Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

planning retention difficulties

• 23-08-2008 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello all and apologies if similar has been posted before and for the long windedness of it!!
    My siblings and I are trying to sell our deceased parents home. Not easy!!
    After probate etc.. (no wills) which took 18 months we finally got a buyer who then pulled out when it was discovered my father had renovated the original property without correct planning permission 30 years ago
    Long story short:
    Got an engineer/arcitecht to draw up retention plans-gave us a bill of 5 and 1/2K!!
    Then got refused by KCC on the grounds of Line of sight difficulties and a problem with what our property did with rain water which came off the roadway.
    Went back to engineer who advised line of sight difficulties (requires 80 mt sight each way coming out of driveway)could be solved by asking neighbour to cut hedges-did tHis and council not happy. He then drew up new plans for the driveway (for which a charge will follow) which have now been refused again!! Also he answered further quesitons on road rain water drainage whih they are still not satisfied with.

My questions to those in the know are:
    Line of Sight
    Council keep telling us its NRA requirments but we cant understand as retention was for modifications to house (which council are happy with) Driveway and front wall have been as iit is since the property was built 100 years ago by CIE (old railway cottage).Can they really do this given the lenght of tiime it is there? What do people with older properties do?
    Their proposal is signage for roadway-concealed entrance (no prob with this) and dangerous junction(surely NRA's issue). This will be approx5k for them to do and they are sending us plans/bil. Surely this does not sound right??
    Also we have had to make all the calls here-engineer has been useless.

How our property deals with rain water from roadway?
    We ended up getting involved with council and amswering rain water issues which they are now happy with-engineer has been of no help here.
    He gave them incorrect info about our soak holes to begin with!
    This is now solved but again-what do you think I should do about engineer?

Sorry for the long post and I hope someone is interested and can help. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Once is enough to post your query.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement