Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turnkey rentals - BB or Drogheda - anyone else had problems??

Options
  • 23-08-2008 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭

Hello all,

I am trying to track down people who have had problems with Turnkey rentals in either Balbriggan or Drogheda. I have had an absolute nightmare, and would not recommend this shower to my worst enemy. from this and other forums I have discovered that I am not alone, and they have been pi$$ing people off left right and centre.

I am taking action against them, and if anyone else has also had a bad experience with them would be greatful if you would contact me or PM me. Solidarity and all that. Also it makes a stronger case against their licence. I am prepared to do most of the legwork and collating of information, but as i know I am not the only one, I want to get otehr names and stories to hit them where it hurts.

anyone who has had problems with them - either as a LL or a renter - please contact me. Those of you who have had problems with them on a letting/management side may be able to get your fees back, as I have already been given strong advice that if the agent breeches the basic agreement of the contract you can claim your money back. the more of us that pursue this the better for our cases.

If you have any bad experience of this company please get in contact. i refuse to take the treatment I have had lying down.

I am and estate agent in a foreign country and I deal with lettings and management - often in a foreign language, and in all honestly it is NOT THAT HARD to do a good job, if you can be bothered. Turnkey just aren't bothered and treat their clients like muppets.

Lets stick together! Pi$$ed of people unite!

email me on emma@aegeanemeraldproperties.com or PM me.

many thanks,
    Emma

Ps I am posting this on both the Nth co Dub and louth forum, and if possible property forum - moderators move or amalgamate if you feel the need!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Emerald Lass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 poccocurante

i was trying to rent an apartment with turnkey in dundalk a whilo ago: the woman came to show me a ruined house with furniture looking like it was taken from the garbage, an accomodation suitable only for a couple of junkies i suppose, it was dirty all around, unshaved garden, fire alarm was on, completelly rat whole you know. when i said i didn't like it, she was : whaaaa? what is wrong with furniture????
    i couldn't believe such a person could be doing such job, i wanted to ask her if she is having her home furnitured and maintened like that ...
    she didn't even bother to mention some other similar houses or apts she is having in offer by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 joanne73

I have used Turnkey Rentals in Dundalk and Drogheda for the last two years and have never experienced any problems. Any problems that ever arose with tenants were dealt with quickly. Compared to other agents which I have used they actually inspect the properties and report back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I had a problem with Turnkey in Dundalk last year and like the OP, i wouldn't reccommend them to my worst enemy.

I eventually got them to agree to me breaking my contract cause of the sh't i had to encounter over them. In my case though, the landlord was equally as bad as them.

I have dealt with quite a few letting agents and they were by far the worst and the most opportunistic. They try to hold back your deposit whether there are any problems or not, they regularly advertise falsely to draw people in and then say, "oh that was an error in the ad, there is no alarm / broadband etc.. (I was told this by a former employee / associate of theirs.)

Shower of cnuts is the most fitting title i can give them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

joanne73 wrote: »
    I have used Turnkey Rentals in Dundalk and Drogheda for the last two years and have never experienced any problems. Any problems that ever arose with tenants were dealt with quickly. Compared to other agents which I have used they actually inspect the properties and report back to you.

Troll tbh. :pac:

Do you work for TurnKey?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

OK, I've had to delete too many posts that could land boards in trouble, I'm not going to continue to do so. PM should you wish to discuss.

Closed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Thread re-opened at the request of the OP.

Please think carefully before you post. Posts which may put boards.ie in a precarious position will be deleted and will result in the thread being closed.

Feel free to PM me if there's any questions.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 magaret09

turnkey rentals in balbriggan has now turned to first choice lettings. I would NOT ABSOLLUTELY NOT recommend them to anyone!! They are an absolute nitemare to rent with. Many ppl in balbriggan are havin awful trouble with them, they have been closed since christmas making it impossible to pay rent or recieve rent or make any contact. They should not even be a business to be honest with you! ANYONE who doesnt want to lose money stay well away from them!:mad:

Hi Margaret,
    thanks for taking the time to post your experience. I am hoping that by those of us with negative experiences warning others, other people will be able to avoid the stress and loss of money that myself and others had - the stress is really the worst of it, no one likes to loose money, but dealing with this lot really does grind you down.

Turnkey office is now closd and reopened under the name of 1st Choice lettings. I would like to point out, that apparently this is a totally 'new' company, but be aware that the manager of Turnkey who is the reason for mine and so many peoples problems is now the owner of the 'new' venture, so don't expect that their business practices have changed.

There are notices on other forums also regarding problems lots of us have been having.

They are a disgrace, and no doubt about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

joanne73 wrote: »

Spot the employee!
    (...and no, she's not going to admit it!)

My sister came home from America with her husband and wanted accommodation. Money was not a problem. They lived previously in apartment in Manhattan beforehand.
    She went to Turnkey (now 1st Choice - PR stunt - FAIL!) and every, and I mean EVERY place they took her to, was a dump. I went with her a few times when the husband was unavailable and I couldn't believe my eye what they were offering.
    ...And they EXPECTED her to take it - that's the insulting part. One sales rep looked at my sister as if to say "..and what's wrong with it?"
    (Can't say what the conditions were on this forum! - pm me for alternate location.)
    It was embarrassing alone from the point of others coming over to this country and seeing what we, the Irish was expected to accept.
    Mainly besides that however, between the bad conditions and the price per month for such quality :rolleyes: it was a terrible service the sister was offered.
    Where do they get these properties???
    What happened to legal minimum living standards and who do you report such conditions to?

Change of name or not - its still the same level of quality(!) they offer.

• Advertisement

Biggins wrote: »
    Spot the employee!
    (...and no, she's not going to admit it!)
    you said what I think! and it also occurrs to me that if you use a company for 2 years with 'no' problems, then how can you say that
    Compared to other agents which I have used they actually inspect the properties and report back to you
    ??? if you are using a company for 2 years with no problems then where are your experiences of the other agents coming from? and at the same time as saying no problems, then in the same breath says that problems were dealt with quickly??

its either one or the other - problems or not? can't be both?

biggins - as for what your sister was shown, obviously she was never shown mine, as it was a first time let, immac condition - until of course <snip> vetted the tenant who then left it worse than given it, and then had the cheek to tell me that they gave it back to me nicer than it was when I lived there! There certainly weren't black muddy boot marks all over the carpets, black kids paw prints and black mould on all the windows and doors when I lived there and thats for sure, but that was all there when the apparently 'excellent and houseproud' tenants moved out!

Advertisement