Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trivial question regarding lcvp...

Options
  • 23-08-2008 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

In the C.V where you list your LC Subjects and Level, do you say ordinary and higher or pass and honours, I am assuming it is ordinary and higher, also would you be marked on having pass and honours down :confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

Hi there, i said higher or ordinary but i dunno if that is right either, probably more would be on overall presentation than the more smaller stuff. In our school when i done the lc, hardly anyone got distinctions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

geminilady wrote: »
    Hi there, i said higher or ordinary but i dunno if that is right either, probably more would be on overall presentation than the more smaller stuff. In our school when i done the lc, hardly anyone got distinctions.

i got a distinction -sticks out tongue-

You list it as higher or ordinary

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Is LCVP not a common level?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

spurious wrote: »
    Is LCVP not a common level?

It is, also... IT'S NOT WORTH DOING.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

SRFC90 wrote: »
    It is, also... IT'S NOT WORTH DOING.

it's totally worth doing if you do business and have common sense !! I got a distinction and did my portfolio in a week !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    it's totally worth doing if you do business and have common sense !! I got a distinction and did my portfolio in a week !

+1
    it is worth doing especially if you are doing a number of subjects at ordinary level. the points attained from LCVP can be substantially more than those for the ordinary level grade.

As for the original question Higher and Ordinary. Honours is just a term for an A-C grade on a higher level paper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

I got a distinction.
    Didn't use the 70 points tho.

I put down Higher and Ordinary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

I got a distinction and used the points.
    also used my CV that was originall created for lcvp several times since for looking for summer work

Advertisement