Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The true face of a unionist and Bloody Sunday

Options
  • 23-08-2008 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

Here is a letter that was sent to the parents of one of the victims of Bloody Sunday, James ('Jim') Wray who was shot and wounded and then shot again while lying on the ground. Witnesses said that he was calling out to say that he could not move his legs before he was shot the second time. It has been put on display by his family in Derry. It should be noted that right up to this day, the 'moderate' unionist parties - UUP and DUP, still have refussed to condemn the murders that day.

Loughgall
    Co. Armagh
    1st February 1972

Dear Mr and Mrs Wray (James and Sarah),

As I hold no regrets whatsoever for the death of your son James there doesn't be so much talk or fuss when some of the poor soldiers or policemen are brutally murdered in cold blood by the so called "Irish Rats Association". Yes, the “I.R.A.” are the cowards, as your son was not shot by a cowards bullet, and he was not murdered, he was happily killed because he was a terrorist along with his other twelve Rebel friends.

Also remember that our troops are not serving on foreign grounds, Northern Ireland is part of the “United Kingdom”, so the army is at home on British Territory. If you don't like living in this country, why don't you then move south or west to the bloody Free State? There we wouldn't have to pay you out our welfare benefits and allowances which you are gladly accepting under “Her Majesty The Queen”.

“May sweet Jesus have mercy on his soul”, ha! ha! what a laugh, that's what it says at your son's death in the “Irish News”, what you should have stated is this “May Hell Roast Him” and the rest of his mates.

Your son was a f u c k i n g bastard and a fenian c u n t, he was full of hatred so he can say goodbye to glory. Your rebel bastards are doomed.

“The Wray family”, get out of your home or be burned out. Ulster is British, God Save the Queen. No Surrender.

Your enemies
    Loughgall

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Northern Ireland can't wait for the day this generation is dead and buried and their petty little war is long forgotten and i'm talking about hate mongerers on both sides of the conflict. I just hope that not too much of their idiotic tribablism gets passed on to the next generation but I know that's probably too much to hope for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭McArmalite

sink wrote: »
    Northern Ireland can't wait for the day this generation is dead and buried and their petty little war is long forgotten and i'm talking about hate mongerers on both sides of the conflict. I just hope that not too much of their idiotic tribablism gets passed on to the next generation but I know that's probably too much to hope for.

" i'm talking about hate mongerers on both sides of the conflict " When people talk about 'both sides' in relation to the north, it's generally meant to mean the conflict between the nationalists and unionists in the six counties, as if the british weren't any part of it. So I'm just wondering sink, does that also include the british army who carried out the murders and the british state who approved it ?? The nationalists of Derry and indeed the rest of us have a hatred of british malice, thuggery and murder, but instead of reffering to it as rightful indignation, you call it idiotic tribablism ??

Unfortunately the idiotic tribablism of the british has been passed on to the next generation as they are carrying out the same and even worse in Iraq and Afghanistan as we speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I'm talking about everyone involved and yes that includes the politicians and the military as well as paramilitaries. I come from a mixed background and I have friends and family all over Britain and Ireland. If it wasn't for the feudal aristocracy and later the politicians using ethnicity and religion as method to divide and rule there wouldn't be a problem on these islands today. The ruling class abused their positions and used the populations of both islands as pawns in their power games. The population through ignorance bought into the crap they were fed and are unwilling to leave it behind.

This letter has no other purpose than to provoke republicans to retaliate and there are republicans who try to provoke unionists in return. It's a never ending cycle and it's not going to lead anywhere positive. There are those on both sides who refuse to let go of the past and just live for the future. We need to get past all the bull**** otherwise it will just keep going round in circles. Why did you even bother posting this? Was it to try and stir the pot? The only way to deal with this sort of thing is to ignore it and pay no attention to those who can't let go of the past. (Which is exactly what I'm not doing for some reason)

Don't try and equate Northern Ireland with Afghanistan and Iraq, they are very different situations and there are few parallels.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

That letter is dated thirty-six years ago. This thread is dated today. In my book, this is a classic case of trolling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement