:
    gonna prove any of this at all?

I don't have any time, keeping this micro fissure open to post here is trouble enough and will soon collapse. As I've said there has been a divergence effect. My proof will become increasingly evident from 2011-2012. Just wait it out.

I don't have any time, keeping this micro fissure open to post here is trouble enough and will soon collapse. As I've said there has been a divergence effect. My proof will become increasingly evident from 2011-2012. Just wait it out.
    So rather than using your 'mirco fissure':rolleyes: to broadcast on a tv channel or anything, you post on a fairly obscure board?

Can you blame me for being a teeny bit skeptical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

The internet has changed so much, I can't believe how incredulous people are these days. :(

So rather than using your 'mirco fissure':rolleyes: to broadcast on a tv channel or anything, you post on a fairly obscure board?

Can you blame me for being a teeny bit skeptical.

One of you here...will become a valuable asset.

Goodbye.

One of you here...will become a valuable asset.

Goodbye.
    We'll watch out from killer robots sent for the future, disguised as Austrian body builders then.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Kama

Bit off-topic tbh, this is the *2012* thread; you know, Mayans, Terence McKenna, Nibiru, PoleShift And All That...Time Travelling army men should go to here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

The Mayan (Long Count) calendar does on such thing.

12.19.19.17.19 Occurs on December 20th, 2012.
    December 21st will be the start of the fourteenth b'ak'tun, with a data of 13.0.0.0.0
    December 22nd will be the second day of the fourteenth b'ak'tun, with a date of 13.0.0.0.1
    And so on.

The (innacurate) claim of "the end of the calendar" is related to the writings in the Popul Vuh, which says we are in the fourth "world" and that the third ended with a data of 12.19.19.17.19.

This would put the end of the second / start of the third "world" around mid-August, 3114 CE. The world didn't end then, so I'm going to tend to believe that it won't end this time around either....even if the Mayan belief is that all "worlds" lasted and will last exactly as long as each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

You've got a chance to make four posts from the future and you waste a quarter of them on the bands and music forum?

Diogenes wrote: »
    You've got a chance to make four posts from the future and you waste a quarter of them on the bands and music forum?

Hey, I have to relax too sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Hey, I have to relax too sometimes.

You also have to STFU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭justcallmetex

http://www.thetruthishere.com/denvermurals.html

Denver Airport murals..............Weird.

Seemed like pretty good murals with pretty weird commentary imposed on 'em to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Toiletroll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Kama wrote: »
    Seemed like pretty good murals with pretty weird commentary imposed on 'em to me.

Yeah that's what I was thinking.

To bring it back on topic to the OP, I'd like to firmly answer 'NO'.
    I'm not ready. Partly from not being as 2012-believer as I was in the late 90's, partly from not being as developed and together as I want(ed) to be.

I was very convinced on this meme back then, having contracted it from McKennas TimeWave Zero, with 2012 as the peak of novelty, and looked at that as the 'end-point' by which one should have one's act together. Which lets face it, truth or otherwise of the meme, isn't that bad an idea. Having even an arbitrary point in time to get anything done by is a useful exercise on the whole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

Toiletroll wrote: »

my god, its all happening, the world will end, what are we going to do

But seriously nothing will happen on december 21 2012 but it;d be cool if something did or happened on some other planet by a fluke just to make it interesting

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Just lokin at Bonkeys post there again, if we were to take the Mayan long form calendar at facevalue as a countdown to the end of the world then surely it would be when the counter reset after 19 long counts this is just 14 so there are 5 more iterations of the calendar before the worlds ends or at least another milenium if we were to believe that the Mayans had figured out the end of the world

SCrew the Tzolkin, its all about Terence McKenna. Ancient society versus a guy on mushrooms, I know which I trust more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Just lokin at Bonkeys post there again, if we were to take the Mayan long form calendar at facevalue as a countdown to the end of the world then surely it would be when the counter reset after 19 long counts this is just 14 so there are 5 more iterations of the calendar before the worlds ends or at least another milenium if we were to believe that the Mayans had figured out the end of the world

That argument smacks somewhat of someone looking at today's date, and predicting that the end of the world must be 9999, because our year system runs out then.

Our year system doesn't run out then. We just don't need to use more than 4 digits at present.

If you check up the Mayan Long Calendar even somewhere like wikipedia, you'll find that there are known citations from Mayan writings which referred to future dates. They had figured out how to reference past "the end".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

hmmm... I predict that it will be another normal day and that nothing out of the ordinary will happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

No way, something big is going to happen, all the pieces are falling into place...

• Advertisement

Yar, teh apocapalipstick is proceeding according to plan! Get ready for the pole shift, people!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

ah yes thePole Shift, how many times has that happened before? I seem to recall something about a lot of ancient civilisations basing everything on a southern orientated compass ( no it wasnt just a case of the same as we do but upside down, something about the calculation o Magneticnorth and its movements being the opposite of what it does now)

the other one that always interested me was the whole Glacial Shelf causing the earths crust to slip one day in the middle of the Ice age.

and Yes Bonkey thats exactly what I meant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I am John Titor, the real John Titor from 2036.

If you read any of the John Titor stuff you would know technically you couldn't be. Still its fun to pretend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

We will all wake up on 22/12/2012 and nothing will have happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Is this the same thing as 11:11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Sure 1998 was supposed to be the year also, *they* just keep pushing that damn date out. :D:D:D

"Nothing ever happens, nothing happens at all" Del Amitri.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Smudgeyboy

I may be able to shed some light here, a lot of bad information about 2012 online.

The Mayans predicted an end of an age and a beginning of a new one. To bring about this, an enlightening sap would appear from a wormhole. Sap...Sub Atomic Particle.

Here is the drawing
    http://www.williamhenry.net/dis_maya.jpg

The Nibiru is this wormhole, which is why its called Plant X

'X' Wormhole symbol- http://universe-review.ca/I15-61-wormhole1.jpg

You should watch Stargate 2012 by William Henry, he really knows his stuff. Combine it with Terence McKenna's work for the real truth! They fit together like man and woman.

There's endless amounts of wormhole imagery all throughout history.

www.williamhenry.net

You guys talking about Cern are on the right track

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

I think he is talking about electomagnetic induction into the sun from stars in the galaxy in 2012 in this video and civilisation on earth will basically be leveller with the effects on earth from this :

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1836306637510497206&hl=en

Please don't resurrect such old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement