Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short hair on women....opinions of the ladies and lads...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭twinkle77

I have had every hair length possible from waist to shaved :D I have to say my favourite is the shaved!! The whole really short thing did bother me as I was afraid that it would look a bit to butch but i make up for that in the way that is dress. Now there are days when i cant be bother and dress really casual and i probably look a bit butch but dont care. Generally i dress girly.

My hair at the moment is not shaved but as short as it can be cut with a scissors(long story) and blonde, its been like that for about 5 or 6 yrs and love it!! Cant imagine it anyother way even though I am getting bored with it and have now idea what else to do with it????????:confused:

When i got it cut first it shocked people but it also got loads of complements and still does, most people really like it. At the end of the all that matters is if YOU do.

Stay short.......not may of us are brave enough to do it.....its GR8!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Why, if you don't care? :confused:

I dont mind woman with short hair but would like to know the result:pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

twinkle77 wrote: »
    I have had every hair length possible from waist to shaved :D I have to say my favourite is the shaved!! The whole really short thing did bother me as I was afraid that it would look a bit to butch but i make up for that in the way that is dress. Now there are days when i cant be bother and dress really casual and i probably look a bit butch but dont care. Generally i dress girly.

My hair at the moment is not shaved but as short as it can be cut with a scissors(long story) and blonde, its been like that for about 5 or 6 yrs and love it!! Cant imagine it anyother way even though I am getting bored with it and have now idea what else to do with it????????:confused:

When i got it cut first it shocked people but it also got loads of complements and still does, most people really like it. At the end of the all that matters is if YOU do.

Stay short.......not may of us are brave enough to do it.....its GR8!!!!:D

You'd have to start growing it out, I've done that (I had a shaved head when I was younger) and it takes a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My inner lazy hobo would love to try shaving my head at some stage, but I'm worried that it'd look terrible!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

My inner lazy hobo would love to try shaving my head at some stage, but I'm worried that it'd look terrible!

If you look ok with short hair (very very very short hair) then you'll look ok with a shaved head imo. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

A beautiful face can usually carry off anything. Like Natalie Portman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

Cheers man:D

Id post a longhaired foto but i cant find any decent ones!!!

Where's the photo???

Short hair on women is so sexy. Agree totally with Pillypen, saw manukahoney's pic and she is a perfect example of why some guys adore women with short hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

Oh just found it. It suits you. You have a feminine face so there's no is-it-a-boy-is-it-a-girl issues. You have quite a bit of length left on the top too. You can definitely carry it off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Hair length has a lot to do with the characteristics of your face, body, and age. I know some may call me for being not PC regarding age, but pig tails on a middle aged woman just looks weird to me, as well as some other typically pre-teen, teen or young adult cuts on middle aged or older women. Then again, you are free to do as you like and express your individualism, but the OP asked for an opinion.

I am a bit on the tall side (5'10") and athletically thin (I'm into 2 strenuous sports), and wear my hair just below the shoulders, or in pony when working out, and just like it that way. Methinks that long hair goes well with tall and slender, but that's just my opinion. Had to cut my hair short once, and just hated the look on me, and could not grow it back fast enough! When a teen, I grew it to the small of my back, often braiding it, and just loved it, but it's a lot of work and just not practical for the work I occasionally do.

@Jeremiah 16:1... Portman looked grand during the first part of the film "V", and terrible when she got a buzz cut down to nothing! It was almost as bad as her fake accent in that film!

• Advertisement

@Jeremiah 16:1... Portman looked grand during the first part of the film "V", and terrible when she got a buzz cut down to nothing! It was almost as bad as her fake accent in that film!

I disagree.:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I disagree.:)
    You disagree about what? OK, to clarify, I'll write a multiple-guess question below...

Instructions: You may select one or more of the below answers.

Regarding Portman in the film "V", you disagree that:
    a. Portman looked grand before they cut all her hair off
    b. Portman looked terrible after they gave her a buzz cut
    c. Portman's fake accent was more terrible than her buzz cut
    d. You are just being disagreeable with me
    e. All of the above
    f. Atari jaguar, Yor Ma, and Fail!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Natalie Portman looked bloody awesome after the buzz cut, dammit!

Natalie Portman looked bloody awesome after the buzz cut, dammit!
    I would agree with you in your sentence up to the word "bloody." I would add Demi Moore to the terrible buzz cut look. I also thought the Alien looked better than Sigourney Weaver after she got her buzz cut in Aliens III.:pac::eek:

You disagree about what? OK, to clarify, I'll write a multiple-guess question below...

Instructions: You may select one or more of the below answers.

Regarding Portman in the film "V", you disagree that:
    a. Portman looked grand before they cut all her hair off
    b. Portman looked terrible after they gave her a buzz cut
    c. Portman's fake accent was more terrible than her buzz cut
    d. You are just being disagreeable with me
    e. All of the above
    f. Atari jaguar, Yor Ma, and Fail!

a. Agree
    b. Disagree
    c. Disagree
    d. Disagree
    e. I saw a spider in the bath last night.
    f. My Ma plays Atari Jaguar, but always Fail!(s) when she gets to the advanced levels.

Is Blue Lagoon going to cross swords scissors with me again, tonight?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

I like the "punked up" spikey messy kind of short hair on a girl. (Yes yes I know my command of hair dressing adjectives is shockingly poor!) It looks very good on you in your picture Manu and it's definitely better dark than bleached.

P.S. If you were mistaken for a boy in your wetsuit it's clearly not tight enough :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Drift wrote: »
    I

P.S. If you were mistaken for a boy in your wetsuit it's clearly not tight enough :D

Ha! Its too chunky to be in any way flattering, 12ml semi-dry!!

I did have a hat on at the time tho; the funniest thing was the guy who thought i was male commented in Irish to one of the other lads that he thought i was a boy, and then got such a land when i answered him in Irish saying that I thought that was very harsh and that i was all woman!!

He was muchos embarrassed:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

A girl covered from head to toe in 12mm of rubber. :pac:

Uh oh. Said too much already. I'd better log off before I end up in the thread about the weird men the LL ladies have met :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

I think that short hair on women depends totally on the face...she doesn't particularly have to be beautiful but I think that you need something about you to carry it off. I have had my hair very short for about 15 years and love it. I do it because my hair is really fine and looks pants when it's long and I've finally accepted that! When I look back at my 'big' pictures I looked awful with short hair :mad: My pic is up in the other thread and I haven't had any bad comments..not to my face anyways :P

However, when I get it cut with someone new I always tell them to take it short, but not Prisoner Cell Block H dungaree short :D!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭john_aero

depends on how short is short, some have it way too short but as already pointed out it realy depends on thier face and body shape. also thir personality realy defines it too

• Advertisement

john_aero wrote: »
    it realy depends on thier face and body shape. also thir personality realy defines it too

:confused::confused::confused:

Explain....

if you are short and broad then short hair generaly does not suit women, go look arounf google images for short or long hair and you will see that some people can have short hair and it suits the shape of thier face or body size/height. as for personality some people are out going and wild etc. and various hair cuts will suit thier attitude and personality.

if you are short and broad then short hair generaly does not suit women, go look arounf google images for short or long hair and you will see that some people can have short hair and it suits the shape of thier face or body size/height. as for personality some people are out going and wild etc. and various hair cuts will suit thier attitude and personality.

what about tall and broad with short hair then??

And what sort of a personality suits short hair pray tell....

no exact way, you will be able see it when you look at peoples good and bad hair styles what suits some people.

and then the other issue of what you like and others like can vary.

no exact way, you will be able see it when you look at peoples good and bad hair styles what suits some people.

and then the other issue of what you like and others like can vary.

so what sort of personality suits short hair then??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

the personality of a fox!
    Seriously tho, iv always found women with shorter hair attractive, it excudes confidence almost a rebellious kinda streak.

and Manukahoney, iv seen your pic on the other thread, one word: Quality!

skelliser wrote: »
    the personality of a fox!
    Seriously tho, iv always found women with shorter hair attractive, it excudes confidence almost a rebellious kinda streak.

and Manukahoney, iv seen your pic on the other thread, one word: Quality!

Why thank you:o

Watch out for all the foxy short haired women in Gaillimh so!!!

couldnt tell you just seen some people and realy suits them and other its just not who they are.

What colour short hair is best on a girl then???

Personally i think dark, but thats only cos the blonde on me was gick....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i approve of this threads topic.

Advertisement