Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative Zen Micro & recovery mode

Options
  • 23-08-2008 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Please help - Formatted the drive and tried to update firmware due to an apparant firmware problem but now it doesn't even connect to my computer properly and won't exit out of recovery mode. Don't know what I'm after doing! It's almost 3 years old and never had any issues with it until yesterday :confused::(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

How did you format it exactly? If it's stuck in Recovery Mode, your firmware is probably corrupted and you will need to reload it, but obviously, it needs to be detected by your PC for you to to do that. When you hook it up, does it show up at all in Windows Device Manager? If I remember correctly, it shows up as "Player Recovery Device" when stuck in Recovery Mode. If it's not showing, that's quite bad - you could try the Reload Firmware option in the Recovery Mode to erase any trace of the firmware now on it, then connect it to the PC (I think it prompts you too) and see if it detects it then. If it does, then you can start the firmware update on the PC and if it works, that'll sort it out.

Advertisement