Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short hair on women....opinions of the ladies and lads...

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i had a sinead o'connor type hair cut for years.

am considering going back and getting it done again tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

What colour short hair is best on a girl then???

Personally i think dark, but thats only cos the blonde on me was gick....

I'm blonde and have short hair, but if I wasn't so fair (I'm ridiculously pale) I'd dye my hair dark brown or black.

Irishbird - I'm seriously contemplating something similar. Partly because I'm curious as to how that would look on me, and partly because I'd like something that can be cut by a barber because I'm so broke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I think it depends on the person - some have faces/heads that short hair suits, others don't.

My mother got all my hair lopped off when I was 11/12 and man that was awful - I looked like a boy (cuz of the age I was at too) got teased & it took ages to grow out properly.
    Granted it was fantastic, quick wash n dry & you were done but I much prefer my long hair.

I actually have a fear of getting it cut shorter than my shoulders.

But some women look fab with short hair

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Short hair, yes please... think it looks quite sexy. Remember a couple of friends in college who shaved their heads and they looked pretty damn hot before it grew out. Plus the practical side - no stray hair getting in the way when you're kissing/making out/etc...

Dreads, sorry, no thanks, not my taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭hiltonhater

i think i would look hideous with short hair to be honest but wouldnt mind dying it brown or something - artificial intelligence reasons only of course!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    I love Rihanna's short hair. She looks really sexy and sophisticated. Hard to believe she's only 20!

rihanna-short-crop-hairstyle.jpg

Alien face tbh.

Short hair suits those with strong features and the confidence to pull it off. I'll never be trying it either way, I love my long hair too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

I love my long hair too. I dont think short hair would suit me- could not pull it off. You must have fab bone structure to look good, like rihanna.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

irishbird wrote: »
    i had a sinead o'connor type hair cut for years.

am considering going back and getting it done again tbh

Pics or... :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Zaph wrote: »
    Pics or... :D

yeah, yeah,i know tom dunne keeps asking for them as well, i need to find some and someone with a scanner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

irishbird wrote: »
    yeah, yeah,i know tom dunne keeps asking for them as well, i need to find some and someone with a scanner
    oops :o

the first time i read that sentence I just scanned the end and saw:

"yeah, yeah,i know tom dunne keeps asking for them as well, i need to find some and someone with a cancer"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I prefer long hair on a lady. I dont dig the whole short hair thing.

While its easy to post a picture of a naturally pretty girl and say he looks nice with short hair, i feel that she looks nicer with longer hair.

Many women seem to cut their hair when they get older because they think it makes them young younger. It doesnt.

Long hair looks way sezzier when wet than short hair ever will!!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭john_aero

faceman wrote: »
    Many women seem to cut their hair when they get older because they think it makes them young younger. It doesnt.

always wondered this, why do some women cut hair short when they settle down or grow bit older as you see pics of thm in their younger years or maybe 1-2 years ago with longer hair and they look much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

faceman wrote: »
    Given that I've had short hair since I was 15, I don't think this is necessarily true.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭anucksunamun

'they' as in fashion magazines etc recommend women cut their hair shorter when they get older, and dye it 2-3 shades lighter than their original colour. I completely disagree with this.. I think older ladies with long hair can be extremely glamourous. As to the short hair, at 21, my hair was about 2 inches long, and purple in colour, I had it spiked and used glitter hair spray, with a little clip holding back my tiny fringe, I still get people asking my why i changed it (i'm 27 now) and when will i change it back. I've had it every colour under the sun at this stage, and have reverted to my blonde, I had it half way down my back, until last week... hehe.. I got a short bob, and I LOVE it! and my b/f who has often said he hates short hair... LOVES it.. hehe... short hair is all about your attitude, if you like it... others will.. also, I think there are different kinds of short hair for different face shapes.. and a good hairdresser makes all the difference. And the biggest benefit... wash and rub with a towel.. done! Short hair is kickass!! heres some funky short styles http://www.sofeminine.co.uk/mag/beauty/d2241/x14119.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Pretty girls with short hair are very pretty.

In general I prefer short hair to long hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

I really don't like short hair, it puts me right off no matter how good she looks other wise, all my past girlfriends and my current GF have long hair. that's just my opinion though!

different strokes for different folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Propellerhead

The 'burbs are full of women with horrible, short, low maintenance and frankly butch hairdon'ts.

Not attractive to me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I love long hair, always have. I don't call shoulder-length hair long, that's short! Long hair has to be at least half-way down the back imo.

Anyway, despite this I remember bumping into a girl one day in Uni and I fancied her straight away (long hair ftw!). I didn't see the girl around campus again and promptly forgot about her.

Anyway a few months later I was at an event in the Uni and bumped into this beauty who despite having a short, angled, bob was really attracted me. I really fancied her despite the short hair (A first for me). So we ended up going out for a while and six months later I woke one morning, looked at her and said..."Wait a minute, you're the long-haired girl!!!". Of course, I had to explain that to her.

It turns out that the short-haired beauty and the girl with the long hair I had met and forgotten about were one and the same :o

So we went out for a few more years and last year we got married. So I know she's special because I fell in love with a short-haired girl!! :D Her hair is long now though :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Wait sorry i forgot to add, its all about personality :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Wow, i just saw fotos of my hair in june....it actually was a buzz cut with a fringe:eek: so so butch, i had no idea!!!

I dont think that look is any good on a girl!!!

ITs grown a serious amount since actually...bob by christmas me hopes!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I like both short and long hair.
    Short because I can see a girl's neck and mmm :rolleyes:
    I also prefer short hair (shoulder length) in bed as I hate having long hair in my eyes..really annoys me unless the girl has it in a ponytail ..

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

depends on the girl. Id never do it I love my long hair. besides, ive no boobs so id just look like a boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

depends on the girl. Id never do it I love my long hair. besides, ive no boobs so id just look like a boy!

any more than a mouthful's a waste :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Marie from Roxette <3

roxette+%5Blisten_to_your_heart%5D+1990+5-00+m6rock+rock80.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

I got my hair chopped at christmas time (it's something I do every few years) and I much preferred it short than long, so much easier to manage! My confidence in it was shattered when one of my lad friends told me I looked like a dyke every time he was drunk, so it's now semi long again... only a matter of time though.

I much, much prefer the look of short hair than long hair on women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I was looking at a few pics of me last year with long hair and I look skanky(ier) with it. Shorter hair = lower maintanance = I look slightly less skanky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

:)I got my hair chopped last thursday. was in a pretty bad mood for most of last week between hangover and losing semi final(bogball fin for this year) and i went down to the usual girl i get to do my hair and said i want it Rihanna short!! short hair is so much handy next thing on the agenda is blonde streaks !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

ive had short hair for years, i got it cut when i was a kid, and just never went back!
    i went REALLY short once, i got quite depressed actually, i felt way too manish! i have a little lenght in it now so its not too bad- and its pink :D
    but i love short hair on girls!! i dont really like long hair at all! its boring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 citeal

i hate short hair on girls, just hate it. I don't care how much work my long, ridiculously thick head of hair requires, i'm never getting rid. Unless my occasional bout of alopecia takes over... think i'd kill myself!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Well, Posh has gone short.....

www.perezhilton.com

Aren't all us short=haired types delighted with such news.....

Advertisement