Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should Man Utd sign Usain Bolt?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Bolt would not make it in football because he has designed his body to do either a 100m or 200m sprint. That's all his body is designed for.He's not capable of going up and down the pitch.He's capable of 1 sprint and that's it. His muscles are designed for pure power not endurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

hunter164 wrote: »
    Bolt would not make it in football because he has designed his body to do either a 100m or 200m sprint. That's all his body is designed for.He's not capable of going up and down the pitch.He's capable of 1 sprint and that's it. His muscles are designed for pure power not endurance.

I agree but by that logic an Olympic 10000m winner could be the midfield general because he can run so far for so long according to Shamblertime.

This thread, it really is a disaster. SO stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

SantryRed wrote: »
    I agree but by that logic an Olympic 10000m winner could be the midfield general because he can run so far for so long according to Shamblertime.

This thread, it really is a disaster. SO stupid.
    Ye but does he really know what he is talking about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭The Rooster

shane86 wrote: »
    For all we know he is rubbish at football. In fact, seeing as he chose to concentrate on olympic athletics which for all we know is not a paid sport in Jamaica says it all (obviously he will rake in ad money and probably has cars already bought for him by sponsors, but do olympic athletes generally get paid by their country?). If he knew himself to be a great footballer he would have channeled his commitment there. Just because he can run like lightening doesnt mean he is great at controlling a ball at the same time.
    There is plenty of money in athletics. Bolt would earn a lot of prizemoney from the Grand Prix circuit in addition to all the sponsorship rewards he gets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Lighten up, it was clear this thread was a bit tongue in cheek, and intended more as a discussion of whether a world class sprinter could make it in a sport such as football.

No seriously, this really is a stupid pointless thread! Can a world class sprinter make it in a sport such as football? Yes, if he's good at football to a premier league standard, he could. So could i! Or anyone. That's pretty much your answer right there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭RodVelvet

I think Ferguson may have proved this theory already regarding David Bellion. He had amazing pace but not much else. Defintiely a player of the headless chicken variety.

Having natural pace is an asset but doesn't make you a complete player. On our 11 a side team we have a winger who gets to the byline evrrytime but can only make a decent delivery about one in five times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

Do you think he would be a good footballer? I don't think it would be hard to teach him some basic football skills, and then he would be all set. He would absolutely smoke every defender. Surely he would be want to be a footballer himself since there is so much more money in it than athletics.

this is your first post in the soccer forum?

they should raise it to 1500 posts needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

lads, lads, lads. . .

why would he play football when he's already clearly in training for Vancouver 2010??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

weemcd wrote: »
    lads, lads, lads. . .

why would he play football when he's already clearly in training for Vancouver 2010??

lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

Well what do you know, Bolt is a United fan:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8000085.stm

Anyone else think that was a poorly disguised "come and get me" plea to Ferguson?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8000085.stm

Anyone else think that was a poorly disguised "come and get me" plea to Ferguson?

he also is a real madrid "fan" & went to see Arsenal a few times when he was living in London for a time (when he could get himself away from computer games that is).

he said united are the greatest team in the world, doesn't matter if he went to see someone else play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

he said united are the greatest team in the world, doesn't matter if he went to see someone else play

If a Stoke fan doesnt think stoke are the best team in the world, is he a Utd fan too?

I see your logic has stayed at a constant level since the start of the season.

OMG lol watch the video and tell me he isn't a united fan

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

OMG lol watch the video and tell me he isn't a united fan

OMG
    LOL
    WTF
    YMCA
    etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

In response to the original question, anyone who remembers Willie Banks, the American triple jumper on the soccer section of superstars will understand why it's a non-runner.

For those who don't remember, superstars was where top athletes from different sporst would compete at different events, e.g. a cycle race, a run, penalties, push ups, chin ups and other things to see who was the super star.

For the 'penalties', they had to dribble forward, then they'd come to a cone, before which they would have to kick the ball against a advertising hoarding which was alongside the cone and collect the ball on the rebound off the hoarding at the other side of the cone before shooting. Willie Banks couldn't kick it off the hoarding at the right angle to be able to collect it again, so I think after a few failed opportunities they let him not bother with this bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

And they still haven't signed him? Fergie out.

An File wrote: »
    OMG
    LOL
    WTF
    YMCA
    etc...

Reported.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Reported.

Reported? OMG!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

LOL

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Go ahead and lock this one up.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

CHD wrote: »
    Go ahead and lock this one up.....

...IBTL

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

...IBTL

I can has +1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

...IBTL

Why do people bother posting that?:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement