Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short hair on women....opinions of the ladies and lads...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

ah. in which case i think i may be reading from a different book frmo you altogether to start with...

Probably :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

alie wrote: »
    Depends where the hair is?

I think if the hair was anywhere other than on the head the replies would be different. I cant see many men in here saying they love rummaging through willknots to get to the juicy bits :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Zaph wrote: »
    Probably :D

lol.. .i say it knowing that most people will probably disagree with me... what im really looking for is one person to say 'aw yeah! done that! you need to go to XYZ'. *continues waiting*

heard a coupla people i wanna get in touch with, just gotta convince them to go near hair for the first time in 30ish years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Unless they have a strikingly beautiful face, then no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Trinity1 wrote: »
    I think if the hair was anywhere other than on the head the replies would be different. I cant see many men in here saying they love rummaging through willknots to get to the juicy bits :eek:
    French women dont shave down there . And i was joking.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Blonde dreds are so lovely. My boyf loves them.

girl_pic_large.jpg

Waikiki1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

that's the kinda encouragement i need! except the blonde bit... but, y'no, we can work around them for the mo...

So was I :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

I cut my hair short about a year ago. Then cut it REALLY short in January. It's great, really easy to handle but I'm going to be growing it longer now just for the change.

I'm not the best looking girl around & all have told me it looks good (unless they were all lying..:P )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Dreads on women look lovely I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Depends really on the girls hair and face honestly. I would say if I'm honest I would be attracted to girls with longer hair than shorter hair but I've seen some short haired girls that are stunning. ^^ Above Blonde dreads looks v hot

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

IMO short hair only suits oul ones. It's the kinda thing you do when you hit your 40s and you're a mammy. Generalisation I know but that's just how I think of a woman when I see short hair. Certainly not sexy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Xavi6 wrote: »
    IMO short hair only suits oul ones. It's the kinda thing you do when you hit your 40s and you're a mammy. Generalisation I know but that's just how I think of a woman when I see short hair. Certainly not sexy.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Cheers

:confused: You're welcome?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

taconnol wrote: »
    I cut my hair short about a year ago. Then cut it REALLY short in January. It's great, really easy to handle but I'm going to be growing it longer now just for the change.

I'm not the best looking girl around & all have told me it looks good (unless they were all lying..:P )

I've very short hair too (used have a bob) and most people think it looks better short

I don't really like dreads, I'd agree with Zaph's view there :)

Manu,

Just saw ur pic on the other thread and I would take you as a good example of short hair that really suits the girl, dont know what you looked with song hair but you get my point.

Manu,

Just saw ur pic on the other thread and I would take you as a good example of short hair that really suits the girl, dont know what you looked with song hair but you get my point.

Cheers man:D

Id post a longhaired foto but i cant find any decent ones!!!

Ok before we get into girls with treads down there lets move on :p .......... oh too late :(

Ok before we get into girls with treads down there lets move on :p .......... oh too late :(

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Thats an awful thought!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I think you need to have one of those cute elfin faces to pull off really short hair. My face is just too big for it (well you know what I mean), it would look totally wrong. I even have a funny shaped head, not noticeable with my quite long hair but if it was short it would prob be pretty obvious. (I can't even buy hats in normal shops!) :(

It does look great on you though manukahoney! I'd look a right eejit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Will wrote: »
    Dreads on women look lovely I think.

pics please?Don't think ive ever seen a white woman look good with dreads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

pics please?Don't think ive ever seen a white woman look good with dreads.

Bo Derek in 10.

19entderek.jpg

Meh,the dreads do nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

I haven't had long hair in over ten years. But because of a bleaching disaster earlier in the year i had to cut my hair up short short as it was in such bad condition. At the moment i feel its very very short and almost unfeminine. I was mistaken for a boy last week(granted I was in a wetsuit at the time):eek: and I cant wait for it to grow. But in other ways i like it and find it so easy to keep!! and i can funk it up or smooth it down as needed

My girly friends just think i have guts to have my hair so short.I've had men say to me its too short, and i've had other men to say they like it.

So, women and short hair....whaddya reckon??

I've seen your photo and it really suits you, but you're one of the few I think.

I'd make dogs howl if I had short hair.......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

certain women can pull it off, others cant. it depends on the face & the frame. bigger women with short hair can often end up looking butch.

it seems after a certain age its nearly mandatory that you cut your hair short? i have really long hair, most of the way down my back & i LOVE it, i hate when it gets cut too short (& by too short i mean maybe 1/3 down my back). i cant imagine having to "grow up" & get a shorter cut :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

I had a hair disaster too this year, it was awful and it was soooo short. It looked so bad on me it was unreal. It was above chin short.

I think it depends ont he person tho, have seen some stunning women with short hair. And I do think yours suits you.

sar84 wrote: »
    certain women can pull it off, others cant. it depends on the face & the frame. bigger women with short hair can often end up looking butch.

it seems after a certain age its nearly mandatory that you cut your hair short? i have really long hair, most of the way down my back & i LOVE it, i hate when it gets cut too short (& by too short i mean maybe 1/3 down my back). i cant imagine having to "grow up" & get a shorter cut :(

I often wondered about this too. I am 33 and kind of wondering how long i can get away with long hair.

Older woman with long hair are kind of seen as mutton dressed as lamb or not wanting to grow up (not my opinion!). The shorter hair just seems more sophisticated on mature ladies. By shorter i mean even a bob of some description.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Older woman with long hair are kind of seen as mutton dressed as lamb or not wanting to grow up (not my opinion!)..

i always find older people just look weird with long hair. i saw a girl at the bus stop once & from behind she had beautiful long hair. then she turned to get on the bus & she was old! (55+ at a very very rough guess) she looked like a witch or something :(

i cant imagine ever wanting to cut my hair :(

I often wondered about this too. I am 33 and kind of wondering how long i can get away with long hair.

Older woman with long hair are kind of seen as mutton dressed as lamb or not wanting to grow up (not my opinion!). The shorter hair just seems more sophisticated on mature ladies. By shorter i mean even a bob of some description.

just don't get a perm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I've had short hair for the last 9 years, I can't imagine ever having it long again. I really don't like my hair once it gets past a certain length, and I like when it's really, really short.

It looks fantastic on some people - but others it doesn't look quite as good.

Advertisement