Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Withdrew Money Online - Wrong Expiry Date on Laser Card

Options
  • 23-08-2008 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭

Hopefully I'm in the right forum!

I was making an application to withdraw money from an online account of mine and gave my laser card details for the money to be lodged into.

Normally this goes perfectly well however I accidentally put in the wrong expiry date for my laser card. The website did not realise this and told me that the transaction was a success.

Two questions, really

1) Will the money actually be lodged back into my bank account as the laser card number and name/address details are all correct. and

2) If it does go through without a hitch, isn't that a little bit unnerving? I've seen this happen with money being taken from my credit card even though it had reached the expiry date of card before it's re-issue.

Either way I'll just prefer to have this lodgement made into my account so I won't have to worry about it being in some sort of limbo. :D

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

just wait and see;)

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

yea im surprised it was a success. I have put in wrong expiry date for my credit card & transaction was not allowed. I would give the bank a ring if i was you. I know with electronic transfers all details must be correct.

Advertisement