Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB account and house move

Options
  • 23-08-2008 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I moved to a new place in May, called ESB to close the old account and to reopen at the new place. That went fine until i got first letter from esb 2 weeks later saying that as a new customer I need to provide a direct debit details. I rung them again, very nice chap was on the line - explained what I wanted.

Everything I thought was sorted as the guy confirmed the move, and I even got confirmation letter (again), and a letter saying that I was overcharged when my previous meter was read. I was suprised a week ago when esb sent me a text (where did they find my mobile?) that I need to pay a bill.

The question I have is - should I call them again and pay the bill ? Or will they use the direct debit details which they've been using for the last few years? Do you have similar experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Never knew the esb sent out texts to remind you to pay your bill..better off calling them again to be absolutely sure that there taking the DD,did you actually close the 1st esb account and then got a new account or did you just switch the billing meter?

Advertisement