Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build advice

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Your not going to have to worry about playing Warcraft on that machine. You could easily run a few clients at the same time. The only thing i'd be unsure about, is whether or not 500W is enough for that rig.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Yeah i was wondering that myself. The problem is i dont have that much space to play with money wise and a case and a seperate psu is a fair bit more expensive, unless i missed some cheap stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

It's a really nice machine but if you were to fork out an extra 100quid cash you could get a really nice processor + gfx upgrade just choose the ankerman case when selecting the case the machin will come to 650 euro + posting and it's an insane rig will easily run wow at over 200fps with the highest settings as the gfx card is insane tbh, without being overly priced like hte 260 :D

http://ankermann-pc.com/en/
    Pick the pc on the right and just choose anyone of the cases in the 3rd row, SAVAGE pc :D

System: INTEL Core 2 Quad Q9450 2.67GHz
    Equipment:
    - ASUS P5N-D nForce 750i SLI
    - NVidia GeForce 9800GTX 512MB
    - 750GB SATA2 HDD Samsung
    - 4GB 800MHz RAM Kingston
    - LG GH20LS 20x DVD-RW SecurDisc
    - MS-TECH LC 401 - Black: € -70.00
    - Cooler Master CPU cooler
    - 600W Power | 12cm Fan
    - Realtek ALC888 7.1 Audio
    - Gigabit Ethernet LAN DSL Ready

all the above for 679 + shipping

Yeah thats a bit out of my price range since ive gotta buy an OS and Screen as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

I'd have no problem mailing you down a copy of vista 64bit free of charge also :d if it means u get a card ALOT better and a far superior processor that would do u a good 3+ years into the future i'd look into it :D

Also a screen is a screen unlike a computer it doesn't diminish over time all you need as a decent tft between 2ms and 5ms you could pick up a 19" for next to nothing 2nd hand, or if your're like me get yourself a crt unriveled for gaming :D

Let me know like i said i'd have no problem sorting you with windows vista

Edit** Actually looking at the site you're buying off the 9800gtx would only cost you an extra 30quid, well worth it if you ask me, stick to your spec mate but get that card instead of the one you were thinking of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

500W is plenty for the rig.

My little brothers are running a similar spec rig off a FSP 350W.
    (core2duo, 8800GT, 1 harddrive etc...)

500W is MORE than enough.

In my need to try and get it all under 800 os and screen included im gonna swap out

MSI NX8800GT-T2D512E-OC, NVIDIA 8800GT, 512MB, PCI-Express
    for
    Club3D 9800GT, 512MB, NVIDIA Geforce 9800GT, PCI-Express

I know its not as good but i can swap it for a better one in a few months

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The 8800gt and the 9800gt are more or less the same card. The 9800gt is just an 8800gt that had a die shrink. It should use a little less power and push out less heat. The 8800gt you linked to is an overclocked edition though, but you should be able to overclock the 9800gt easily enough yourself.

Just out of curiosity what is the opinion on Aerocool cases?
    I was looking at this one and it seems ok http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=18461&agid=631

Advertisement